PDA

View Full Version : Admin

bigred360
03-01-2011, 02:31 PM
Thanks for the updated news about the WAC. Hopefully a change in leadership in the MBB program will please our cause.

Mike
03-01-2011, 02:36 PM
bigred360 wrote:

Thanks for the updated news about the WAC. Hopefully a change in leadership in the MBB program will please our cause.

You're welcome but lets not get ahead of ourselves about Coach Roccaforte. I didn't hear anything on his future status only that the current state of the program was "an issue" which is something we all already knew.

bigred360
03-01-2011, 02:49 PM
Well, if Lamar doesn't buy out his contract they are going to lose more money than his $135,000 contract because people are not going to renew their season tickets and they will have poor walk-up sales.

I have yet to hear one person say he deserves another year.

I know in your position you can't really say anything negative about one of the current coaches.

coachacola
03-01-2011, 03:19 PM
Well, the WAC took UTSA and Texas State, and neither one has been any good in basketball. UTSA is also a startup, and they are one year behind Lamar in their football program. None of these seem to be deal breakers unless the Lamar admin feel like they can't be successful at the FBS level.

jdcurran235
03-01-2011, 03:31 PM
I dont really see any other way the WAC can go. I think it is LU or noone as far as football goes.

coachacola
03-01-2011, 04:38 PM
I think the WAC is waiting on Lamar to decide if they want to join the WAC, not the other way around. The ball's in Dr. Simmons court, I just hope they don't let this opportunity pass them by because they could be stuck in the SLC for a while if they do. That would really suck. I know my interest in Lamar sports will decrease if they stay in the SLC.

CardAmbassador
03-01-2011, 05:19 PM
coachacola wrote:

Well, the WAC took UTSA and Texas State, and neither one has been any good in basketball. UTSA is also a startup, and they are one year behind Lamar in their football program. None of these seem to be deal breakers unless the Lamar admin feel like they can't be successful at the FBS level.

Agreed, as soon as I read this I knew it couldn't be from the WAC. The WAC took TxSt and UTSA, while they maybe doing better currently I don't think either of their AD are ahead of us.

I think they are just trying to quiet things down so that if we decline and invite that people wont be as disappointed.