PDA

View Full Version : Astros on TV Tonight! 5-30-14

eagle eye
05-30-2014, 07:00 PM
Today is the annual Civil Rights Game and the blackout rules have been lifted. It is being shown on the MLB Network. Both the Astros and the Orioles are wearing throwback uniforms of old Negro League teams in their home area. The Astros are wearing the unis of the only Negro League team in Texas, the Houston Eagles, who played in the 1949 and 1950 seasons. Right now at 8:00 PM the Astros are down 1-0 to Baltimore in the bottom of the 3rd. Don't miss this rare opportunity to see the Astros play. Hopefully, they will continue their win streak!

eagle eye
05-30-2014, 07:33 PM
I had to turn the sound off because either this was an Orioles broadcast team or they are so pro-Baltimore it's sickening. The only good thing I have heard them say was that the Juice Box is a beautiful stadium. Cut off the sound and I'm listening to the Houston radio broadcast.

eagle eye
05-30-2014, 07:43 PM
I hate when Houston does this. They are making a VERY average pitcher, Miguel Gonzalez look like a cotton picking Hall of Famer. So far the Astros have had on two base runner, one on a walk and one hit batsman and Gonzalez has a no-hitter going through 5 innings.
Score is 1-0 O's on a base hit in the 2nd by James Hardy that drove in Adam Jones who got on base with a double to lead off the inning. Brett Oberholzer is pitching a good game, he deserves a little help from the offense.

eagle eye
05-30-2014, 08:03 PM
Altuve gets Houston's first hit by hustling out a an infield single that ca-lose! Springer got hosed on a bad call for strike 3, Altuve steals 2nd while Springer is batting. Fowler walks and Castro flies out to deep right center. Dammit. At least the Astros got a hit. Oberholzer still in the game in the top of the 7th.

eagle eye
05-30-2014, 08:14 PM
Oberholzer is doing great so far. Through 7 innings he's only thrown 80 pitches and given up just 4 hits. In the top of the 7th I think he got hosed because the official scorer gave the O's Chris Davis a hit on a sinking line drive to center that Dexter Fowler misplayed. I though it should have been an error on Fowler. Houston can't get a break from their home official scorer for beans. That's just wrong. Houston is coming up in the bottom of the 7th with Matt Dominguez leading off.

eagle eye
05-30-2014, 08:40 PM
The Astros take the lead in the 7th! Matt Dominguez led off with a double, Chris Carter struck out on 4 pitches and looked bad in the process. Alex Pressley singled to right moving Dominguez to 3rd but the right fielder missed the cutoff man and Pressley tried to advance to 2nd and got thrown out. Bonehead base running. 1st and 3rd with one out is way better than a man on 3rd with 2 out. Anyway, Robbie Grossman picked up Pressley by doubling just over the glove of left fielder Steve Pearce's glove as he was running toward the left field wall scoring Pressley to tie the game. Jonathan Villar came up, in dire need of a hit to help break out of the terrible slump he's been in, doubled just over the outstretched glove of LF Steve Pearce as he was running toward the left field wall. The O's pulled Miguel Gonzalez and brought in reliever Darren O'Day. O'Day didn't even have to throw a pitch because he caught Villar too far off base and picked him off for the last out of the inning.

I'm nervous because Bo Porter sent reliever Kyle Farnsworth. Farnsworth got the first two hitters out in the 8th before giving up a walk to Caleb Joseph. Porter has pulled Farnsworth and is bringing in Tony Sipp. I have a lot more confidence in Sipp. I'm cool with this move. I'm glad the Heat are blowing out the Pacers, I could take two close games.

eagle eye
05-30-2014, 08:46 PM
You gotta be kidding me. Sipp allows a single to Nick Markakis. O's on first and 2nd with two out. Sipp out Qualls in. Shit this is killing me.

eagle eye
05-30-2014, 08:48 PM
Qualls retires Steve Pearce on a fly ball to left. Lord I hope Houston can get some insurance in the bottom of the 8th. Jose Altuve is leading off the inning. Time to check the Heat-Pacers game.

eagle eye
05-30-2014, 08:56 PM
Altuve lines out weakly to right field. Springer strikes out. This ends his run of hits and homers. Time start new tomorrow. Dexter Fowler grounds out to first. The O's pitcher O'Day is a sidearm pitcher and he retired the Astros pretty easily.

Okay, Chad Qualls. One pitch one out to end the 8th. Time to close the door now.

eagle eye
05-30-2014, 08:58 PM
Nelson Cruz down on strikes. 1 out.

eagle eye
05-30-2014, 08:59 PM
Adam Jones pops up a bunt attempt and Jason Castro come out from behind the plate to make the catch. 2 out.

eagle eye
05-30-2014, 09:03 PM
Chad Qualls gets Chris Davis on wicked sinker that traveled from the left side of the plate to the right on a controversial called 3rd strike to retire the side and giving Houston their 7th win in row and they are guaranteed with a split with the O's as they head into the weekend. Whew! Maybe it's a good thing I can't watch these games on a regular basis I'm worn out. Now to check on the Heat.

Big T
05-31-2014, 02:17 AM
I missed the televised game! Lol Kept up on it on my phone though. Another great game.