PDA

View Full Version : Fox - Louisiana Preview

ULouisiana
08-21-2012, 07:57 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2011/08/24/ncaa-football-preview-louisiana-ragin-cajuns/

coachacola
08-21-2012, 08:27 PM
Lamar's new defense is going to be tested in this game. We'll see if they can slow down the Cajun offense enough to keep the game close. According to the article their defensive line is the weak spot so maybe Sims can make some good runs.

Redrain07
08-21-2012, 09:37 PM
Not trying to burst any bubbles of hope here but we are relying on a guy who is new to the program to carry the offense? I hope that's not the case because if so this could get ugly.

BigRed2010
08-21-2012, 10:07 PM
Not trying to burst any bubbles of hope here but we are relying on a guy who is new to the program to carry the offense? I hope that's not the case because if so this could get ugly.

I'm just hoping for a respectable score. I think it's going to take our team three or four games before they come together as a team. Hopefully, it will not "get ugly". I'm hoping after the fifth game we really start to look like a real team... FCS or FBS! I hope this is the case. This year I'm hoping we catch up with McNeese, Northwestern, and maybe Central Arkansas. Next year, SHSU and SFA. Those are my hopes..........

CardAmbassador
08-21-2012, 10:27 PM

Everyone is new to the offense...

BigNasty92
08-22-2012, 06:08 AM

.....This year I'm hoping we catch up with McNeese, Northwestern, and maybe Central Arkansas. Next year, SHSU and SFA. Those are my hopes..........

Those are my hopes, too. Certainly is reasonable and (fingers crossed) probable.

coachacola
08-22-2012, 07:20 AM

I'm not expecting Sims to carry the offense, just looking for a more balanced attack this year. Last year with Garrett out they had to pass the ball. With a new QB and receivers they can't do that so they need a decent running game. I'm not sure how well Lamar can throw the ball against UL, especially since this is the first game of the season.

Redrain07
08-22-2012, 08:34 AM
Your right they are all new to the offense but Sims in general is pretty wet behind the ears. I agree we have to be more balanced this season.

LU1991
08-22-2012, 08:37 AM
Unfortunately I have not been able to make any practices, so my expectations are low with all the new guys but looking to have a game they can build upon. We will be at the game backing them either way.