PDA

View Full Version : Report: UT AD Dodds stepping down at end of year

Mike
09-13-2013, 02:32 PM
Reported by multiple UT sites that its done. He'll remain at the University in a diminished role but wont be the athletic director. Rumored to be the top candidate to replace Dodds is former Stanford AD Bob Bowlsby who hired Jim Harbaugh and David Shaw. Bowlsby is currently the Big 12 commissioner.

Interesting offseason on the way at UT.

boomer
09-13-2013, 07:58 PM
I was reading on Bleacher Report that UT called orangebloods.com out on this report saying it was complete fabrication. thank goodness we have this to pull us away from a horrible football season.

Mike
09-13-2013, 08:37 PM
I was reading on Bleacher Report that UT called orangebloods.com out on this report saying it was complete fabrication. thank goodness we have this to pull us away from a horrible football season.

We'll see. I'm betting on it being true and the brass at UT just being pissed it wasnt released on their terms. DeLoss/Mack/Augie/Rick all need to go.

boomer
09-14-2013, 12:59 PM
I agree I think a major shake up would be great. Mack Brown might not get enough credit as a recruiter but gets way to much as a coach.

eagle eye
09-14-2013, 09:24 PM
thump-thump, thump-thump. That's the sound of UT faithful throwing Mack Brown under the bus. I guess a guy who has coached the 'Horns to a national championship and very well could have won another had his quarterback not gotten injured on the first Longhorn series of the game.

Over the last few years Mack Brown has lost a bunch of his staff to promotions to their own positions most recently DC Will Muschamp went to be the head coach of the Florida Gators. BTW isn't it the defense that's eating it so far this year? Isn't that why Mack fired his current DC two games into the season? Yeah, I thought so.

Isn't it ironic that a Sooner and Aggie fan is the one taking up for Mack Brown. I find it strange that everyone who is screaming for Dodds/Brown and company to move on forgets what a dumpster fire Texas was before Brown came to Austin from the University of North Carolina. UT came back into national prominence under Brown and I think the man deserves the benefit of the doubt and a chance to get the right people on his staff and the Longhorns will be back. Dodds took it on the chin because the boosters didn't like losing and now the target is squarely on Brown's forehead.

UT isn't the only school who turns up the heat on the football coach and the AD when things don't go as planned. Bob Stoops was rumored to be in danger of losing his job a couple of years ago and this is a man who led his team to a national championship and played for two others. It's the same thing in Austin. "What have you done for me lately?" appears to be the mantra because despite Dodds and Brown bringing UT back from the ashes to a relevant program is not worth some slack.

boomer
09-15-2013, 11:05 AM
I will go on record and have been quoted often as saying I have not liked Mack since he benched Major for Chris Simms. He is no coach.