PDA

View Full Version : What the HELL is wrong with people?

eagle eye
08-08-2013, 05:17 AM
I am starting this thread for people to post ridiculous behavior by people in the sports world. Stuff that you just look at it and wonder, "what could that person have been thinking?"

I'll kick it off with the Johnny Manziel story. No, I'm not talking about Manziel here, I'm talking about the sorry individual that is profiting from Manziel's autograph by selling autographed memorabilia on ebay and then turns around and outs him in the media for violating NCAA rules about capitalizing on his football fame. Now the floodgates are opening and slugs all over the country are trying to get their 15 minutes of fame by outing other college athletes for the same thing. These smarmy little parasites make me sick. Much like the sleezebag who posted a picture of Michael Phelps taking a hit off a bong at a college party, I have no respect for people who do other people wrong out of spite.

BigNasty92
08-08-2013, 10:15 AM
I am starting this thread for people to post ridiculous behavior by people in the sports world. Stuff that you just look at it and wonder, "what could that person have been thinking?"

I'll kick it off with the Johnny Manziel story. No, I'm not talking about Manziel here, I'm talking about the sorry individual that is profiting from Manziel's autograph by selling autographed memorabilia on ebay and then turns around and outs him in the media for violating NCAA rules about capitalizing on his football fame. Now the floodgates are opening and slugs all over the country are trying to get their 15 minutes of fame by outing other college athletes for the same thing. These smarmy little parasites make me sick. Much like the sleezebag who posted a picture of Michael Phelps taking a hit off a bong at a college party, I have no respect for people who do other people wrong out of spite.

Totally agree. Unfortunately, it's just the society that we live in these days. It's disgusting.

KABrother88
08-08-2013, 11:33 AM
The NCAA is about as corrupt and disfunction as it gets. They are too inconsistent with penalties and sanctions and all they are worried about is the money. Example...when Ohio State players were caught selling memorabilia...initially I said they have to be suspended...and they were...however they were allowed to play in the Sugar Bowl and suspension wouldn't take effect until the next season. Mark my words...If Manziel is suspended it will be 2 games and he will be at Kyle Field September 14th to play Bama.

Big T
08-08-2013, 12:28 PM
But in the videos of Jonny Football signing the helmets not once does he take money. Did he take money for signing them? Probably, but here is no proof. He will not get suspended for this and hopefully his almost getting caught will make him wise up a bit and realize that with one action he could throw away this amazing opportunity that he has.

eagle eye
08-08-2013, 01:55 PM
There's no doubt Manziel deserves his place in this thread. He may only be 20 years old but he apparently doesn't give a hang about rules. Big T's right though. There is no proof of these allegations that he took money. I could be the sleezeball I mentioned was told by Manziel he wasn't signing any more items without being paid with the inference that he hadn't been paid before and the guy was pissed at Manziel (his cash cow) and paid him back for cutting him off by making up the story. Manziel has had too many bonehead moves over the past 8 months or so to exempt him from his spot in this thread.

Who would deserve spot in this thread more. A-Rod for continually cheating with PED's or the Yankees who still owe him over $110mm? What do you bet there are exemption clauses in future MLB contracts for morals or drug and PED violations?

Big T
08-08-2013, 05:15 PM
The only way to stop the use of PEDs is to give the teams the option to terminate a contract, a 162 game ban for the first offense and a lifetime ban for the second offense.

But even worse than A-Rod is that ankle biting snake Ryan Braun. That POS made another mans life hell because he got caught cheating and didn't want to face the consequences. Then when he got caught the second time he wouldn't even admit to it saying that he realized "now" that he had made some mistakes. What an absolute douchbag.

eagle eye
08-16-2013, 11:39 AM
What is wrong with A-Rod? Is he so delusional that he thinks he can do anything? All this past week on Mike and Mike they talked about him going to see a guy about more supplements with Bill Romanowski who has his own supplements business. Romanowski was a notorious steroid user and now A-Rod is hanging with the guy who swears his stuff is legal and safe. If I'm A-Rod I stay as far away as possible any controversy regarding PEDs with an appeal for a 211 game suspension coming up soon. Maybe all the money he's made during the course of his career really does make him bullet proof but if he wants to continue to play ball wouldn't you think he'd walk the straight and narrow?

Big T
08-16-2013, 01:22 PM
One side of me wants to see this POS banned for life. The other, Yankee hating, side of me wants to see the Yankees have to pay him all of that money. I mean what's worse than the thought of the Yankees freeing up 200 million dollars to spend on the FA market?! Either way it's kind of a win win situation.

eagle eye
08-19-2013, 09:05 AM
There didn't seem to be any way to make Alex Rodriguez a hero but Boston's Ryan Dempster was able to do just that last night. Coming up in the 2nd inning A-Rod had to dodge 3 pitches before being hit by the 4th. I was such an aggregious act of spike by Dempster that a guy noted for not using curse words would have caused a dock worker to blush with the explitives he spewed in the post game press conference. And then to add insult to injury A-Rod hits a home run off Dempster to lead off the sixth. This is the ultimate payback for a player, to make a pitcher pay for being a tool by jacking one out off him. This started a rally that saw the Yankees coming back and beat the Bosox 9-6. A-Rod went 3-4 with 2 RBI's and a homer. Dempster for his part denies hitting Rodriguez on purpose but most looking at the game felt Dempster was head hunting. So the question begs, what the hell was Dempster thinking?

