PDA

View Full Version : LU picked 7th in SLC poll

Mike
07-24-2012, 02:12 PM
LINK: http://www.lamarcardinals.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/072412aaa.html

JJWooten
07-24-2012, 03:46 PM
Basically almost all the coaches picked Nicholls last and one coach picked Lamar to be last (from what I can tell).

What's interesting is that clog in the 2-3-4 spot, it's basically a crapshoot at this point in the season with no clear favorite.

coachacola
07-24-2012, 03:51 PM
Basically almost all the coaches picked Nicholls last and one coach picked Lamar to be last (from what I can tell).

What's interesting is that clog in the 2-3-4 spot, it's basically a crapshoot at this point in the season with no clear favorite.

I bet the Nicholls coach picked Lamar last!

TexGator
07-24-2012, 04:01 PM
Okay, so it's handicapped as
1 - Sam Houston St.
2/3/4 - Central Arkansas, Stephen F. Austin St., McNeese St.
5-8 - everyone else... incl. Lamar

I don't see a reason why Lamar can't beat the other 3 teams also-rans in the conference, thus improving by a game from last year's conference record... let alone upsetting one of the other four teams and getting some attention around the country as a team you can't sleep on. Southeast is going to want revenge for us upsetting them the last two years. We need to win those sort of games. We can't leave a win on the field.

JJWooten
07-24-2012, 04:32 PM

I bet the Nicholls coach picked Lamar last!

Well yea, because Nicholls can't vote for their own team.

Mike t
07-26-2012, 11:08 AM
Polls don't mean anything!

Mike
07-26-2012, 11:44 AM

Agreed, but they can provide some motivation.

Mike t
07-26-2012, 12:32 PM

That's very true. Sam was picked 4th last season(I think??)

Mike
07-26-2012, 12:40 PM

That's very true. Sam was picked 4th last season(I think??)

I wanna say it was 5th...Im sure some Bearkats that frequent know for sure.

coachacola
07-26-2012, 01:03 PM
SHSU was picked 4th by the coaches, 5th by the SIDs (I had to Google it).

Link: http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/lamar/article/Lamar-football-predicted-last-in-Southland-1615961.php

CardAmbassador
07-26-2012, 08:36 PM
Difference being the Bearkats won their last 6 games or something like that of the prior season. We were picked 8th and finished 6th. I can easily see us doing the same thing (picked 7th and finishing 5th, if lucky 4th) (we would need to be very lucky though.

eagle eye
08-01-2012, 09:54 AM
I don't mind flying under the radar. I hope with the new weapons that we have now and the depth we are accumulating that we reach up and bite some of these teams early and often. I love it when polls are wrong when my team is involved. We really need the O-line to step up but we have some weapons. I think 7th place is a big motivator and the Cards are better than they're given credit. JMHO.

BigNasty92
08-01-2012, 10:01 AM
I don't mind flying under the radar. I hope with the new weapons that we have now and the depth we are accumulating that we reach up and bite some of these teams early and often. I love it when polls are wrong when my team is involved. We really need the O-line to step up but we have some weapons. I think 7th place is a big motivator and the Cards are better than they're given credit. JMHO.

I couldn't agree more.