PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Nation Week 16

eagle eye
12-19-2013, 05:22 PM
This is it, folks. At least for a good many fantasy football leagues this will be the week that decides who gets bragging rights for the next year and possibly a little cash and/or maybe a trophy. In the two leagues I was in this year it was competitive a heck. Boomer is in both the leagues I'm in and he made the semi finals in both. He lost in one league by a mere 6.5 points. I made the playoffs in the league I'm commissioner of and I lost because my opponent had Peyton Manning who went completely off in that game. It didn't help that my QB played on Monday Night Football against the Bears in sub freezing weather. Yep, that's right. Tony Romo is my QB. Sue me! (Ha)
In my other league I was tied with 5 other guys in a twelve team league for the last two spots and I can up short because injuries devastated my roster causing me to lose my last two games. At any rate, for those of you playing for all the marbles in your league, good luck. Thank goodness that the whole of the NFL still has something worthwhile to play for making all the players in fantasy leagues in play as well. In play as long as they are not injured. That's the caveat here as it is every week so let's take a look at the most recent injury reports.

NY Giants - Victor Cruz' season is over. He underwent knee surgery today. It's the last straw in this frustratingly bad season for Big Blue.

Washington Redskins - It was announced that TE Jordan Reed is out for the rest of the season due to lingering effects of a concussion.

Green Bay Packers - Randall Cobb returned to practice yesterday and could be active Sunday. Aaron Rodgers is practicing but taking 2nd team reps. It is being reported that he looks pretty good in practice and it just appears that he's just waiting on getting a medical clearance to play. Losses by both Detroit and Chicago last week means that the Pack is still in the hunt for the Norris Division title. Eddie Lacey did not practice yesterday and his status needs to be looked at as the week progresses.

Carolina Panthers - Steve Smith did not practice today due to a dislocated finger but he is expected to play this week.

Buffalo Bills - Stevie Johnson will not play this week due to the death of his mother this week.

Denver Broncos - Looks like Wes Welker will not play this week because of lingering effects of his latest concussion suffered two weeks ago. Champ Bailey may play this week against the Texans. He has been in only 3 games this season because of a foot injury finishing only one.

Minnesota Vikings - Good news for Adrian Peterson fantasy owners because, after the way he looked in practice yesterday, his coach Leslie Frazier said that he looked like he should be good to go. AP missed practice today to get treatment on his foot but apparently that isn't a big deal. It may be wise to keep Matt Asiata in your pocket just in case.

New England Patriots - Yesterday saw the return of WR's Aaron Dobson and Kenbrell Thompkins to Patriots practice. Thompkins especially looked good in his return to practice. The offense got another boost with the return of OT Nate Solder who has been out due to a concussion.

eagle eye
12-21-2013, 02:11 PM
Injury updates from NFL.com.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000301143/article/what-you-need-to-know-about-week-16s-injury-report

eagle eye
12-23-2013, 09:10 AM
There are some interesting things to consider as the 2013 season ends.

Like who is the biggest surprise fantasy guy? Could it be St Louis' Zac Stacey? Or maybe it's Alshon Jeffery.

Who is the biggest disappointment? Chris Johnson? Drew Brees? Eli Manning?

Who is going to help me out in Week 17? Some leagues finish this coming weekend and the last game of the year is between the Eagles and the Cowboys on Sunday night. Last week was the first non-Thursday game and Week 17 has no Monday night game. There are still some teams with something to fight for so it should make those with their fantasy season finales worth a look.

One more week and the main focus of fantasy football will be over. I know many play formats for the NFL playoffs and the new money fantasy sites will still be going strong but the traditional fantasy formats will be over for 2013. It's been a great year and some really bizarre things have happened to make things really interesting. As usual, good planning, a good draft and a good bit of luck have made a lot of fantasy owners really happy. As for the rest of us, well it has been a wild ride.

This will be my last FN post for this season. I've had fun and I hope the info I posted was helpful. Boomer and I are working on getting details together so we can resume our pod casts. Our day jobs have been an awful intrusion to the labor of love that is our FN work. Boomer has the added hell of buying a new house, closing and OMG moving. We'll be back soon---I hope!

LUSportsFan
12-23-2013, 09:21 AM
I have to admit that I am probably one of the few who never participated in a fantasy league. Even so, I have found the fantasy posts very informative for just following the sport. Looking forward to future fantasy posts.

Sent from my Android device using Tapatalk 2

eagle eye
12-23-2013, 10:58 AM
I have to admit that I am probably one of the few who never participated in a fantasy league. Even so, I have found the fantasy posts very informative for just following the sport. Looking forward to future fantasy posts.

Sent from my Android device using Tapatalk 2

Thanks, we appreciate it!