PDA

View Full Version : Time to Chill with The Negitivity!

Austin Card
10-03-2012, 07:56 PM
I understand being upset frustrated and worked up about the progress of this team, everybody is, but we need to start getting a little more positive. If we don't support this team through thick and thin (mostly thin lately) we will never get where we want to be. I'm as guilty as the next person about being down on Coach Woodard and the team, but the bottom line is he is here at least another year so we need to stay supportive of the team.

We must keep filling the seats at PU or we will lose one of our few recruiting advantages. Then we will be back to thinking that 6000 fans at a game is a good thing like they did in the 80's, right before we lost the program. The support that we have for our athletics at Lamar is what separates us from the other SLC schools and is what will get us to the big leagues eventually.

Right now we all need to bear down, ride this out and stick with the program. If they keep losing believe me the coaching will change, but if we stop supporting the team we will get more of the same from the new cut rate hires that 3000 fans per a game affords.

Negativity is a cancer and it is spreading quickly around here especially with some of the new posters on this board. It reminds me of when I attended Lamar, there was no football team and little to no pride. You never ever saw anyone with LU gear on and it was cool to talk smack on your own school. I don't want to go back to those days. I Love Lamar and I hate losing and like I said I am guilty myself of posting some negative comments and doing some venting on here after getting our butts kicked again and again, but it cannot be a consistent theme.

I guess Im just afraid that if we don't stay positive and keep supporting this team we will not make it through this and we will end up like we were before, with 3000 fans at the game, crappy facilities and no pride. This is how it happens, I've seen it.

jettyman
10-04-2012, 05:14 AM
I understand being upset frustrated and worked up about the progress of this team, everybody is, but we need to start getting a little more positive. If we don't support this team through thick and thin (mostly thin lately) we will never get where we want to be. I'm as guilty as the next person about being down on Coach Woodard and the team, but the bottom line is he is here at least another year so we need to stay supportive of the team.

We must keep filling the seats at PU or we will lose one of our few recruiting advantages. Then we will be back to thinking that 6000 fans at a game is a good thing like they did in the 80's, right before we lost the program. The support that we have for our athletics at Lamar is what separates us from the other SLC schools and is what will get us to the big leagues eventually.

Right now we all need to bear down, ride this out and stick with the program. If they keep losing believe me the coaching will change, but if we stop supporting the team we will get more of the same from the new cut rate hires that 3000 fans per a game affords.

Negativity is a cancer and it is spreading quickly around here especially with some of the new posters on this board. It reminds me of when I attended Lamar, there was no football team and little to no pride. You never ever saw anyone with LU gear on and it was cool to talk smack on your own school. I don't want to go back to those days. I Love Lamar and I hate losing and like I said I am guilty myself of posting some negative comments and doing some venting on here after getting our butts kicked again and again, but it cannot be a consistent theme.

I guess Im just afraid that if we don't stay positive and keep supporting this team we will not make it through this and we will end up like we were before, with 3000 fans at the game, crappy facilities and no pride. This is how it happens, I've seen it.

Amen and thank you for your post. I know for a fact, that bitching, griping and mudslinging or not effective tools to help any situation. I have no problem with folks blogging insight about techniques and schemes but publically calling out 18-21 year old men, which by the way, are leaving their hearts on the field, unacceptable. After the last home game I chatted with several O lineman and most them said they would probably be blamed for the loss on Big Red Insider. Also, I recall one poster comparing one players arms to strings. I know this kid personally and he is fully aware of his physical build and he is working above and beyond to rectify the situation. Not that it makes a difference but if the mudsliging continues I will delete my account. I enjoy reading intelligent blogs but the kid stuff I can do without. I know my wife and I are doing everything in our means to support this program (future and past) and we need all of you to do the same or the stadium will be a ghost town like it was 5 years ago.

kpoorman
10-04-2012, 11:41 AM
Thank you Austin Card and Jettyman for these posts - As a mom of a current player i appreciate you speaking out against all the recent Negitivity about OUR Football Team and the Coaches. I have not missed a game (well ok - i didnt go to North Dakota) since this new progam started and I witness these young men's emotions after every game and They do Leave their Hearts on the Field - Win or Lose!
Although i appreciate that this is a forum for you all to voice your opinions, cares and concerns, it is also a place for people to come and read and feel the Attitude in the area. I have seen a few really nice post about my son and i would love for him to be able to log on and see what people are saying but i have told him this week NOT to come here because of all the negativity. These young men are doing what they LOVE to do and the Words and Attitude in the recent posts affect them - In a big way!
Yes, I am being a mom - SO let's get out and SUPPORT our Team, Fill up the Stands and Get Our L's UP!!!

QB 22
10-04-2012, 02:13 PM
Having played I found that the only way to stop negativity was to show progress. Yes the critics will be there even if you are winning because they will say you are not winning by enough points. I hope your sons have an enjoyable time at lu but I believe this job is still one coach away. Hope for injury free years and many more wins!! Peace out