PDA

View Full Version : Week 7 Gambling Thread

VegasCard
10-10-2013, 04:21 PM
Thursday Night Football:

Giants +8 @ Bears (Same theory as last week....Giants have to win a game, right? I am concerned with how bad the Bears have played after a quick start so they could be due a big game on national TV at home. It wont be a big play but if I had to choose id take the Giants.)

I also like Rutgers +19 @ Louisville and Arizona +5.5 @ USC tonight.

VegasCard
10-10-2013, 04:23 PM
Also I had a great week on College picks last weekend going 11-4 ATS. I also did well with my NFL picks that I felt strong about. The games played I went 7-2 while going only 1-4 on the games I just picked to make a pick. So overall not a bad week for me. Howd you all do?

VegasCard
10-12-2013, 07:32 AM
My 10 Saturday Selections:

Pitt @ Virginia Tech -7
Virginia @ Maryland -5.5
Kent State @ Ball State -14
Nebraska -14 @ Purdue
South Carolina @ Arkansas +6
Alabama -26 @ Kentucky
Memphis @ Houston -10
Oregon St PK @ Washington State
Indiana +10 @ Michigan State
Baylor -18 @ Kansas State

I also like:

Akron @ Northern Illinois -24
Buffalo -10 at Western Michigan
Texas A&M @ Mississippi +7

How about you guys?

eagle eye
10-12-2013, 09:32 AM
There are some games that look like trap games to me but I'm going with the following:

South Carolina -6 vs Arkansas
Houston -10 vs Memphis
Texas Tech -14 vs Iowa State
Oklahoma -12 vs Texas If the weather is bad I may not go with this one
Indiana +10 vs Michigan State

Last week I lost in the Northwestern/Ohio State game on a fluke TD at the end of the game
I won the Notre Dame game picking ND to win outright over Arizona St
I lost the Oklahoma game. I had OU thinking they would be more dominant over TCU at home--I was wrong.
I won with LSU

So I went 2-2 last week. Shoulda been 3-1. I hate Ohio State.

VegasCard
10-12-2013, 11:32 PM
Here are my Sunday NFL Selections. I got back on track (sort of) last week going 7-1 in the 8 games I played but the overall record slid due to losing 4 of 5 of the rest of the games. I also started this week with a win ATS picking the Giants +8 on Thursday night and winning.

Here are my favorite games:

Oakland +9.5 @ Kansas City (seems like a classic too good to be true line but I think the Raiders are improving and getting that many points is hard to pass up)
St. Louis @ Houston -7 (The Texans are due a solid performance and should get it vs the young Rams at Reliant Stadium)
Tennessee @ Seattle -13.5 (Seahawks back at home and Tennessee still missing starting QB)
Jacksonville @ Denver -26.5 (Largest line in NFL history but my rule remains to bet against the Jags until they prove me otherwise, so I wont start when they're facing Peyton Manning in Denver)

The rest (I don't like as many games this week):

New Orleans at New England -1 (Tom Brady surely wont lose 2 in a row with this game being in Foxboro, right?)
Washington +5.5 @ Dallas (Cowboys coming off an emotional game and normally don't play that well in back to back weeks. The Skins come in rested with a few weeks to prepare)
Arizona +11 @ San Francisco (Cardinals are decent so I may take that many points)
Philadelphia -3 @ Tampa Bay (Just think Philly is a little better and Tampa has internal turmoil)
Green Bay -3 @ Baltimore (Ravens playing better but for some reason I think GB wins and covers)
Detroit -2.5 @ Cleveland (people are trending towards the Browns here because they've been hot but Detroit is just better and should show up and cover)
Carolina @ Minnesota -2.5 (Carolina is an enigma I cant figure out and I think Minnesota has a little momentum after the win in London. Not to mention the team will want to win for Adrian Peterson after the loss of his young son)
Pittsburgh @ Jets PK (I'm just tired of losing every week with the Steelers so I reluctantly take the Jets)
Cincinnati @ Buffalo +7 (Bengals numbers ATS as a favorite of more than 4 points is terrible so give me the Bills and a TD at home)
Colts -2 at San Diego (Gonna ride the Andrew Luck train on his first MNF appearance)

What do you guys think?

eagle eye
10-13-2013, 07:32 AM
I'm jumping all over the New Orleans bet. I'll take the Saints and give the +1. New Orleans is on fire right now and Tom Brady or not he has no weapons and no run game.

Houston +7 is a good one. Houston isn't as bad as they've shown the last couple of weeks and the Rams run defense stinks.

If Cleveland was playing with Brian Hoyer I'd have more confidence but I'm not a fan of Brandon Weeden other than he looks like Hoover from Animal House. That's not enough to make me take the Browns despite their really good defense. I'll take the Lions and give the 2-1/2.
http://download.xbox.com/content/images/d39b6490-072a-49ae-95c0-584fadd3920f/1033/screenlg2.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/photo/2012/0524/play_g_weeden_d1_576.jpg

I'm really inclined to take Tennessee and the points. That's a lot of points and the Titans defense is really good. Seattle at home is a lot better than on the road. I still like the Titans and 13.5.

I think the Steelers and Jets being a pick 'em game is in the Jets favor. The Jets have a good D and frankly their offense has been better than the Steelers too. I'll take the Jets at home.

Last, I will take the Vikings but not for the same reason as VegasCard did. Matt Cassel is starting this week and he did much better than Ponder in London. I think Cassel is better than what he showed in Kansas City. The other reason is the Vikings are at home and the noise in their dome with those annoying horns is pretty intimidating. Carolina is not very good so I'm taking the Vikings and giving the points.

eagle eye
10-14-2013, 11:55 AM
Wow, what a messed up weekend of football ATS.

In my picks in college I went 1-3-1. Not a good week.

South Carolina (-6) beat Arkansas by 45
Houston (-10) was a push with Memphis with Houston winning 25-15
Texas Tech (-14) beat Iowa State 42-35 but I lost ATS.
Oklahoma (-12) lost outright to Texas 36-20 (NObody saw that one coming)
Indiana (+10) lost by 14 to Michigan State

In my picks in the pros I went 2-4. So, not a good week in the pros this week either.

I lost with 5 seconds when the Patriots pulled out a three point win over the Saints.
I lost with Houston getting trounced by the Rams
I won the Lions (+2-1/2) over the Browns. Unfortunately I was right about Weeden.
I won with Tennessee (+13-1/2) losing by 7 to Seattle
I lost the Jets bet. They sucked and Pittsburgh finally won a game.
I lost with the Vikings (-2-1/2). Where did this Carolina team come from to beat the Vikes at home by 25?!