PDA

View Full Version : Welcome To Big Red Insider: New Members

CardAmbassador
03-16-2011, 12:44 PM
It seems as though in the past month we have had alot of new people register accounts on this site but I haven't seen alot people actually post.

Let me just say to all:
Welcome to BRI and if you have any questions about Lamar athletics there are quite a few knowledgable people over here that would be more than happy to start up a discussion.

In the mean time, thanks for joining and have fun.

bigred360
03-16-2011, 12:52 PM
BTW a couple of former LU basketball players.

CardAmbassador
03-17-2011, 09:26 PM
Bump,

I know there are some people out there wanting to make their first post. This is a great place to start, we're actually pretty nice people believe it or not. :laugh:

AVItom
03-18-2011, 07:36 PM
What's sad is the reason no one will post over here is because of the fear of being banished from the other site. Ridiculous if you ask me.

AVItom
03-18-2011, 07:37 PM
I think they have proven now that you do not have to do anything specific but just participate on this site and you will be banned. Its a shame that they have the ability to hold that over these peoples head and use that to keep them from participating with any other site.

CardAmbassador
03-18-2011, 07:38 PM
AVItom wrote:

What's sad is the reason no one will post over here is because of the fear of being banished from the other site. Ridiculous if you ask me.

I can tell from the traffic report that we have tons of daily visitors and plenty of members with 0 post to their name. I'm just trying to help them get started over here because this site just gets better every day.

bigred360
03-18-2011, 07:50 PM
We (CA and me) have to get over the banning at the other site and just be professional here and people will start posting. What others say about me doesn't change who I am.

Let's just focus on this site and I promise you it will start growing.

Yes, people probably are afraid of getting banned that at regulars over there but those that aren't need me to be professional and get informed information that one of us get's as we all have contacts at Lamar.

Everything is going to be fine!!!

BigRed2378
03-18-2011, 09:50 PM
Hey guys!! I just wanted to say that this is an awesome site! Keep the info coming!! Btw, you can now scratch my name off the "0" post club. :)

PNG1992
03-18-2011, 09:53 PM
BigRed2378 wrote:

Hey guys!! I just wanted to say that this is an awesome site! Keep the info coming!! Btw, you can now scratch my name off the "0" post club. :)

I've noticed you've been logged in, thanks for joining and finally posting. :)

BigRed2378
03-18-2011, 10:01 PM
I am not scared of being banned from setx. I have been a member over there since it started up and probably have around 10 posts. I just like to read about what's going on that's all. When I have something to say, I say it

Mike
03-18-2011, 10:04 PM
BigRed2378 wrote:

I am not scared of being banned from setx. I have been a member over there since it started up and probably have around 10 posts. I just like to read about what's going on that's all. When I have something to say, I say it

I wouldn't worry about that. I think that stuff is overblown. Glad to see you post.

BigRed2378
03-18-2011, 10:10 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys! I really do like the way this site is being ran and feel very comfortable posting and reading over here. :laugh:

AVItom
03-19-2011, 05:11 AM
Welcome aboard bigred!

Thanks for posting

bigredfan2
03-20-2011, 11:24 PM
Some how I missed seeing this thread and found it tonight.

I would like to welcome the new members also. I feel new too, but I guess all of us are new. The site is fairly new. I don't post much, but I do read and have gone to other fan-sites in the SL and found that this and the other forum are by far better than them.

Although there is some overlap with the two Lamar forums there is enough difference to make the sites great. I would like to see the bash talk, one up and controversy stopped. It does no good.

The activity on both sites are very good when you consider that some of the none sports forums are dead because of Facebook.

Again, welcome to the new members.

AVItom
03-21-2011, 02:31 PM
Thanks for the post. Very appreciated and respected.

As far as I am concerned it is over.

CardAmbassador
03-21-2011, 04:23 PM
bigredfan2 wrote:

Some how I missed seeing this thread and found it tonight.

I would like to welcome the new members also. I feel new too, but I guess all of us are new. The site is fairly new. I don't post much, but I do read and have gone to other fan-sites in the SL and found that this and the other forum are by far better than them.

Although there is some overlap with the two Lamar forums there is enough difference to make the sites great. I would like to see the bash talk, one up and controversy stopped. It does no good.

The activity on both sites are very good when you consider that some of the none sports forums are dead because of Facebook.

