PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to Big Red Insider

Mike
05-21-2010, 01:40 PM
You've found the new place to discuss Lamar University Athletics. We plan on doing some great things with the university and specifically Coach Woodard and the football program throughout the season.

The kinks will need to be worked out but after being asked by multiple folks to allow registration we've gone ahead and opened it up. If you run into any issues please contact us at any of the contact email addresses on the main menu.

Dont forget to visit our parent site www.texassportsinsider.com to get and discuss other sports news around the state of Texas.

Thanks for visiting,

BRI Staff

TexasTerror
05-21-2010, 07:22 PM
Glad to be here!

Thanks for having an open forum in which a SHSU fan like myself can participate. All the Southland Conference fan boards are open, but the other Lamar board does not allow me to post and be an active contributor.

I plan on being an active contributor here!

AggiesAreWe
05-21-2010, 10:37 PM
TexasTerror wrote:

Glad to be here!

Thanks for having an open forum in which a SHSU fan like myself can participate. All the Southland Conference fan boards are open, but the other Lamar board does not allow me to post and be an active contributor.

I plan on being an active contributor here!

:lol:

TexasTerror
05-22-2010, 07:29 AM
Before last night, I was able to still read that other forum.

Now I've received an outright ban from even reading the forum. I guess the moderators would prefer to take their shots at me without allowing me the chance to read/respond elsewhere.

Whatever individual(s) represent the moderating on that board are obviously absolutely clueless on what message boards represent and what they can be.

coachacola
05-22-2010, 03:03 PM
Welcome Terror. Hopefully this forum will be more open and tolerant. There's nothing wrong with a little criticism and smack. I plan on posting here a lot more.

Mike
05-22-2010, 03:39 PM
coachacola wrote:

Welcome Terror. Hopefully this forum will be more open and tolerant. There's nothing wrong with a little criticism and smack. I plan on posting here a lot more.

trust me, this sites internet forums will be run nothing like on the other site.

We've got some great things lined up for the upcoming football season with James Ware and Coach Woodard but we need to get the membership base up first.

Thanks for visiting and hope you and others do continue to post.

AggiesAreWe
05-23-2010, 09:49 AM
TexasTerror wrote:

Before last night, I was able to still read that other forum.

Now I've received an outright ban from even reading the forum. I guess the moderators would prefer to take their shots at me without allowing me the chance to read/respond elsewhere.

Whatever individual(s) represent the moderating on that board are obviously absolutely clueless on what message boards represent and what they can be.

I believe SETXsports is doing just fine based on the numbers they have. You must have broken some rules for you to be banned. ;)

bigred360
05-23-2010, 09:56 AM
Can't answer about setxsports.com banning TexasTerror or rule he broke but I'm glad he is able to post here. Don't agree with most of his post but at least there is some debate which makes it fun.

TexasTerror
05-23-2010, 06:57 PM
AggiesAreWe wrote:

I believe SETXsports is doing just fine based on the numbers they have. You must have broken some rules for you to be banned. ;)

Hard to believe I broke some rules, considering I was reading fine (though not able to post). Then, my reading privileges got taken away. Hard to break rules when not even given a chance!

The funny thing is that several SETX members messaged me saying moderators, admins they talked to did not know why I was banned or at the very least, were not taking the responsibility for it.

This board will benefit from the information that I come to provide. It's not like SETX was open to non-Lamar posters to begin with and in that, were truly not the most informed bunch of posters in the SLC.

TexasTerror
05-23-2010, 06:58 PM
Question for Admin...

How do I make it where I am not subscribing to posts? I don't want the e-mails, trust me - I'll come and check this board out!

coachacola
05-23-2010, 06:59 PM
TexasTerror wrote:

Question for Admin...

How do I make it where I am not subscribing to posts? I don't want the e-mails, trust me - I'll come and check this board out!

Same thing just happened to me.

Mike
05-23-2010, 07:11 PM
coachacola wrote:

TexasTerror wrote:

Question for Admin...

Same thing just happened to me.

I just noticed it was doing that. Ill check it out cause I recieved a bunch of emails as well.

Save Your Salad
05-24-2010, 08:22 AM
thanks for this. I love the Texas Sports site and will continue to monitor both.

lu cards
05-24-2010, 09:39 AM
we needed a lamar only website for years.glad someone stepped up and made it happen.

LU Cardinal
05-25-2010, 05:53 AM
Its been a long time since I have been excited about anything Lamar related. Thanks for creating this site and hope both (LU Athletic Program and this site) have alot of success beginning now. :woohoo:

Mr.KnowItAll
06-06-2010, 10:24 AM
Admin, you say you have a bunch of great stuff planned... Can you clue us in on what this is?

Scott402v
06-06-2010, 12:57 PM
I think it would be cool to get some interviews with some of the players and coaches.

CardAmbassador
06-06-2010, 06:03 PM
I agree, interviews would be nice.

There needs to be promotion of the Football program. Maybe we could all stage something to promote Lamar Football and get coach Woodard Involved.

CardinalClaw
06-06-2010, 09:42 PM
I agree that would be nice!!! You got any ideas?

CardAmbassador
06-07-2010, 06:33 PM
Maybe some weekend event like a BarBQue or a Carwash and we get some of the coaches fans an players out there to meet the community?

CardAmbassador
07-22-2010, 12:24 PM
admin wrote:

You've found the new place to discuss Lamar University Athletics. We plan on doing some great things with the university and specifically Coach Woodard and the football program throughout the season.

Can you tell us what these things will be? I'm trying very hard to keep this forum going into football season, I know once the season starts this place will be packed as long as we have a couple of regular posters to spur conversation.

Are you guys going to be set up at the games? That would do wonders for this site, I'm sure you know that.

CardAmbassador
05-30-2011, 05:24 PM
Just letting everybody know that this is the place for New members to say hello.

So if you are new or have been reading for a while and never posted, this is a good place to start.

CardAmbassador
06-03-2011, 08:14 PM
If your new check out these two stories that our Admin did.

They're great:

http://www.bigredinsider.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=306&catid=1

http://bigredinsider.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=333&catid=1

CardinalClaw
07-05-2011, 09:18 PM
I had a question an didn't want to start another thread but does anyone know if any of the coach's at Lamar have twitter accounts?

CardAmbassador
08-14-2011, 09:42 PM
Welcome to all new members!

I love some of the names I'm seeing:

HouseOfCards (creative and catchy)
David PeckEm (I laughed out loud when I saw this name)
Tidwell4President (pretty funny stuff as well)

Don't be afraid to post! Posting is what makes message boards fun!

Go Cards!