PDA

View Full Version : NCAA to reduce penalites against Penn State

KABrother88
09-24-2013, 02:36 PM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9716482/ncaa-reduce-penalties-penn-state-regarding-jerry-sandusky-child-sexual-abuse-matter

NCAA had placed a cap of 65 scholorship players for the 2014-2017 seasons. New plan is to cap scholoships to 75 for 2014, 80 scholorships for 2015, and back to a full 85 scholorships in 2016. As a Penn State fan I'm glad they are finally doing something about this. To me this is probably the best reduction that could be done for the simple fact that this will allow more kids to go to school somewhere on scholorship. Originally it basically told 20 kids they had to pay for school or go somewhere else...then that would trickle down to every other school in the nation.

Big T
09-24-2013, 09:08 PM
I saw this early today. It's the best thing the NCAA has done in years. I'm hoping that they will be declared bowl eligible by next year and this whole situation can be over with. What happened was horrible, but all the people were involved are now gone and this isn't penalizing the PSU system, it's penalizing kids and people who had nothing to do with what happened.

eagle eye
09-25-2013, 09:25 AM
I've said all along I thought the sanctions against the football team were wrong. The Sandusky case was a criminal case including the school administrators and Joe Paterno who were guilty of covering it up. The football team didn't know what was going on but they were penalized any way. Good move by the NCAA but why did they levy such severe sanctions in the first place? They, like everyone else, got caught up in furor and outrage over the Sandusky case and they over reacted. The inconsistancy and arbitrary nature of the NCAA rulings really needs to be looked at real hard and they (the NCAA) need to clean up their own house or the rumors about a split from the NCAA could be more than a rumor because colleges and alumni are tired of the jokers that rule the NCAA screwing everything up.