PDA

View Full Version : Bud Selig to after next season

KABrother88
09-26-2013, 01:56 PM
http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/9727367/mlb-commissioner-bud-selig-retire-2014-season

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article/mlb/bud-selig-will-retire-as-commissioner-of-major-league-baseball-in-january-2015?ymd=20130926&content_id=61825598&vkey=news_ml b

eagle eye
09-27-2013, 01:15 PM
Good riddance. After the 2014 season is too late in my book. ESPN talks about the growth of baseball but deny that baseball has seriously considered contraction. It was Selig's office that stuck their heads in the sand over steroid usage until a book by Jose Canseco that led to a congressional investigation (which was inappropriate IMO) to investigate steroid usage that finally caused the powers that be, i.e. Selig, to get off his arse and do something.
Selig also failed to move baseball into the 21st century by utilizing replays to get calls right and even investigate technology to assisting with calling balls and strikes. Is it fair that a guy like Tom Glavine was given about 3 or 4 inches outside the black and the guy he pitched against couldn't get the black? The human element be damned, replay and some sort of balls/strikes machine levels the playing field. The baseball purists are dead wrong in their opposition to using technology to make the game better and Selig was their champion.
The Astros were born a National League team and they should still be an National League team. It wasn't long ago that Selig's own Milwaukee Brewers came to the National League from the American League. If baseball wanted a balanced schedule then the logical move would have been for Milwaukee to go back where they came from. But Selig took advantage of the sale of the Houston franchise and made it a stipulation in the sale of the Astros the new owner had to swallow the move to the American League. This was cowardly move IMO by Selig and in this case and many others I see a definite conflict of interest between Bud Selig the MLB commissioner and Bud Selig the Milwaukee Brewers owner. Last but not least, he looks like Gollum. My Precious.
See ya Bud, don't let the door hit on the ass on the way out.

Big T
09-29-2013, 04:12 PM
B'bye Bud! The next comish needs to grow a pair and put a life time ban on any players who test positive for PED's. Until that happens baseball will continue to be the joke that Bud has made it into.