PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Nation Week 13

eagle eye
11-26-2013, 11:39 AM
This week marks the first week of no more byes through the end of the season. No worries about who's out and finding a fill in player but there are a couple of injuries of note from Week 12.

> Zac Stacy was having his best game as a pro vs the Bears gaining 87 yards on 12 carries in the second quarter when he sustained a concussion. Updates on Stacy are limited but if you needed Stacy you need to pick up his backup Bennie Cunningham. Cunningham came in a gained 104 yards on 13 carries against a very generous Bears run defense.

> Browns QB Jason Campbell was knocked out of their game with Pittsburgh last Sunday with a concussion. His status is he will likely be out this week for sure meaning Brandon Weeden will have his 3rd crack as a starter this season. The Browns signed QB Alex Tanney off the Cowboys practice squad to fill the open spot Campbell's injury made.

> Ryan Matthews left the game against the Chiefs with a pulled hamstring. This means that Danny Woodhead and Ronnie Brown will take bigger roles with some leftovers for Le'Ron McClain.

> Kansas City's defense took a hit when the Chiefs lost defensive linemen Tamba Hali and Justin Houston crippling their pass rush going into their second game against Denver this week. Hali suffered an ankle injury and Houston's elbow came out of its socket but it went back in on the field. Both players are having MRI's to check the extent of their injuries.

> Morris Claiborne reinjured his hamstring against the Giants. The Cowboys signed CB Sterling Moore, who had been with the Cowboys since the middle of last season until he was cut at the end of training camp. Moore isn't Claiborne but he's a good player who will help the Cowboys.

eagle eye
11-26-2013, 12:26 PM
There are three games slated for Thanksgiving day and lots of players who will be in play for fantasy owners.

Game 1
Green Bay at Detroit (11:30 am CST)
> Aaron Rodgers will not be back from his broken collar bone so Mike Flynn, who nearly led the Packers to a come from behind win but got the tie game vs the Vikings. The only success Flynn has enjoyed is with the Packers. Should be a good game.

Game 2
Oakland at Dallas (3:30 pm CST)
> Dallas needs to win this game to validate the win over the Giants last Sunday. The Cowboys should win but you just never know with these Cowboys. Could be a bit of a trap game.

Game 3
Pittsburgh at Baltimore (7:30 pm CST)
> Two teams fighting for a Wild Card who shouldn't even be in the hunt. But, with four teams at 5-6 only on Wild Card wrapped up it's a big game for these traditional rivals. I don't like either team but I'm pulling for the Steelers because I'm sick of Joe Flacco and the 1000 Nation Army chant the Ravens do. When your team is 5-6 you shouldn't be chanting, I'm just saying.