PDA

View Full Version : Marcus Smart Suspended Three Games

eagle eye
02-10-2014, 07:37 PM
For those who don't know Marcus Smart is, he a star hoopster for Oklahoma State. He actually opted to stay at OSU after last season because he loves the school and his teammates and he wanted to come back to try to win a national championship and OSU was certainly looking like contenders up to a couple of weeks ago when they began a 6 game slide. On Saturday the Cowboys were in Lubbock taking on the Red Raiders in a conference matchup. At one point late in the game Smart was running down a Red Raider player who had a breakaway when his momentum landed him the first few rows of the arena. Smart got up and was about to go back on the court when a 50 something guy who should know better said something so heinous Smart got mad enough to push the man down. The man admitted he said something to Smart along the lines of calling him a piece of trash but to an experienced player like Smart it would have to have been a lot worse and more personal than that. It has been rumored that the man made a racial slur. Smart, rightfully, got suspended 3 games. You just cannot have players attacking fans but what happens when fans, especially ones old enough to know better act up? I'm sorry, that's not being a fan, it's being a jerk. One that probably deserves to get punched. I have friends and family who have ties to the Big Twelve and everyone hates going to Lubbock. Despises may be a better word. The only black mark in a stellar career for Britney Griner at Baylor was the suspension she received for punching a Red Raider who committed a flagrant foul that somehow the refs missed during a game in Lubbock. Griner deserved to be suspended because, again, you just don't resolve your problems with violence. But it was in Lubbock, man. A place where you don't even get help from the refs. This notion of being a good fan includes insulting the opposing players is nuts. My son hates going to pro football games because of an incident at the Texans inaugural game in Houston that almost ended up in fist fight and me and my son would have been right in the middle. Cooler heads prevailed but I understand why people don't like to go to games. Drunk people who can't hold their liquor screaming obscenities for 3 hours. Not my idea of a good time. We need to do better. By all means scream and yell but don't be profane and don't get personal or racial. Kids are there watching. Have some respect for fellow fans.

Card Nation
02-10-2014, 08:50 PM
I could not agree more. I went to 'one' Texans game with my boys and despised it due to the idiots sitting around us. Will not go back.