PDA

View Full Version : Any future plans for the Stadium?

Adams
02-28-2011, 05:15 PM
Having been to the stadium a few times last season to get some up close photos of the game I came away impressed with the upgrades. Are there any in the near future plans for more upgrades to Cardinal Stadium?

jdcurran235
02-28-2011, 06:01 PM
I haven't seen anything on any of the boards. I posted a picture of the original rendition of what a stadium expansion would look like pre montangue center on setxsports.com a ways back. It is designed to be a bowl. I have seen other post about how we could do some double decking of the stadium and where we could enclose one side. If we get an invite to the WAC we might start hearing some discussions.

CardAmbassador
02-28-2011, 07:12 PM
I think a steep double deck on the away side would be possible.

Here is what I think they can and should do:
1. Large Suites Press box on Home side, what we have now is small and unimpressive.
2. Maybe 15 or 20 rows in the south end zone
3. double deck on away side.
4. Landscaping fence trees and wall to block view of refineries.

jdcurran235
02-28-2011, 07:28 PM
That is probably thier only option. First thing is just to put the 15 to 20 rows in the south endzone. At that point we would be close to 20K the other expansions will require a lot more money. The south endzone can be done fairly inexpensive.

bigred360
02-28-2011, 07:44 PM
There is enough room to close end the side with the Athletic Complex. It will kill the view from the coaches offices onto the field but it will give an additional 10k seats.

Then you could double deck the visitor side and make the press box at least triple deck with more suites on the home side.

Or they could redue the feeder road in front of the stadium and make an exist ramp before the Athletic Complex and one just past the Montagne Center. Then they would have room to double deck both sides.

That would easily make the stadium 35K.

BigRed2010
02-28-2011, 08:00 PM
The thing I have heard from Dr. Simmons, is that they would enclose the north end of the stadium on both sides to the Montagne Center and put another deck above the existing east stands. Which would seat between 30,000 to 35,000. I heard this from Dr. Simmons, himself. Take it for what it's worth.

CardAmbassador
02-28-2011, 08:21 PM
BigRed2010 wrote:

The thing I have heard from Dr. Simmons, is that they would enclose the north end of the stadium on both sides to the Montagne Center and put another deck above the existing east stands. Which would seat between 30,000 to 35,000. I heard this from Dr. Simmons, himself. Take it for what it's worth.

BR2010, are you a current student alum? What is your affiliation with LU? Just curious.

BigRed2010
02-28-2011, 08:47 PM
I'm a current football season ticket holder. I was a season ticket holder for basketball during Coach Tubbs and Coach Foster years. I from this area, went to Lamar. I try to support all the sports. I'm a fan and supporter of LU! I think with Dr. Simmons, we're finally building something here we can be proud of. Finally!

NorthoftheBorder
03-01-2011, 03:39 PM
BigRed2010 wrote:

This is consistent with what I have heard before in that the existing East and West lower decks would be extended toward the Montagne ie...go to the back of the end zone line instead of stopping at the front end zone line, then putting an upper deck on the East side. I think you can put a small lower deck seating in the North end zone in front of the Montagne and you have to put a South end zone deck but maybe not as high as the lower east and west decks. If you add a 3 or 4 tier press box/suites on the West side with all this you have a first class stadium that maybe gets your near 35k. I think this would get you in the CUSA/WAC/Sun Belt range.

PS Coachacola has probably posted the best info on stadium expansion in the past. I have to believe there are Architectural Drawings of an expanded PU stadium that someone on this board has seen. Be nice to here them expound on it.