PDA

View Full Version : Cardinal Walk of Honor - Brick by Brick Campaign - Investing in the Future

LUSportsFan
02-06-2013, 02:09 PM
I received a mailer from the Lamar Office of University Advancement today about a new opportunity to help improve the future of Lamar University. The opportunity is to "purchase" a brick or bricks which will be engraved and then laid as part of the the Cardinal Walk of Honor. The Cardinal Walk of Honor will be located in the Lamar quadrangle.

One of the quotes in the brochure was

"...A brick campaign gives everyone the opportunity to participate in a historic endeavor to improve the future of Lamar University..."

Looks like an interesting campaign and an opportunity for more of us to participate in the Investing in the Future campaign. Here's a link to the program for anyone who is interested.

http://advancement.lamar.edu/bricks

As a side note, the link shows the Investing in the Future campaign total is now at $102,095,373.

BigNasty92
02-06-2013, 04:08 PM
I got the mailer, too, yesterday. I am looking forward to purchasing a brick.

CardAmbassador
03-01-2013, 10:59 AM
neat, I remember hearing about this idea several years ago from our coordinator of University Advancement. They were doing something similar at her alma mater ULL.

LUSportsFan
08-01-2013, 10:31 AM
I saw in the Alumni Updates email I received this morning that the deadline for ordering bricks is August 15.

I think the Brick by Brick campaign is a great way to open up the Investing in the Future campaign to many more people. Ordering is a very easy process.