Again, welcome to the new members.

I agree, I think this all behind us. I'm fine with just keeping on what I have been doing all along: trying to make this the best place for Lamar friends and fans.

REDzone
03-22-2011, 07:26 PM
Have no fear people the REDzone is here and I have no fear of posting. Consider this 1 of many!!

CardAmbassador
03-22-2011, 07:54 PM
REDzone wrote:

Have no fear people the REDzone is here and I have no fear of posting. Consider this 1 of many!!

Good to have another regular here. Are you a student or alum RED?

REDzone
03-22-2011, 08:05 PM
actually neither I'm just a fan of Lamar sports

CardAmbassador
03-22-2011, 08:15 PM
That's great. Well welcome aboard. There should be some interesting discussion here in the coming weeks as we find out about the future of the Men's Basketball position.

REDzone
03-22-2011, 08:36 PM
I have been very impressed with Cross and hope he gets a shot. I think with the attention of the WAC they can draw some big names but that usually means big money and there is usually a good reason they are looking for a job. I say take a chance, what have they got to lose at this point. Look at his history, either Cross has some good recruiting contacts or he has a good eye for un recruited talent! JMO

PNG1992
03-22-2011, 08:48 PM
Thanks for joining REDzone.

CardAmbassador
03-22-2011, 08:52 PM
REDzone wrote:

I have been very impressed with Cross and hope he gets a shot. I think with the attention of the WAC they can draw some big names but that usually means big money and there is usually a good reason they are looking for a job. I say take a chance, what have they got to lose at this point. Look at his history, either Cross has some good recruiting contacts or he has a good eye for un recruited talent! JMO

He might just be one hell of a general on the basketball floor (good x's and o's).

Or maybe he is both , great coach and recruiter.

CardAmbassador
03-22-2011, 08:52 PM
REDzone wrote:

He might just be one hell of a general on the basketball floor (good x's and o's).

Or maybe he is both , great coach and recruiter.

lamargrad94
03-23-2011, 07:32 AM
Thanks for giving Lamar graduates/fans a place to call home.

CardAmbassador
05-10-2011, 04:22 PM
Just thought I would bump this thread for all the new members.

WELCOME!

LU1991
05-10-2011, 04:51 PM
This message board has obviously grown in the past few months. Kudos to the moderator.

NorthoftheBorder
05-10-2011, 05:25 PM

In my opinion this site has surpassed the other sight (and should have since its only focus is LU) in Lamar information and that is a good thing and to be applauded. However, I have not experienced any issues with SETXSPORTS and I have been a regular for over 4 years with over a 1,000 posts. It is a good site that has always been more HS sports, especially football, than Lamar. But they are to be applauded as well for providing a forum for LU fans to communicate and exchange information. I do not know anyone over there personally, and have had a few terse exchanges with folks but that stemmed from HS rivalry, where things are probably the most heated.

bigred360
05-10-2011, 05:42 PM
Glad to have you here North and agree they do a great job with their site and this site is growing daily. I believe we are the best site for information about Lamar University both with athletics and academics.

SE Texas is big enough for both sites to prosper.

coachacola
05-10-2011, 06:22 PM
Glad to have you here North and agree they do a great job with their site and this site is growing daily. I believe we are the best site for information about Lamar University both with athletics and academics.

SE Texas is big enough for both sites to prosper.

I couldn't agree more.

Mahler
05-10-2011, 06:42 PM
I'm new here and glad I found this forum. I will probably not have much to add but am glad to find a place with good and reliable information about Lamar. Keep up the good work!!!

CardAmbassador
05-10-2011, 06:43 PM
I'm new here and glad I found this forum. I will probably not have much to add but am glad to find a place with good and reliable information about Lamar. Keep up the good work!!!

NICE profile Pic!

AVItom
05-13-2011, 10:19 AM

In my opinion this site has surpassed the other sight (and should have since its only focus is LU) in Lamar information and that is a good thing and to be applauded. However, I have not experienced any issues with SETXSPORTS and I have been a regular for over 4 years with over a 1,000 posts. It is a good site that has always been more HS sports, especially football, than Lamar. But they are to be applauded as well for providing a forum for LU fans to communicate and exchange information. I do not know anyone over there personally, and have had a few terse exchanges with folks but that stemmed from HS rivalry, where things are probably the most heated.

