PDA

View Full Version : lamar qb's

lu cards
02-27-2011, 09:30 PM
lamar will have 7 qb's on scholarship this fall.bevil,johnson,prewitt,smith,berry,louis(hurt) and forney.tatum was moved to defense late in the season.i dont see forney playing qb at the college level but he was signed as a qb and woodard said he'd be given a chance.is it normal to carry this many qb's at the fcs level?seems that we are wasted some scholarships.

Adams
02-28-2011, 05:09 PM
Sounds like that's about 3 too many. Maybe 4 too many.
Who needs that many QB's?

bigred360
02-28-2011, 05:31 PM
Agree 7 is way too many but Forney will not play QB at Lamar. I'd be willing to bet a pay check on that one.

BigRed2010
02-28-2011, 06:23 PM
I think Coach Woodard has said more than once or twice that he likes to recruit QB's because usually they are the best athlete on a high school team. So the best athlete on a high school team probably can play multiple positions.

CardAmbassador
02-28-2011, 07:15 PM
BigRed2010 wrote:

I think Coach Woodard has said more than once or twice that he likes to recruit QB's because usually they are the best athlete on a high school team. So the best athlete on a high school team probably can play multiple positions.

You got this one right. We will probably only have 3 listed as qb's by the start of the season, everyone else will move positions just like the PNG kid did.

I don't think what LU is doing is anything new. I think many teams recruit qb's because they are usually the smartest and best athletes on the field. The only difference is that Lamar is letting most of them try out at the QB position too, which I don't necessarily see anything wrong with.

jdcurran235
02-28-2011, 07:31 PM
I played football one season at NAPS and they did the same thing. I think that is just how it is done in college. Most of the time you don't really know what you have at QB untill you see all of them compete. At that point you just keep the best few.

BigRed2010
02-28-2011, 07:42 PM
jdcurran235 wrote:

I played football one season at NAPS and they did the same thing. I think that is just how it is done in college. Most of the time you don't really know what you have at QB untill you see all of them compete. At that point you just keep the best few.

Let the cream rise to the top!.........What does NAPS stand for?

jdcurran235
02-28-2011, 08:07 PM
Naval Academy Prep School. It is like playin JUCO.