PDA

View Full Version : The Texas Rangers Get Prince Fielder!

eagle eye
11-20-2013, 08:24 PM
In a trade completed this evening the Texas Rangers will send 2B Ian Kinsler to Detroit for 1B/DH Prince Fielder! This is a trade that benefits both teams as the Rangers acquire a guy who gives them a power bat in the middle of their lineup. With injuries last season, particularly to Nelson Cruz, the Rangers lacked pop in their lineup. Fielder will make a crackerjack DH IMO. The Tigers get a quality second baseman which they needed badly. With Kinsler going to Detroit this opens a spot for up and coming prospect Jurikson Profar. The Rangers will take on a pretty hefty salary hit with Fielder. Detroit is said to be saving 100M dollars over the life of the remainder of his contract which now belongs to Texas.

Big T
11-22-2013, 08:40 AM
Crap....... I really like Prince, now I can't cause he's a Ranger lol. I think the Tigers may have seen the writing on the wall and seen that Prince's weight is starting to catch up to him. In the end, the Tigers will come out ahead in this deal. At the very least they dumped a large amount of salary and freed up money for the FA market.