PDA

View Full Version : Our QB situation

lcard05
09-16-2012, 06:41 AM
Moss, it must have really been bad at Kentucky to come to this. Does everyone realize we were not recruiting a QB as of 3 weeks going into National Signing Day. We ended up with Moss and Bergeron on NSD. We got Barrett later. We only had one of the five we had last year and I see why. How many of these guys stay or transfer?
Here is where they are now.
Moss, running for his life in an offense that does nothing. (What are we running)
Berry, kid has survived 3 OC's and has fought just to be on the team and now our #2 guy.
Barrett, not much of a high school career for he went to a terrible football school.
Bergeron, a spread QB with huge numbers now playing in a pro set offense. Hear he was redshirted and not even getting reps.
Dunkin, a walk on QB/Punter who is not getting reps at either.
If it is anything like last year we better get Dunkin ready, our 5th guy was the only guy we had left last year...Berry.
What about Simms and Kevin Johnson? Are they staying or running out of here?
If we can get these guys to stay can we improve as a team?

Mike
09-16-2012, 06:47 AM
Moss, it must have really been bad at Kentucky to come to this. Does everyone realize we were not recruiting a QB as of 3 weeks going into National Signing Day. We ended up with Moss and Bergeron on NSD. We got Barrett later. We only had one of the five we had last year and I see why. How many of these guys stay or transfer?
Moss, running for his life in an offense that does nothing. (What are we running)
Berry, kid has survived 3 OC's and has fought just to be on the team and now our #2 guy.
Barrett, not much of a high school career for he went to a terrible football school.
Bergeron, a spread QB with huge numbers now playing in a pro set offense. Hear he was redshirted and not even getting reps.
If it is anything like last year we better get Dunkin ready, our 5th guy was the only guy we had left last year...Berry.

Improve the offensive line play and you'll see the entire offense improve. Mossakowski didn't look 'terrible' last week when they had time for plays to develop. Neither did KJ or Sims. Last night the offense barely had time to hand the ball off on running plays much less for passing plays to develop. they'll all look good again the next two weeks versus the competition coming to Beaumont but the question remains, Can they improve their O-line play enough before matching up with the tougher schools in the SLC?? If not we'll see more of the same.

Who Dat?
09-16-2012, 09:49 AM
we recruited the kid from png. ;)

CardAmbassador
09-16-2012, 04:52 PM
I'm not sure I understand the OP.

dirtybird
09-16-2012, 07:10 PM
i saw the kid at PNG play. Not that impressive. Get the QBs we have time to make a play, and they will be ok. When your getting hammerd from all sides, its hard to look good.

cardinal
09-18-2012, 09:29 PM

This has to rank as one of the dumbest posts I've read thus far.

lcard05
09-19-2012, 12:33 PM
OK. Big mouth...What is so dumb about it?
The point was will we have all these guys next year. If you remember we had 4 QB,s coming back and we only have one of these guys on the team now.
Moss...Do you not wonder why a kid as good as he is would leave an SEC school to come to Beaumont to play on a rebuilding program? I have seen the QB's at kentucky right now and Moss is probably better than anything they have.
Berry has been through 3 OC,s. that is just a fact nothing dumb about that.
The other QB's are redshirts so thats true. Whats your point...
Most of the class recruited out of spread programs and we do not run a spread...How do you think thats gonna work out. Those kids are used to getting the ball.That won't change..

Dream Weaver
09-19-2012, 01:58 PM
moss is going to put up some impressive numbers this year. and if he gets hurt berry will step in and do just fine. the 2 qbs from louisiana seemed excited about coming to lamar, we could see a qb battle between them in a few years!