PDA

View Full Version : Best Steakhouse?

\m/
07-28-2014, 08:33 PM
I'll be heading into Beaumont here in the near future for work and wondered what the best steakhouse is in town now adays? I;ve heard Saltgrass is good and there is a Texas Roadhouse down there but what's everyones favorite place?

Big T
07-28-2014, 09:14 PM
I am not a steakhouse type of guy but here are a few tat I have eaten at. Cattle Company has killer bread and not bad food, Roadhouse which you have already mentioned, Logan's, and Outback. If you are looking for a good burger the best in the area is at Romero's in Twin City. It is a little bitty hole in the wall that does TexMex food but their Romero's Burger is by far the best burger in this area. Hamburger Depot runs a distant second. I wish we still had Grubby's but it went out of business a while back. Their burgers were almost as good as Romero's. I will also suggest Larry's which is a Cajun place that is fantastic, Butchers Corner and Eaton Meats for BBQ, Jojo ad Tokyo for Chinese, Sake for Sushi, New York Pizza and Pasta and Tuscany for Italian, and Floyd's for Seafood. I do not eat TexMex food so I can't really suggest much in that department but if you head to Houston I can give you the name of some fantastic Spanish Tapas Restaurants.

eagle eye
07-29-2014, 08:04 PM
Saltgrass tastes good but no matter how you ask your steak to be cooked it comes out rare/medium rare. I've heard the chicken at Saltgrass is good but I don't go to steak houses to eat chicken. So far, the Roadhouse is the best of the lot IMO. I disagree with Big T about the best sushi. I like Tokyo best. There's a restaurant west of Central Mall on just south of Regional Drive street that has good food, including burgers, with a 50's décor.

KABrother88
07-29-2014, 08:20 PM
I prefer Outback because I like the spices they use...Saltgrass to me is just an overpriced decent steak...my wife always gets a kids meal steak at Roadhouse but I haven't tried a "steak" there...use "" cause a lot of times I get the sirloin tips over mashed potatoes...it's good but couldn't tell you if it's good not covered in gravy lol. But hands down the best steakhouse is my house when I cook em lol

LU Cardinal
07-29-2014, 09:12 PM
dude, hit up Fitch Hutton in Nederland and get the Steak Dianne. You wont regret it!

Big T
07-29-2014, 10:38 PM
dude, hit up Fitch Hutton in Nederland and get the Steak Dianne. You wont regret it!

Is it still open? If so then it is one of the best restaurants in the area. It also has a pretty adventurous menu.

Mike
07-29-2014, 10:52 PM
Is it still open? If so then it is one of the best restaurants in the area. It also has a pretty adventurous menu.

Yep. It's still open as of last week.

Adams
08-11-2014, 11:33 AM
Wheelhouse makes a mean steak, Carrabas has an excellent Filet. Excellent.

CS
08-14-2014, 08:27 AM
When the best steak in your area is Saltgrass, you live in a crappy area. This area has no vision, no leadership and it flat out stinks. That being said, I go to Saltgrass for my steaks. But it's because of the baked potato soup.

LAZEEK
08-17-2014, 08:03 AM
Actually Beaumont Country Club has the best steak in town. You do not have to be a member to eat in the clubhouse either. Proper dress is required though.

Card Nation
08-17-2014, 05:21 PM
Great thread guys. I have eaten at the Saltgrass in Beaumont and I enjoyed it thoroughly. I went there due to familiarity because I eat at the one near my home as well. The food is consistently good for my tastes. However, I will look to try some of the spots that you all have mentioned.

LUSportsFan
08-18-2014, 10:19 AM
When the best steak in your area is Saltgrass, you live in a crappy area. This area has no vision, no leadership and it flat out stinks. That being said, I go to Saltgrass for my steaks. But it's because of the baked potato soup.

...or you could live some place like Houston where there are great nationally known steak places, but you usually end up driving a minimum of 30 minutes in very heavy traffic to get there...closer to an hour. If you are like I am, you'll usually settle for the close good ones like Salt Grass, Texas Roadhouse, Pappas, and Outback as well as others mentioned in this thread. :) There may be more selection in larger cities, but there are advantages to being in areas like the Triangle.

For local restaurants, how are the steaks at Suga's in downtown Beaumont?
Too bad Katherine & Company in the Mildred Building in Beaumont doesn't have steak on the menu. The other food I have had there is delicious.
I usually think of seafood at Floyds, but I noticed their name is Floyds Cajun Seafood and Texas Steakhouse. Are the steaks any good there?

Many years ago, JJ's Steakhouse in north Beaumont had some of the best steaks I've had anywhere, but changed hands after the owner died. The successor is closed now so that one is out.

One that I'd put in the "worth a visit" would be the Cattle Company of Texas on Eastex Freeway in Beaumont. I have been there with family several times. I've always been pleased. Based on past experience, I'd go back there, but it has been a while since the last visit.

Even so, I'm usually interested in seafood when I come to the area so I don't really look for steak houses.