PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Nation Week 9

eagle eye
10-29-2013, 01:51 PM
I suppose this is as close as you can get to the half way point of a 17 week season most teams have eight games under their belts while the rest have seven. We're starting to see some seperation in the divisions, except mediocre divisions like the NFC (L)East. In fantasy we haven't seen that breakout RB yet. In past years we have seen players like Ray Rice and Arian Foster come out of seeming nowhere to explode on the NFL scene but we haven't seen that just yet. There are certainly candidates like Le'Veon Bell, Zac Stacy and Andre Ellington but consistancy has been difficult.
There have been a couple of WR's who have burst onto the scene like Dallas' Terrance Williams who now has a TD in 4 straight games. There is also Jarrett Boykin who is making noise in Green Bay. He's getting his opportunity as a result of injuries to James Jones and Randall Cobb. New Orleans has the kid from OU Kenny Stills as well. Both Boykin and Stills are in systems where their QBs do a good job of spreading the ball around which makes them iffy for fantasy owners to depend on.
There are also some teams at the top of a list of the most disappointing teams in the league. Houston and Atlanta were picked by many to be Super Bowl contenders. The New York Giants were expected to vie for the NFC East title and there were high hopes for both the Redskins and Eagles but both have been huge flops so far. Even so, all these teams have players who are important in fantasy leagues. But, as I said earlier, consistancy has been a bitch especially for RB's. I mean who would have predicted that in last night's game it was going to be Zac Stacy (134 yards/26 carries) the big deal in the game over Marshawn Lynch (23 yards/8 carries)? I sure as heck didn't and I have both players on my roster. If I played Stacy I win this week's fantasy game but I played Lynch and lost a heartbreaker. Strange days indeed. There wasn't really an indication that last night's turnabout was coming except that Stacy had a good Week 7 but they are playing the Seahawks D. The Rams should have destroyed the Seahawks last night as they dominated every single category except the score which is the one that really counts. The Rams downfall was new QB Kellen Clemens who was not good and that's being kind. So, see? Fanatasy football in 2013 is hard to figure out as the games and players vary so much from week to week. Only the Broncos are a constant in a sea of ever changing rosters.

eagle eye
11-02-2013, 07:10 PM
I didn't forget about this week's starts and sits I've just been a little busy. So here we go taking some interesting roster moves because of injury and what ever. Feedback is welcome so don't be shy.

QB Starts

Tony Romo vs Minnesota (fourth highest scoring player in fantasy vs a bad pass defense)
Jason Campbell vs Baltimore (Not bad last week, even better this week)
Terrell Pryor vs Philadelphia
Phillip Rivers vs Washington (See a pattern? Anyone playing the NFC East)
Russell Wilson vs Tampa Bay (Bad to the bone at home.)

Sleeper Alert: Alex Smith vs Buffalo (You won't find smith here often but Buffalo is a good matchup.)
Sleeper II: Case Keenum vs Indianapolis

QB Sits

Christian Ponder vs Dallas
Joe Flacco vs Cleveland
Jake Locker vs St Louis
Tom Brady vs Pittsburgh

RB Starts

Zac Stacy vs Tennessee (Can Stacy back up his huge night vs Seattle? I think so.)
DeMarco Murray vs Minnesota (Fresh legs will make a difference)
Ryan Matthews vs Washington (Matthew's first appearance here this year--first time he's stayed healthy)
Jamaal Charles vs Buffalo (Obvious choice but Charles deserves some mention.)
Eddie Lacey vs Chicago

RB Sits

Trent Richardson vs Houston (Totally underwhelming and Houston is good against the run)
Steven Jackson vs Carolina (The Panthers have found some pretty good defense.)
Pierre Thomas vs NY Jets
Willis McGahee vs Baltimore
Mike James vs Seattle

WR Starts

Terrence Williams vs Minnesota (TDs in 4 straight games and I expect it will be 5 considering the Vikes D.)
Josh Gordon vs Baltimore (A week-in-week-out player in fantasy these days.)
Denarius Moore vs Philadelphia
Andre Johnson vs Indianapolis
Roddy White vs Carolina (Finally back in action. Should be fresh and ready to fly!)

Sleeper Alert: Denarius Heyward-Bey vs Houston

WR Sits

Torrey Smith vs Cleveland
Danny Amendola vs Pittsburgh
Marques Colston vs NY Jets (Colston has been a major disappointment to fantasy owners in '13)
Pierre Garcon vs San Diego
DeSean Jackson vs Oakland

TE Starts

Jordan Reed vs San Diego
Jordan Cameron vs Baltimore
Antonio Gates vs Washington
Jason Witten vs Minnesota (Witten has been quiet for two games now--he's due a breakout.)

