PDA

View Full Version : OT: Bearkats top preseason FCS Poll

Mike
08-13-2012, 02:41 PM
LINK: http://bigredinsider.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=643:s hsu-tops-preseason-fcs-poll&catid=56:latest-sports-news

NorthoftheBorder
08-13-2012, 03:26 PM
I have no problem with SHSU's preseason ranking. They deserve to be at or near the top. Would love for the Card's to knock them off though!!

LU 17
08-13-2012, 07:59 PM
I agree with you North...they have a lot of returning starters from a good season last year. I still don't know why UCA gets all the love.

nickels
08-14-2012, 06:27 AM
I have no problem with SHSU's preseason ranking. They deserve to be at or near the top. Would love for the Card's to knock them off though!!

SHSU by 40+

NorthoftheBorder
08-14-2012, 09:39 AM

SHSU by 40+

Hopefully we will hold them to less of a margin!!! would like to see a competitive game!!

TBonesLU
08-14-2012, 09:49 AM
Nickels is a Bearkat. He's one of "them".

puddin tane
08-14-2012, 10:41 AM
maybe some day they will get electricity and indoor plumbing in huntsville...then computers ..and their very own athletic website!

LU 17
08-14-2012, 09:54 PM
Using all that electricity for the electric chair at the prison. That don't have enough to power up a web site.

nickels
08-15-2012, 02:13 AM
yeah and even with all the inmates we havn't made a dent in beaumonts crime yet...

Mr.KnowItAll
08-15-2012, 07:48 AM
In Huntsville you have to "hide yo kids, hide yo wife!" lol ;D

Sam_Kats
08-15-2012, 08:41 AM
I, too, hope it's a more competitive game. My mind was already back on tailgating by mid-2nd quarter. Makes for a rough next morning.

LU 17
08-15-2012, 05:55 PM
Mike, can you set up a BRI thread for all the Sam Houston band wagon jumpers to get on so they can post messages to each other about how great they are. They must not have anyplace else to post. One guy would say I bet we beat LU by 50. The other would say, no by 60. The first guy would say, no 70. The next guy says, no 80. First guy, no 90. Next guy, no 100. First guy, no 200. Next guy, 1000. First guy, SHSU will win by Infiniti. Both guys say Yeah, Infiniti. In the background you hear a voice...beavis and butthead, back to work.

puddin tane
08-15-2012, 08:27 PM
getting blown out isnt real interesting from this end either.......

Rev at lumberjackfans.com
08-15-2012, 08:28 PM

I look forward to when Lamar gets a good competitive team. It'd be great for a 3 way Texas rivalry.

But who knows how long that will take.

BigNasty92
08-15-2012, 08:38 PM
Boo.

Austin Card
08-15-2012, 08:43 PM
The SH board reminds me of a jaded 16 year old girl who's boyfriend just broke up with her and now she's crying to her friends about it.

Its always-
"Lamar this, Lamar that.. whats going on with LU..why do they think they're so good? Why don't they call me back? I'll bet you they're on the McNeese board right now....you know they are neighbors and all... I saw them together at a sold out game last year. McNeese is a real tramp."
"I don't understand why they close their blinds when I drive by, I know they're home, I see the light on. Do they think I'm stupid or something."

"I hate Lamar soooooooooo much!!!!!"

"That's it..... I'm getting back together with SFA!!!"

Kinda Sad

BigNasty92
08-15-2012, 08:52 PM

I look forward to when Lamar gets a good competitive team. It'd be great for a 3 way Texas rivalry.

But who knows how long that will take.

I agree. It will be great for all of us when we get a competitive team together (for rivalry) and who does know when that will be (I know we are headIng In the rIght dIrectIon) ...but instead of jumping on our boards just to be dIcks, try saying something constructive instead. The continued "we kicked y'all's ass" comments are about as constuctive as my mom remarks.

LU 17
08-15-2012, 08:54 PM
Rev, I'm sure you didn't give your 100 bucks to a homeless guy in downtown Houston. That is if you even live in Houston...I just keep wondering why you Sam Houston and sfa guys keep getting on a LU fan website. Again, I ask...play on your web site and leave us alone...I am sure you can find another web site to talk your smack. Like I said before, I know you will disappear when we start beating you. We are coming back into football and you guys talk noise to a 3rd year program. Get on SMU's website and talk noise to them and try not to be scared. I doubt any LU people get on shsu or sfa's web site and stir up trouble.

kingkat99
08-15-2012, 09:03 PM
Rev, I'm sure you didn't give your 100 bucks to a homeless guy in downtown Houston. That is if you even live in Houston...I just keep wondering why you Sam Houston and sfa guys keep getting on a LU fan website. Again, I ask...play on your web site and leave us alone...I am sure you can find another web site to talk your smack. Like I said before, I know you will disappear when we start beating you. We are coming back into football and you guys talk noise to a 3rd year program. Get on SMU's website and talk noise to them and try not to be scared. I doubt any LU people get on shsu or sfa's web site and stir up trouble.

