PDA

View Full Version : Lamar to prepare for loud crowd

coachacola
08-27-2012, 07:25 PM
Southeast Conference schools prepare for road games by blasting crowd noise through loudspeakers during practices.

Lamar will do some of the same this week at Provost Umphrey Stadium. But there's a major difference between what Lamar and SEC schools face.

"We're not going to Alabama," Lamar coach Ray Woodard said Monday.

This is true. But the 30,000 or so fans expected Saturday night at Louisiana-Lafayette will be the largest for a Lamar game since before the school brought back football in 2010.

A few hints about starters:

Mossakowski will be the starting quarterback, but "I would be very surprised if (redshirt sophomore Caleb Berry) did not play in the ballgame," Woodard said. ... Sims has been "as good as advertised" at running back, Woodard said, but returning senior DePauldrick Garrett will get the start. ... Two-year starting center Kyle Gillam has been moved to left guard. Ian Kelso will play center.

Link: http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/lamar/article/Lamar-to-prepare-for-loud-crowd-3819105.php?cmpid=twitter

McNeese75
08-27-2012, 09:04 PM
::) Is this serious? I mean crowd noise with 30,000 is an issue? :o I would think 10,000 of those should be LU fans

Mr.KnowItAll
08-28-2012, 07:29 AM
Irony think crowd noise will be that much of an issue but it is nice to be somewhat prepared for it since they havent played in front of more than 200 people all spring and fall. I think this was more of the media there at the press conference pushing it. I don't think he is too worried.

CardAmbassador
08-28-2012, 09:23 AM
Irony think crowd noise will be that much of an issue but it is nice to be somewhat prepared for it since they havent played in front of more than 200 people all spring and fall. I think this was more of the media there at the press conference pushing it. I don't think he is too worried.

Yeah, this is just something for the papers to write a story about, but I do think crowd noise could be more of a factor this year than ever before, I mean all you hear from the players is how complex the offense is, get one word wrong and it might change things entirely.

Still, 30k fans probably isn't going to make it impossible to get plays off, more than anything it will just be more intimidating than practice.

coachacola
08-28-2012, 09:39 AM
Preparing for the crowd is normal preparation, no big deal, but it makes for a good headline.