BigNasty92
08-19-2013, 09:39 AM
There didn't seem to be any way to make Alex Rodriguez a hero but Boston's Ryan Dempster was able to do just that last night. Coming up in the 2nd inning A-Rod had to dodge 3 pitches before being hit by the 4th. I was such an aggregious act of spike by Dempster that a guy noted for not using curse words would have caused a dock worker to blush with the explitives he spewed in the post game press conference. And then to add insult to injury A-Rod hits a home run off Dempster to lead off the sixth. This is the ultimate payback for a player, to make a pitcher pay for being a tool by jacking one out off him. This started a rally that saw the Yankees coming back and beat the Bosox 9-6. A-Rod went 3-4 with 2 RBI's and a homer. Dempster for his part denies hitting Rodriguez on purpose but most looking at the game felt Dempster was head hunting. So the question begs, what the hell was Dempster thinking?

Personally..I like the idea that he threw at A-Rod and there's no doubt that it was intentional..but the canned response "Well...the ball just got away from me.." is to be expected. Bean balls are a part of the game. A-Rod did get the last laugh...but when's the last time A-Rod came through when it mattered? I'm Dempster sure he figured that at bat wouldn't be anything different..

I hate A-Rod (love the Yankees..HATE him). To me it just proves that he's as selfish as they come and that he only came thru because it was about him.

Big T
08-19-2013, 12:44 PM
Agreed. Every pitcher in MLB should be head hunting when he comes up to the plate. He has helped ruined the integrity of baseball and I also feel the same way about the rest who have been proven guilty of using PEDs. Ryan Braun is still the worse offender in baseball right now though.

eagle eye
08-19-2013, 06:52 PM
For those of you who hate A-Rod and Ryan Braun what are your feelings about the original steroid abusers/cheaters. Guys like Mark McGwire, Sammy Sosa, Jose Canseco, and latter day users like Jason Giambi, Barry Bonds, Juan Gonzalez, Raphael Palmero and Mike Piazza? Why the vitriol over 2 players when for over 25 years players have been abusing PEDs. Is it a Yankees thing? Is it because A-Rod has made so much money? Is it because A-Rod screwed over the Rangers? Is Braun the villain because he lied a la Lance Armstrong? Why focus on these two players so much when each and every one on the list in the link below LIED about doing PEDs? Why are these two guys the Darth Sidius and Darth Vader of the PED scandal in baseball?

http://www.baseballssteroidera.com/bse-list-steroid-hgh-users-baseball.html

eagle eye
08-19-2013, 07:42 PM
Leave it to the NCAA to screw everything up. As reported on Mike and Mike this morning a young man who went to serve in the military right out of high school is being denied eligibility for football this fall because he played recreational tackle football in the military. After serving his 5 years of active duty in the US Marine Corp Steven Rhodes wanted to attend Middle Tennessee State and play football. The NCAA ruled that Rhodes was ineligible because he played "organized" football in the marines. The NCAA actually said he would be ineligible for the this season but he could play after sitting out a year and maintain is four years of eligibility. Still, a real nice "thanks for serving your country" to declare him out for 2013.
Well, after a media outcry, starting with Mike and Mike this morning I'll bet, the NCAA came back this afternoon and declare Rhodes eligible for the fall season. Unbelieveable. At least they finally got it right. A more detailed story in the link below from ESPN.com.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9582824/ncaa-rules-marine-steven-rhodes-play-immediately-middle-tennessee-blue-raiders

boomer
08-20-2013, 06:32 AM
Only the NCAA would let the out cry of media force them to do the right thing in the first place. SMH

eagle eye
08-21-2013, 01:33 PM
MLB has declared open season on A-Rod! In their infinite wisdom they came down like a feather on Boston pitcher Ryan Dempster by giving him a non suspension suspension. Oh yeah, on paper they gave him a 5 game suspension but they way it works out Boston can manipulate their rotation and Dempster won't miss a single start. On on-field infractions MLB by agreement with the union can't fine a player so Dempster got a big ole "shame on you!" from MLB with no other consequences. Unbelievable. IMO if a starting pitcher is due a suspension of 5 games then he should miss his next 5 starts. Relievers can't be handled that way but closers can. They will be unavailable for their next 5 save opportunities. To me, this means MLB is, in effect, endorsing anyone who wants to throw at A-Rod. Why make a show of doling out punishment when it means absolutely nothing? Whether you like pitchers throwing at A-Rod or not doesn't make any difference. If you hand out punishment it should mean something and getting hit with a baseball not only hurts like hell, it dangerous. Shame on MLB for this limp crap.

eagle eye
10-09-2013, 10:37 AM
The more I thought about this the more I needed to post it in this thread. It is in reference to the story of so-called fans who went to Matt Schaub's home to berate him for his recent play and another fan who took pictures of his family and posted them on facebook. This is a truly heinous thing and the perpetrators should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. I agree with Mike Golic from Mike and Mike on ESPN. Here's a link to the story on ESPN.com. Stick around after the Ed Werder report because the second video is Mike and Mike with Mike Golic going off on this subject and I agree with everything he said and then some.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9795996/nfl-eyes-fan-incident-home-matt-schaub-houston-texans

eagle eye
10-09-2013, 10:48 AM
Here's another one. Jon Sandusky, son of convicted child sex offender Jerry Sandusky, was arrested in Fargo North Dakota for suspision of drunken driving. Sandusky is the Director of Player Personnel for the Cleveland Browns for the past 4 years and previous to that was in the personnel department for the Philadelphia Eagles for 9 years. Maybe the pressure of being the son of a child molester has driven him to drink. Maybe he is just a drunk in his own right. Or maybe the guy just had a coupld of drinks and got caugh driving and nothing more. When you're an executive in a high profile industry you just don't screw up like this. Especially when your family has enough black eyes to live down. This is something that could cost Sandusky his job. What the hell was he thinking?