PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Nation Week 8

eagle eye
10-24-2013, 10:39 AM
I'm sorry folks, I never would have believed Josh Freeman would play so badly. I realize that he only had 5 days to prepare for the game but an NFL caliber quarterback should be able to throw more accurately than Freeman did against the woeful Giants defense. Freeman continuously overthrew, underthrew and generally looked more like a slug off the street than a veteran QB. It was a sad and embarrassing performance. Now, Minnesota has said that Freeman sustained a concussion and won't play this week. They will be handing the reins back to Christian Ponder who injured his ribs earlier this season. The Vikings at least could generate some offense under Ponder. Even so, after what the coaching staff, i.e. head coach Leslie Frazier, did to Ponder it's pretty safe Ponder is auditioning for a job with another team in 2014. Frankly, it may be time to think about a new coaching staff as well. Either way, it's a shame to see a talent like Adrian Peterson wasted on such a bad team.

eagle eye
10-25-2013, 12:00 PM
Here are my Week 8 Starts/Sits. With bye weeks in full swing we need to make some choices here--or do we? If you look at my lists I can't help feeling readers are saying, "Duh!". At least my advice has been pretty darn consistant--in a good way. Nobody can avoid some bad calls but I think I've done a good job steering you toward some nice plays. With that said, here's the latest and greatest.

QB Starts

> RGIII vs Denver - Denver sucks on defense. Dallas and then Indy exposed the heck out of them.
> Colin Kaepernick vs Jacksonville
> Michael Vick vs NY Giants
> Terrelle Pryor vs Pittsburgh - Raiders at home coming off a bye, I'll buy this week.
> Andy Dalton vs NY Jets - Dalton at home with A J Green? Again, I'm a buyer.

Sleeper - Ben Roethlesberger vs Oakland - Since Le'Veon Bell came back Big Ben has a running game to work with.

QB Sits

> Carson Palmer vs Atlanta - Palmer is not what Arizona thought he'd be.
> Alex Smith vs Cleveland - Cleveland CAN play defense and Smith isn't a big fantasy QB anyway.
> Geno Smith vs Cincinnati - Smith hasn't been all that on the road.
> Cleveland's QB vs San Francisco - Doesn't matter if it's Brady Quinn or the guy I never heard of, it won't matter.

I'm drinking the Kool-Aid on the Cowboys stumbling on something significant on defense. The past two weeks they have stymied RGIII and Nick Foles. As bad as Foles played a lot of that had to do with the Cowboys defense. Matthew Stafford is not mobile and now Reggie Bush is reported as having a leg injury in Friday's practice. I'm saying Player Beware of Stafford this week.

RB Starts

> Knowshon Moreno vs Washington
> Stevan Ridley vs Miami
> Peyton Hillis vs Philadelphia
> LeSean McCoy vs NY Giants
> Eddie Lacey vs Minnesota - If Tampa could play ANY offense they would've beaten the Vikes.

RB Sits

> Zac Stacey vs Seattle - Duh pick here. Rams have new QB and face Seattle at home--brutal.
> Willis McGahee vs Kansas City
> MJD vs San Francisco
> Steven Jackson vs Atlanta - Just coming off injury and will share carries with Jacquizz Rodgers.

With Christian Ponder back in the lineup Minnesota may actually put emphasis on the run game. Certainly Adrian Peterson will get more than the 11 carries he got against the Giants. I'm just saying "player beware" because the O-line can't seem to open holes.

WR Starts

> Larry Fitzgerald vs Atlanta
> Dez Bryant vs Detroit
> Marques Colston vs Buffalo
> DeSean Jackson vs NY Giants
> Pierre Garcon vs Denver

Sleepers - Terrence Williams vs Detroit, Jarrett Boykin vs Minnesota

WR Sits

> Dwayne Bowe vs Cleveland
> Mike Wallace vs New England
> Steve Johnson vs New Orleans
> Harry Douglas vs Arizona

TE Starts

> Jordan Reed vs Denver
> Julius Thomas vs Washington
> Jason Witten vs Detroit
> Heath Miller vs Oakland
> Vernon Davis

