PDA

View Full Version : saturday practice report

lu cards
02-26-2011, 01:28 PM
Bevil just scored on a qb option.nice crowd out.

lu cards
02-26-2011, 01:33 PM
Marcus jackson is in a boot.

lu cards
02-26-2011, 01:35 PM
Coleman looking good on d.

lu cards
02-26-2011, 01:40 PM
Prewitt just threw a pick.haven't seen any signs of a running game.

lu cards
02-26-2011, 01:44 PM
Defense looks really good.jj is in at qb.

lu cards
02-26-2011, 03:05 PM
offense played better later in the scrimmage.jj had a nice drive to end the day.the question of the day is who is #21?#21 ran the ball great.the guy next to me said he went to tcu and then to blinn.sat out last year.thought his name was mike.you can tell immediatley that lamar is better than last year.

LU4LIFE
02-26-2011, 03:09 PM
I was really impressed with the RB #21 he made a couple of really nice runs. Big play JJ had a couple of nice catches but I expect that from him. The defense was very very vocal an seemed fired up can't wait to see them against another teams offense.

CardinalClaw
02-26-2011, 03:23 PM
I thought Coleman played pretty well, he had 1 sack an put some pressure on the QB. The defense play well as a unit other then a few slip ups here an there. Bevil did run in one TD but he had two fumbles, one on a 10 to 15 yard run.(He recovered that one) Prewitt threw a INT off a tipped pass. JJ had a couple of nice runs an passes one to Hayes in the endzone, but he was forced out. I believe every QB had a turnover but JJ, but IMO none of the QB's really stood out from the rest. (I'm not saying they look bad) The running game is not where I was I hoping it would be, but there is still a lot of time to get it going. I don't know this guy's name but he was waring #21, he looked really good on a couple of runs. One he took in for a TD, so that was a bright spot in the running game to me. All in all, it was a good scrimmage an I had fun.

CardAmbassador
02-26-2011, 03:58 PM
CardinalClaw wrote:

I thought Coleman played pretty well, he had 1 sack an put some pressure on the QB. The defense play well as a unit other then a few slip ups here an there. Bevil did run in one TD but he had two fumbles, one on a 10 to 15 yard run.(He recovered that one) Prewitt threw a INT off a tipped pass. JJ had a couple of nice runs an passes one to Hayes in the endzone, but he was forced out. I believe every QB had a turnover but JJ, but IMO none of the QB's really stood out from the rest. (I'm not saying they look bad) The running game is not where I was I hoping it would be, but there is still a lot of time to get it going. I don't know this guy's name but he was waring #21, he looked really good on a couple of runs. One he took in for a TD, so that was a bright spot in the running game to me. All in all, it was a good scrimmage an I had fun.

I made it out last week and none of the Qb's really stood out significantly over the other. Last week I thought Smith was the most responsible with the ball, JJ and Bevil had big plays, prewitt was steady for the most part but had a few bad decisions.

How did Smith do this week?

CardinalClaw
02-26-2011, 04:03 PM
He looked good, made some nice passes to Hayes.

coachacola
02-26-2011, 08:05 PM
New blog entry from "In The Cards" on the BE website:

1. Andre Bevil has made the starting quarterback job his to lose by leading the offense to two touchdowns in four possessions...

2. The more I see Jeremy Johnson and the more Woodard talks about him, the more I think Johnson will be a change-of-pace quarterback for the Cardinals this season. Look for him to be put in some “Wild Card” packages that could put him and Bevil on the field at the same time...

3. Punter Kollin Kahler drew applause from the couple hundred fans in the stadium when he booted three of his four punts inside the 20...

4. Running back Michael Venson spun away from a defender during a 21-yard touchdown run that showed a flash of offensive dash missing last season for Lamar. Venson is a 5-foot-9, 170-pound running back who originally signed with TCU...

The days leading to Thursday’s spring game should be fun. Woodard has dubbed the game the “Crawfish Bowl I” because...

Link: Five thoughts from Saturday’s Lamar football scrimmage (http://blog.beaumontenterprise.com/inthecards/2011/02/26/five-thoughts-from-saturdays-lamar-football)

Rivals page: Michael Venson (http://rivals.yahoo.com/tcu/football/recruiting/player-Michael-Venson-71365)

CardAmbassador
02-26-2011, 08:19 PM
That blog was full of all types of new information.

Interesting, Venson was on the team last year, I guess he was one of those freshman/sophomores that stepped up during the off-season and have started making some noise. I sometimes forget that we probably have a few sleepers from previous signing classes with good talent that hasn't been tapped by the coaches yet.

Not very happy with Bevil at starting QB. I really hope that doesn't happen.

bigred360
02-26-2011, 08:31 PM
I saw a #21 at a few of the practices I attended and the dude is FAST. I believe that forty time.

CardinalClaw
02-27-2011, 12:16 AM
He is defiantly one of those sleepers, I was impressed with his ability. I can't wait to see what he can do in a real game.

jdcurran235
02-27-2011, 09:27 AM
I love the fact that I have moved to alaska for a north slope job and can keep up on my LU sports. Even listened to most of the games this season online. gotta love the internet

lu cards
02-27-2011, 09:12 PM
venson played rb at katy cinco ranch in '08.he signed with tcu as a db out of high school but for whatever reason never made it to campus.played at blinn in '09.they have him listed as a db on the roster.signed with lu in the spring '10.did not play last year for lu but was on the roster.i dont remember seeing him in the fall workouts.