TE Sits

Timothy Wright vs Seattle
Scott Chandler vs Kansas City
Jared Cook vs St Louis
Colby Fleener vs Houston
Martellus Bennett (I don't trust Bennett and I don't trust Josh McCown--especially at Lambeau Field)

boomer
11-03-2013, 06:28 AM
Ok let talk about some injuries updates shall we?

Follow @walterfootball @sturgneches and @klipshotbboomer for updates.

Fantasy Football Injury Reports: Quarterbacks

Jay Cutler, Bears
10/29: Jay Cutler is out 3-5 weeks.

Thad Lewis, Bills
11/1: Thad Lewis is doubtful. If you're convinced he could still play, look at the point spread. The Chiefs had risen from -3 to -4 Friday morning (though they're now -3.5).

10/31: Thad Lewis missed Thursday's practice. Doug Marrone said he's "50-50" to start despite a ProFootballTalk.com report saying Lewis would play.

10/30: Thad Lewis missed Wednesday's practice with a rib injury. Doug Marrone said "it could be anybody."

E.J. Manuel, Bills
10/29: E.J. Manuel is out 2-4 weeks.

QB Mike Vick , Eagles
10/31: Nick Foles has been cleared to start.

10/29: Mike Vick has been ruled out for Sunday's game. Nick Foles practiced on Tuesday, however.

Fantasy Football Injury Reports: Running Backs

Arian Foster, Texans
11/1: Arian Foster is a game-time decision for Sunday night.

10/31: Arian Foster was limited in Thursday's practice.

10/30: Arian Foster missed Wednesday's practice.

10/28: Arian Foster's availability will be determined late in the week.

Doug Martin, Buccaneers
10/31: Ruled out for Sunday's game.

10/29: Doug Martin might be back Week 10, per Ian Rapoport.

DeMarco Murray, Cowboys
11/1: DeMarco Murray is listed as probable.

10/31: DeMarco Murray practiced fully again Thursday.

10/30: DeMarco Murray practiced Wednesday.

10/29: The Cowboys said DeMarco Murray could've played last week, so he could be back this Sunday.

C.J. Spiller, Bills
11/1: C.J. Spiller is listed as probable.

10/31: C.J. Spiller was limited again Thursday. Doug Marrone said he liked Spiller's chances to play.

10/30: C.J. Spiller was limited in Wednesday's practice.

Zac Stacy, Rams
11/1: Zac Stacy is listed as questionable after being limited again Friday.

10/30: Zac Stacy was very limited Wednesday with an ankle injury he sustained Monday night.

Ben Tate, Texans
11/1: Gary Kubiak said Ben Tate will play Sunday night.

10/31: Ben Tate was once again limited in Thursday's practice.

10/30: Ben Tate was limited in Wednesday's practice with four cracked ribs.

10/28: Ben Tate's availability will be determined late in the week.

David Wilson, Giants
10/29: David Wilson might be back in Week 12.

Fantasy Football Injury Reports: Wide Receivers

Randall Cobb, Packers
10/29: Randall Cobb is out 4-6 weeks.

Marques Colston, Saints
11/1: Marques Colston is a game-time decision with an injured knee.

Percy Harvin, Seahawks
10/31: Ruled out for Sunday's game.

10/30: Percy Harvin missed Wednesday's practice.

10/29: There's some chatter that Percy Harvin could make his debut in Week 10, but nothing concrete yet.

Darrius Heyward-Bey, Colts
11/1: Chuck Pagano says he expects Darrius Heyward-Bey to play Sunday night. Heyward-Bey is questionable after not practicing Friday.

10/31: Darrius Heyward-Bey was downgraded to limited in Thursday's practice with a hamstring.

Santonio Holmes, Jets
11/1: Ruled out for Sunday's game.

10/31: Santonio Holmes missed practice again Thursday.

10/30: Santonio Holmes performed in individual drills during Wednesday's practice.

10/29: Santonio Holmes said he may sit out until Week 11.

Stevie Johnson, Bills
11/1: stevie Johnson is listed as probable.

10/31: As promised Stevie Johnson returned to practice Thursday.

10/30: Stevie Johnson missed Wednesday's practice, but said he'd return to practice Thursday.

10/29: Stevie Johnson sustained a hip flexor. He's expected to be limited all week, but all indications are that he'll play.

James Jones, Packers
11/2: James Jones was limited again Saturday. He's listed as questionable.

11/1: James Jones returned to practice Friday, but was limited.

10/31: James Jones missed Thursday's practice.

10/29: James Jones was looking at a multi-week injury when he got hurt. Well, it's been two weeks already...

Sidney Rice, Seahawks
10/30: Out for the year with a torn ACL.

Roddy White, Falcons
11/1: Roddy White is a game-time decision after being limited in Friday's practice.

10/31: Roddy White missed practice again Thursday.

10/30: Roddy White missed Wednesday's practice.