TE Sits

> Jared Cook vs Seattle
> Brandon Myers vs Philadelphia
> Jordan Cameron vs Kansas City
> Brent Celek vs NY Giants

eagle eye
10-26-2013, 09:47 AM
Here's a link to an abbreviated look at this week's injury report.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000269380/article/nfl-week-8-injury-report-what-you-need-to-know

eagle eye
10-26-2013, 10:47 AM
Okay here's some of the latest news in the NFL

> Tampa Bay WR Mike Williams has a torn hamstring. Torn-not pulled.
> Michael Vick is definitely playing against the Giants this week.
> Jason Campbell is the QB for the Browns. Considering the Browns D this could be an upset in the making. As a matter of fact I'm going on record here taking back my sit for Cleveland's QBs. Campbell is a veteran who is capable of making plays and he does have weapons to go to. This could easily be a close ball game which you know is going to be low scoring. I'm upgrading Campbell to "sleeper" status. I think this could be the week KC falls from the unbeaten ranks.
> Kellen Clemens is the Rams QB going forward. He's veteran guy who hasn't really done much as a pro. He and his Rams teammates are heading into the viper pit known as Qwest Field in Seattle. There is little hope this will be a stellar beginning to Clemens 2013 season as the starting QB. Never fear, the Rams now have Brady Quinn and Austin Davis. If you don't know who Davis is he was an UFA in 2012 that made the Rams roster. He was cut at the end of August this year but was picked up and placed on the Miami Dolphins practice squad. All the hoopla over Quinn and Davis is moot because this is the Kellen Clemens show--if he survives Seattle.
> Any worry about Reggie Bush being out for the Dallas game--it's ok--he's playing. Held out for "precautionary", i.e. veteran day off, reasons yesterday. No biggie here, he'll play.
> Steven Jackson will play for the Falcons but Roddy White and Jason Snelling are out.
> The Broncos will NOT have RB Ronnie Hillman active vs the Redskins Sunday. Hillman has had fumbling issues and his goal line fumble against the Colts Sunday night crushed any comeback hopes the Broncos had in the loss to Indy.

boomer
10-27-2013, 12:23 AM
Ok lets look at some of the weekly updates for injuries in the league this week.

Fantasy Football Injury Reports: Quarterbacks

Jay Cutler, Bears
10/22: Jay Cutler is out 4-6 weeks.

Josh Freeman, Vikings
10/22: Josh Freeman has suffered some sort of mysterious "concussion" that no one ever saw. Christian Ponder will start against Green Bay.

E.J. Manuel, Bills
10/22: E.J. Manuel is out 3-5 weeks.

Fantasy Football Injury Reports: Running Backs

Reggie Bush, Lions
10/25: Reggie Bush missed practice Friday, but is listed as probable.

Fred Jackson, Bills
10/25: Fred Jackson is listed as probable.

10/24: Fred Jackson was limited in practice Thursday.

10/23: Fred Jackson missed Wednesday's practice.

Steven Jackson, Falcons
10/25: Steven Jackson is listed as probable.

10/24: Steven Jackson was limited again Thursday. He said he's not 100 percent.

10/23: Steven Jackson was limited in practice Wednesday. He plans on playing.

10/22: Steven Jackson is expected to return to practice Wednesday.

Brandon Jacobs, Giants It's Hillis time great fit for this Offense go grab him.

10/25: Brandon Jacobs is listed as doubtful.

10/24: Brandon Jacobs missed practice again Thursday.

10/23: Brandon Jacobs missed Wednesday's practice.

10/22: Tom Coughlin said he has no idea if Brandon Jacobs will be ready for Sunday's game.

Doug Martin, Buccaneers
10/24: Doug Martin might be back Week 10, per Ian Rapoport.

10/22: Doug Martin is out for Thursday's game and also much longer than that.

Rashard Mendenhall, Cardinals
10/25: Ryan Mendenhall is not expected to play after missing practice Friday. Ellington is a great risk this week.

10/24: Rashard Mendenhall missed practice Wednesday and Thursday.

DeMarco Murray, Cowboys
10/25: DeMarco Murray was limited yet again Friday.

10/24: DeMarco Murray was limited again Thursday.

10/23: DeMarco Murray was limited in Wednesday's practice.

10/22: DeMarco Murray was diagnosed with a multi-week injury, so he's unlikely to play.

C.J. Spiller, Bills
10/25: C.J. Spiller is listed as doubtful.

10/24: C.J. Spiller missed Thursday's practice and is unlikely to play.

10/23: C.J. Spiller missed Wednesday's practice.

David Wilson, Giants
10/22: David Wilson might be back in Week 12. Hillis I will say again is a great fit for the giants.

