PDA

View Full Version : Rank the NFC East after Week 1

Mike
09-09-2013, 09:27 PM
1. Eagles- offense offense offense, but defense played well early vs Redskins. Was RG3 just rusty or were they that good??

2. Cowboys- Looked better defensively but Kiffen couldnt stop Chips offense while at USC, will he be able to in Dallas?

3. Giants- Gave the game away vs Dallas with turnovers. Need a more reliable RB.

4. Redskins- Started slow but wasn't impressed. will prolly move up as the year goes cause they were better than they looked tonight....at least I think they were.

eagle eye
09-11-2013, 09:29 AM
The NFC east will be a tough division this year. I think the Redskins were at a disadvantage of not having film to work from in real game situations. The coaching in the NFL is so good the d-coordintators around the league will find a way to stop Philly. The fact is Philly is so good in this offense because of Vick, McCoy and Jackson. The offense will change dramatically if one or more of Philly's triplets goes down to injury. Truth be told, Michael Vick won't last 16 games. He doesn't slide and he doesn't get out of bound quickly enough to protect himself. He was limping at the end of the game Monday night. The fact is though, if they stay healthy look out. The Eagles ran 53 offensive snaps in the first half and they were consistantly getting the ball snapped with 20-30 seconds left on the 40 second clock. The whole thing breaks down if a defense is able to get some 3-and-outs and the Eagles D gives up points.

The Giants have issues involving injuries. They will get better but their run game is so-so because of David Wilson's fumbling issues. It looks like Brandon Jacobs is coming back but who knows what he has left. The biggest issue is the Giants O-line. They have been hammered by injuries and while Dallas only sacked Eli twice they did put pressure on him all game except for a couple of plays.

The Redskins are healthy for the most part and even though they looked like crap in the first half that wasn't the real Redskins. It's quite possible that Philly would have won 66-7 if they hadn't taken their foot off the offensive gas. LeSean McCoy went hog wild running but as a fantasy owner of Michael Vick and DeSean Jackson I was pissed when they throttled the O back in the second half. It cost me big time. Washington is better than what they showed vs Philly and I expect them to show it as time goes by and RGIII finishes chipping off the rust of no off season work.

Dallas is good offensively. They have been for several years but their defense hasn't been able to pull their share of the load. They broke through on Sunday night in a situation that has seen them fall apart in the past. Just last season Dallas led by 15 with only 7 and 1/2 minutes left in the game and they lost. It was almost the same senario on Sunday night but Dallas hung in and beat the Giants. I don't buy into the notion that Dallas should have beaten the Giants by more because of the six turnovers. Dallas scored 17 points on 3 of the turnovers and were going to get at least three more on a fourth when Terrance Williams zagged when he should have zigged resulting in pass interception that was heroically saved from a pick six by the hustle of DeMarco Murray. That was the play of the game IMO. That four point swing caused by Murray's TD saving tackle and a great stand by the defense was huge and kept the momentum on Dallas' side of the field. My point is Dallas defense is showing something special. Through the preseason and in the game vs the Giants nobody can run on Dallas D. The DB's still give up too many big plays and that's a concern but Dallas 4-3 Tampa 2 is a darn site better than any 3-4 Dallas has fielded the last 7 seven years.

That said, here's my prediction. There is not a clear cut winner here. It's going to be a tough battle the whole year.

1. Dallas
2. Philadelphia
3. Washington
4. Giants

LAZEEK
09-11-2013, 10:01 PM
1. Phily 8)
2. Dallas >:(
3. New York ???
4. Washington :-X