In case you missed it

BRI Staff

Doug Prewitt will no longer play football for Lamar. Medical issues have sidelined him from the game. He will continue to be a part of the team as a manager.

Mike reported on it first around 3 hours ago.

Lamar just put out this press release: http://www.lamarcardinals.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/032212aaa.html

Woodard on Prewitt:

"Doug's done a great job representing our program," said Woodard. "I can't say enough good things about Doug. He's come to a decision which is a mature decision. He's thinking about his long term health and I respect him for that.

Guest NorthoftheBorder
Doug Prewitt will no longer play football for Lamar. Medical issues have sidelined him from the game. He will continue to be a part of the team as a manager.

Mike reported on it first around 3 hours ago.

Lamar just put out this press release: http://www.lamarcardinals.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/032212aaa.html

Woodard on Prewitt:

"Doug's done a great job representing our program," said Woodard. "I can't say enough good things about Doug. He's come to a decision which is a mature decision. He's thinking about his long term health and I respect him for that.

I have said a lot already about Prewitt. Don't know the kid, never met him. Just was impressed by his play at the end of the 1st season. He is an overachiever who is a smart kid with leadership qualities and he can throw the ball. I thought he got shafted last season. Woodard's politically correct statement gets a little under my skin for a numerous reason's. I won't elobarate anymore. Good luck Doug in whatever you do.

Guest CardAmbassador
So what was Woodard supposed to say? I didn't see anything wrong with his comments but then again I'm not nearly as cynical.

Guest bigred360
Best of luck to Doug Prewitt both now and in the future in his professional and private life. Sounds like a great kid (young man).

Guest NorthoftheBorder
So what was Woodard supposed to say? I didn't see anything wrong with his comments but then again I'm not nearly as cynical.

CA I've been following LU sports since the mid 70's, well before you were born. I have rode the (few) peaks and (many) valleys of Cardinal athletic teams. Call me cynical if you want, I remember the day when I was younger and I would swallow hard over things that appeared to be bad decisions but would never publicly question it. I am not there anymore.

So I have a question for you. What is the best team (school) that the LU has beat since football has been brought back?

Guest CardAmbassador

CA I've been following LU sports since the mid 70's, well before you were born. I have rode the (few) peaks and (many) valleys of Cardinal athletic teams. Call me cynical if you want, I remember the day when I was younger and I would swallow hard over things that appeared to be bad decisions but would never publicly question it. I am not there anymore.

So I have a question for you. What is the best team (school) that the LU has beat since football has been brought back?

2010 USD.

I know that, but I really am questioning what you think Woodard should have said? He complimented Doug in a very nice way, what else was he supposed to do?