PDA

View Full Version : I Need To Vent About Lamar Security

Big T
11-23-2013, 08:00 PM
I just posted about this on the game thread, but I'm going to post it here as well. So I was just at the LU McNeese game and a student was yelling at the defense of McNeese saying that they needed to keep sucking so that we could win. One of the McNeese players responded to what he was saying and yelled back and then flipped him off. Apparently the players father was sitting somewhere in the stands and he came running down the stands screaming at us students to leave number 21 alone. He then proceeded to shove one of the students and that's when security got involved. Of course this did not help as we the students got on the player even more including me. Security kicked me out of the game for nagging on this player after his dad shoved one of us yet the dad was allowed to stay in the stands. If students aren't allowed to rag on the opposing players, then what's the point in allowing students in at the games? I'm really frustrated about this. I'm proud to say that I did not give them any problems and left without arguing, but man I was/am pissed.

KABrother88
11-23-2013, 08:39 PM
Pretty ridiculous people get so but hurt about trash talk...it's friggin sports...players need to understand that their job is to play the game and it's the students job to get in their heads...it's all part of the home field advantage...I mean I used to sit over by the 3rd base dugout and talk trash to the guy on deck and into the dugout...if they even acknowledged me it was just to tell me there was a reason I was sittin in the stands and not the dugout...if daddy has to defend an 18-22 year old athlete then he deserves a some heckling...and I probably shouldn't say what I think about daddy...

KABrother88
11-23-2013, 08:50 PM
And you and the guy tht got shoved are more of a man than I am cause I either would have either hauled off and hit the dad if he shoved me and I would have not went quietly if security tried to kick me out for giving it to the players

eagle eye
11-23-2013, 09:06 PM
Big T, it's a crying shame we get treated like a road team in our own stadium. Thanks for acting with some class in the face of such BS.

Big T
11-23-2013, 11:19 PM
I was not, am not, a happy person about this. If I knew who to talk to I would go complain about it, but I unfortunately do not.

eagle eye
11-24-2013, 10:06 AM
How about the AD. All the athletics are his show.

BSFwins
11-24-2013, 10:19 AM
They were going to kick me out of a basketball game because the first woman's soccer coach complained to security I said Bull Shit! I told them I would not say shit again if they would let me stay.

Later, that coach who got upset about the word shit walked off the bus before a road game and quit on his players.. Unbelievable our athletic department...

Big T
11-24-2013, 10:38 AM
Jason Henderson does come over and thank us, the students, for being at all of the basketball games. Next time he comes over I think I will tell him what happened. This is getting to be ridiculous.

BSFwins, if you don't mind me saying... That's Bullshit. It's home field and home court advantage. If you can't take it then get off the court or field.

BSFwins
11-24-2013, 10:51 AM
LOL, I'm okay with PG rated language..