I agree with you 100% on just about everything you said North. This site has surpassed them on LU topics, they need to be applauded for work they have done and provided in HS sports, and there is room for both sites in the area. However, the only reason you can post over here now and not get any feedback from them is because BRI has grown to where they cant compete anymore. When this site first started members where being harassed for simply participating in this site. I know this for a fact!

They can not stand BRI or any other local message board being in the area no matter what the topic of discussion is. They will harass anyone who attempts to start one and will harass any of its own members that participate. They will not rest until it is shut down or it takes off. Want proof? You said they need to be commended for their Lamar Forum also? BS! I know they have always had it up but go back and look when they really started pushing it. Go take a look at when the admins (I am sure I don't need to name them) started showing the most interest in the LU forum over there and started trying to push it! You will probably find it is about the same time BRI kicked off.

They have a good group of members and for the most part a good group of moderators. The admins however are selfish and arrogant!

PNG1992
05-13-2011, 12:04 PM

I agree with you 100% on just about everything you said North. This site has surpassed them on LU topics, they need to be applauded for work they have done and provided in HS sports, and there is room for both sites in the area. However, the only reason you can post over here now and not get any feedback from them is because BRI has grown to where they cant compete anymore. When this site first started members where being harassed for simply participating in this site. I know this for a fact!

They can not stand BRI or any other local message board being in the area no matter what the topic of discussion is. They will harass anyone who attempts to start one and will harass any of its own members that participate. They will not rest until it is shut down or it takes off. Want proof? You said they need to be commended to their Lamar Forum also? BS! I know they have always had it up but go back and look when they really started pushing it. Go take a look at when the admins (I am sure I don't need to name them) started showing the most interest in the LU forum over there and started trying to push it! You will probably find it is about the same time BRI kicked off.

They have a good group of members and for the most part a good group of moderators. The admins however are selfish and arrogant!

I won't disagree with you but will say at least it's calmed down now, and hopefully for good.

CardAmbassador
05-13-2011, 03:10 PM
It's over, lets just forget about it. Neither site is going any where but up.

On topic:
There are still tons of new members who haven't posted.

AVItom
05-16-2011, 11:15 AM
I agree. It seems to be over so far. I was just responding to where he quoted me.

AggiesAreWe
05-16-2011, 01:34 PM

They can not stand BRI or any other local message board being in the area no matter what the topic of discussion is. They will harass anyone who attempts to start one and will harass any of its own members that participate. They will not rest until it is shut down or it takes off. Want proof? You said they need to be commended for their Lamar Forum also? BS! I know they have always had it up but go back and look when they really started pushing it. Go take a look at when the admins (I am sure I don't need to name them) started showing the most interest in the LU forum over there and started trying to push it! You will probably find it is about the same time BRI kicked off.

:whistle:

Never had a problem with this site. Just had a problem with posting links to this site on ours without asking and for allowing the bashing of SETXsports and it's staff on the public forums here. That was never done over at SETXsports.

Lamar should have it's own messageboard.

As for me personally, I have been posting on the Lamar forum at SETXsports long before this site ever came along. My interest level has never changed.

Avitom, you just seem to be a very bitter person and can't seem to get by your transgressions.

As far as it being over, as long as you and others make defaming posts about SETXsports and it's staff, I'll always defend.

Like I said, I am cool with the site, no problems on this end.

AggiesAreWe
05-16-2011, 08:24 PM

We'll try this again.

Like I stated previously(don't know why it was deleted)I have no problem with this site and Lamar should have it's own messageboard. The problem I and other staff members of SETXsports had was with some of the folks here posting links to this site at SETXsports without permission to do so and making posts here in the open forums bashing SETXsports and it's staff members. As long as that is being done, I will defend.

My personal interest for Lamar has not changed. I was posting on the Lamar Forum at SETXsports long before this site came along. Nothing has changed.

I am cool with this site, no problem with me. But as far as it being over, as long as I see posts like the one I have quoted from Avitom, I will come to defend.

bigred360
05-16-2011, 08:40 PM
I changed my mind. I'm not going to delete this message. You can defend your site and members but let's keep it professional by both parties.

SETXsports is a great site for everything sports in this area and I believe this site is great for everything Lamar University related.

Like I said before, this area is big enough for both sites to prosper!