PDA

View Full Version : Florida State vs Auburn: Will you really miss the BCS?

eagle eye
12-11-2013, 10:36 AM
Aren't the best two teams in the nation playing for the final BCS Championship? Do you feel cheated because Ohio State and Alabama aren't in the final game? As it stands right now Fla State and Auburn ARE the best two teams in the country. They proved it on the field. Alabama doesn't deserve to be considered because they lost their mojo on the field where Auburn showed their mojo is alive and well. Nobody took Ohio State seriously because they are in a weak Big 10 conference with a very young and inexperienced defense. Right now I think the best two teams are in the right game. I've said it before, the BCS has got it right a lot more than they've gotten it wrong. This four team playoff will have the 5, 6 and 7 teams crying foul and when the NCAA goes to an 8 team playoff the 9, 10 and 11 teams will be pissed. Etcetera, etcetera, etcetera. I'll miss the BCS. I miss the traditional bowl games for what they were. The fact is, I miss the old conferences before all this consolidation business. It's all about money and chasing the all-mighty dollar ain't always a good thing. Like or not the old Cyndi Lauper song, "Money Changes Everything" applies to the NCAA football landscape dead on.