Hey I'm done posting here. I only even logged in tonight because someone crossed the line and talked about a sensitive subject for a buddy of mine.

Mike
08-15-2012, 09:11 PM
Rev, I'm sure you didn't give your 100 bucks to a homeless guy in downtown Houston. That is if you even live in Houston...I just keep wondering why you Sam Houston and sfa guys keep getting on a LU fan website. Again, I ask...play on your web site and leave us alone...I am sure you can find another web site to talk your smack. Like I said before, I know you will disappear when we start beating you. We are coming baUck into football and you guys talk noise to a 3rd year program. Get on SMU's website and talk noise to them and try not to be scared. I doubt any LU people get on shsu or sfa's web site and stir up trouble.

Hey I'm done posting here. I only even logged in tonight because someone crossed the line and talked about a sensitive subject for a buddy of mine.

Man I leave for practice and hell breaks loose.

I enjoy all the rival posters, the more the better but have some consideration where you're posting. I go to katfans and no matter what you guys post I realize where I am and stay respectful. That's all I ask. It's my hope that all the SLC fan sites do well cause that's good for all of us.

Second, personal attacks aren't necessary to get a point across. Debate with facts and a little smack and it's fine. IMO there's never a reason to make it personal.

There ya go now back at it.

Rev at lumberjackfans.com
08-15-2012, 09:23 PM

Actually you're right, I don't live in Houston. I live I'm Galveston and work in downtown Houston and you bet I gave the money away. Consider it a charitable donation to the down on his luck guy who I see every day sitting by the Subway restaurant at Milam and Rusk.

Like I said, I look forward to the day you put together a competitive team and we aren't stupid. We know Lamar will beat SFA and Sam at some point. Lamar may win a SLC title, but not this year. The fans who said Lamar would win 5 games this season have the same belief I do. You won't be the worst in the SLC. That's a battle between SELA and Nicholls.

But you won't be a playoff team this year. Sorry guys

LU 17
08-15-2012, 09:25 PM
Since nobody really knows each other, I don't think anything was done to attack anybodys relative or family member. I think it was done in fun and not to disrespect anybodys deceased family member. I really doubt anybody knew somebody had a deceased relative when the comment was made. Soooooooo, So long kaftan...since your done posting here, we will just enjoy the mutual respect we have for each others football team.

Austin Card
08-15-2012, 09:26 PM

Dude.. it was a generic "your mom joke" I'm sure he did not mean anything by it and feels bad.

I for one don't mind the smack talk a little bit (not all the time of course), cause in a couple of years I'm going to be giving it back to you all and I cant wait. To me its all fun and games, lets not get too bent out of shape about it. No need to stop posting in my opinion. You won and you have the bragging rights right now, that's how this works.

Big T
08-15-2012, 09:35 PM
The SH board reminds me of a jaded 16 year old girl who's boyfriend just broke up with her and now she's crying to her friends about it.

Its always-
"Lamar this, Lamar that.. whats going on with LU..why do they think they're so good? Why don't they call me back? I'll bet you they're on the McNeese board right now....you know they are neighbors and all... I saw them together at a sold out game last year. McNeese is a real tramp."
"I don't understand why they close their blinds when I drive by, I know they're home, I see the light on. Do they think I'm stupid or something."

Kinda Sad

HAHAHAHAHA!!! Great Post!

LU 17
08-15-2012, 09:36 PM
Ah yes Rev, Milam and Rusk. I used to work at the GRB, but I transferred. I'm glad to know you contributed to the crack head homeless issue we have in Houston. If you really want to help, give food and blankets, not money. It goes to dope. I know many homeless in Houston and that is what the money goes for. I think we just want to support our football team as best we can. When guys like you and others come onto our website talking noise, we ask why? We, at least I don't think we do, disrespect your teams on your web sites. SFA and SHSU have great football programs. Do you find yourself powerful to talk down to ours?

puddin tane
08-15-2012, 09:50 PM
respect? i hate em both......I remember when sfa was a womens basketbsall school only..football was a footnote...good ole days.....hope they come back soon...

TBonesLU
08-16-2012, 07:29 AM

Its always-

Kinda Sad

Ha ha! Awesome, Paul.

BigNasty92
08-16-2012, 09:18 AM

Dude.. it was a generic "your mom joke" I'm sure he did not mean anything by it and feels bad.

I for one don't mind the smack talk a little bit (not all the time of course), cause in a couple of years I'm going to be giving it back to you all and I cant wait. To me its all fun and games, lets not get too bent out of shape about it. No need to stop posting in my opinion. You won and you have the bragging rights right now, that's how this works.

BigNasty92
08-16-2012, 09:25 AM
Yes, of course it was meant to be a generic mom joke and not a personal attack. (I lost my mom, too, almost 5 years ago...and it still hurts).

Mike
08-16-2012, 09:33 AM
Yes, of course it was meant to be a generic mom joke and not a personal attack. (I lost my mom, too, almost 5 years ago...and it still hurts).

I understood that BN and was speaking in generic terms as well. Hope you took it that way.