Mike Williams, Buccaneers
10/29: Out for the year.

Fantasy Football Injury Reports: Tight Ends

Jeff Cumberland, Jets
10/30: Jeff Cumberland is expected to be out with a concussion.

Owen Daniels, Texans
10/29: Owen Daniels is out 1-3 weeks.

Kellen Winslow, Jets
10/29: Kellen Winslow has one game remaining on his suspension.

boomer
11-03-2013, 07:27 AM
Ok here are some guys I have a gut feeling about. there is no scientific evidence to support this just a hunch.

QB Case Keenum don't know if he can get the win but love the way he takes shots down the field. I also think this will help the running game and Andre Johson's stats.

RB T Rich. look he is not the golden guy he was drafted to be. he has to do it today with wayne out , he also has to do it with his hands I look for him and Fleener to carry the Offense for Luck stepping in for wayne being out.

RB Darren Sproles is a guy I look to have a bounce back week and have advised his owners all week to play him. He has the best matchups against the Jets this week.

WR Riley Cooper is in line to have a great game today as Nick Foles returns to the line up. Foles seems to find him alot when he is on the field.

WR Cole Beasley I have been yelling his name for weeks on twitter if you read our rants there. He is primed to break out today against a sub par Vikes secondary and M. Austin being out this week. This guy is part of a young nucleus of Cowboys WR's that are about to put Dallas back on the map.

TE Colby Fleener ( see T Rich above).

Def I say N.O. is a great play this week against the J-E-T-S...

So are these guys must grabs NO but if you are in need for a boost and are Sunday morning shopping then this will get you started in the right direction. Hit us up on twitter if you need some help.

eagle eye
11-04-2013, 01:55 PM
Wow, was this the weirdest weekend of the year so far or what? Here's some observations I got from this weekend's games.

> How many of you saw the Saints being thrashed by the Jets? Don't lie.
> How many of you saw the Patriots going all Tom Brady on the Steelers. Hadn't shown that all year.
> I have been saying the last couple of weeks the Browns were going to be better with Jason Campbell at QB. They could pull off the upset against KC last week but they beat down an overrated Ravens team.
> There are rumors Wade Phillips wasn't on the field in the second half because he collapsed when he heard about Gary Kubiak's collapse. It was a look-a-like who led the Texans defense to second half collapse. Up 18 at half time the Texans score one stupid field goal and allow 24 points to the increasingly hateful Colts. Do you think Houston wins if Randy Bullock make his three field goals he missed? Me too. Do you think it's time to cut bait with Bullock? Yeah, me too.
> Is Seattle the luckiest team on the planet? I'm really getting annoyed with that team.
> Who is God's name thought Nick Foles and the Beagles were capable of a game like they played against Oakland?
> The Jets are just a different team at home. How else do you explain Geno Smith throwing for like 80 yards and winning the game?
> The Chargers really needed to beat the stupid Redskins yesterday but Washington was able to do what Dallas couldn't and that's exploit a poor Chargers defense. It sure helps when you have a running game.
> Speaking of a run game Dallas logged franchise lows in rushing attempts (9) and rushing yards (36) in their improbable win over Minnesota. The run game wasn't totally anemic because they averaged 4 YPC they just have a couple of no-gains and abandoned the run altogether. One of the runs was a Romo scramble. Pitiful. One thing though, for one week nobody can say Romo can't win with the game on the line.
> St Louis can't catch a break but I think they've found a replacement for Steven Jackson. Zac Stacy is tearing it up especially in fantasy.
> Poor Tampa Bay. They had the game won but --- do you remember the Dennis Green "They are who we thought they were--and we let 'em off the hook" rant? The good thing is fantasy owners can look at Mike James and Mike Glennon as viable bye week players. Maybe more than just fill ins considering what they did against the Seahawks in their house.

Tonight will it be Eddie Lacey, Aaron Rodgers, Jordy Nelson leading you fantasy team to victory this week or will Matt Forte, Josh McCown and Brandon Marshall turn the tide for you? Good game to watch but I won't bet on this game even though the Packers are favored by 10.

eagle eye
11-05-2013, 11:05 AM
The end of Week 9 actually came about 4:30 into last nights game when Aaron Rodgers went out with a shoulder injury. After that it was the battle of the backups as Josh McCown outdueled Seneca Wallace to give the Bears their first victory at Lambeau Field in the last 12 tries. How many fantasy games were turned on Rodger's shoulder?

Two coaches down: With the successful heart surgery on Denver head coach John Fox and the mysterious ailment that has befallen Gary Kubiak you have to wonder how both teams will fare going forward. Denver has an on-field offensive coordinator in Peyton but how will the team respond to Jack Del Rio? Kubiak may be back but I doubt it this week so how will the Texans respond under the helm of Wade Phillips? Two interesting questions to ponder this week.