Fantasy Football Injury Reports: Wide Receivers

Danny Amendola, Patriots
10/25: Danny Amendola has passed all of his concussion tests. His availability will be up to the coaching staff.

10/24: Danny Amendola was limited again Thursday.

10/23: Danny Amendola practiced Wednesday. He has a chance to suit up Sunday.

10/22: The Patriots won't release any news on Danny Amendola.

Dwayne Bowe, Chiefs
10/26: Dwayne Bowe is expected to play, per Ed Werder.

10/25: Dwayne Bowe missed practice Friday.

10/24: Dwayne Bowe got dinged up in Thursday's practice and was limited.

Randall Cobb, Packers
10/22: Randall Cobb is out 5-7 weeks.

Percy Harvin, Seahawks
10/26: Ruled out for Monday's game.

10/24: Percy Harvin's status will be determined Monday according to Pete Carroll.

10/22: There are some reports indicating that Percy Harvin may play Monday night.

Santonio Holmes, Jets
10/26: Ruled out for Sunday's game.

10/25: Santonio Holmes said he may sit out until Week 11.

10/24: Santonio Holmes missed practice again Thursday.

10/23: Likely out for Sunday's game.

James Jones, Packers
10/25: James Jones is listed as doubtful.

10/24: James Jones missed practice again Thursday.

10/23: James Jones missed practice Wednesday.

10/22: James Jones was looking at a multi-week injury when he got hurt.

Roddy White, Falcons
10/25: Ruled out for Sunday's game.

10/24: Roddy White missed practice again Thursday.

10/23: Roddy White missed Wednesday's practice.

Mike Williams, Buccaneers
10/23: Mike Williams is listed as questionable after being limited in practice the entire week.

Fantasy Football Injury Reports: Tight Ends

Jeff Cumberland, Jets
10/24: Jeff Cumberland has barely practiced this week.

Owen Daniels, Texans
10/22: Owen Daniels is out 2-4 weeks.

Jermichael Finley, Packers
10/22: Jermichael Finley could be placed on injured reserve, according to Ed Werder.

Jimmy Graham, Saints
10/25: Jimmy Graham will be a game-time decision after returning to a limited practice Friday.

10/24: Jimmy Graham missed practice again Thursday.

10/23: Jimmy Graham missed Wednesday's practice.

10/22: Adam Schefter said Jimmy Graham is "uncertain" to play this Sunday.

Brandon Pettigrew, Lions
10/25: Listed as probable.

10/24: Brandon Pettigrew hurt his hamstring in Thursday's practice and was limited.

Kellen Winslow, Jets
10/22: Kellen Winslow has two games remaining on his suspension.

boomer
10-27-2013, 12:45 AM
Don't forget that myself and Double E are on twitter answering questions leading up to game timeor anytime during the week. Hit us up...

@klipshotbboomer for me or @sturgneches for Double E.

eagle eye
10-27-2013, 09:46 AM
A little update.

Despite missing practice this week Jimmy Graham is active vs the Bills. Play him with caution in fantasy but you have to play him.

As reported earlier this week the Bills will be without CJ Spiller. Spiller says he wants to play but he understands why Buffalo is sitting him. Freddie Jackson will be the man and if your desperate you could take a chance on Tashard Choice.

eagle eye
10-28-2013, 08:12 AM
Okay, two things. Kenny Stills is a beast but Drew Brees still throws to 8 other guys which makes it hard to count on him in fantasy. Stills is making Marques Colston more and more expendable.

Adrian Peterson is being wasted in Minnesota. I hate advocate firing anyone but Leslie Frazier has taken a good team and is running them into the ground. Part of the problem is the front office drafted Christian Ponder and either he isn't very good or he isn't getting very good coaching. Either way the Vikings are broken.

Tonight's game vs Seattle and St Louis won't hold many surprises unless, of course, the Rams actually beat the Seahawks with backup Kellen Clemens under center. In fantasy here's the plays for tonight;

Seattle

Russell Wilson
Marshawn Lynch
Seattle's Def/ST

Sleeper - Golden Tate (Sleeper here is a little silly because if you're playing Tate he's got to be played)

St Louis

Zac Stacy
Jared Cook

I have Marshawn Lynch going tonight and I need him to have a big night because if he does I will win and in doing so I will beat Boomer in one of my leagues.