PDA

View Full Version : Week 3 Betting Thread

VegasCard
09-14-2013, 12:33 PM
I just figured out that my alma mater down in Beaumont has it's on fan forum, very nice! How about a betting thread (just for fun of course) to following each week??

I liked the UCLA and Stanford games earlier but didn't get signed up here in time. Here's the rest of games I like for today:

Wisconsin @ Arizona State (-5)
Washington (-9.5) @ Illinois
Alabama (-7) @ Texas A&M
Iowa @ Iowa State (+2)
Lamar (+48) @ Oklahoma State

I'll roll with our Cardinals. Who you guys like today?

Big T
09-14-2013, 07:40 PM
ASU to cover vs. Wisconsin tonight.

VegasCard
09-15-2013, 08:18 AM
I just figured out that my alma mater down in Beaumont has it's on fan forum, very nice! How about a betting thread (just for fun of course) to following each week??

I liked the UCLA and Stanford games earlier but didn't get signed up here in time. Here's the rest of games I like for today:

Wisconsin @ Arizona State (-5) (L)
Washington (-9.5) @ Illinois (W)
Alabama (-7) @ Texas A&M (P)
Iowa @ Iowa State (+2) (L)
Lamar (+48) @ Oklahoma State (L)

I'll roll with our Cardinals. Who you guys like today?

I actually ended up a little up yesterday with taking Arizona (-24.5). Alabama had that game easily covered until the fumble and late TD by A&M. I also had UCLA overall and at -3 for the 2nd half and hit both. So overall not a bad day.

VegasCard
09-15-2013, 08:35 AM
There are a lot of higher spreads today for the NFL games. Here's some of the games I like today:

Dallas (+3) at Kansas City
Cleveland (+7) at Baltimore
Minnesota at Chicago (-6)
San Diego at Philadelphia (-7)
St. Louis (+5.5) at Atlanta
Denver at NY Giants (+5)

boomer
09-15-2013, 11:03 AM
Love the thread. Any insight as to the factors you like to consider when picking your games?

VegasCard
09-16-2013, 06:33 AM
There are a lot of higher spreads today for the NFL games. Here's some of the games I like today:

Dallas (+3) at Kansas City (W) - Cowboys cover in KC
Cleveland (+7) at Baltimore (L) - Close but close doesn't count in gambling
Minnesota at Chicago (-6) (L) - too many mistakes by the Bears to make the number
San Diego at Philadelphia (-7) (L) - SD obviously came to play
St. Louis (+5.5) at Atlanta (L) - Late start but almost made it back to cover
Denver at NY Giants (+5) (L) - Late mistakes killed any chances

I guess my avatar held true this week especially on SUnday. Hopefully I'll have some better luck this week.