08-06-2014, 03:03 PM
Here's mine:

1. Green Bay Packers- Defense must improve but they have Aaron Rogers
2. Chicago Bears- 3-team fight for the division has the Bears finishing 2nd
3. Detroit Lions- Loads of talent but I just don't trust them
4. Minnesota Vikings- Need some better QB play

eagle eye
08-06-2014, 05:43 PM
1. Green Bay - Aaron Rodgers is the difference and it won't hurt if Clay Matthews can stay healthy.
2. Chicago - The Bears need to stay healthy too especially Jay Cutler now that Josh McCown has up and left for Tampa. Jordan Palmer and Jimmy Clausen don't exactly give you that warm and fuzzy feeling as the only vets on the roster. I guess the Bears could go with rookie QB David Fales but it's rare a team puts all of their eggs in a rookie quarterback basket.
4. Detroit - One of two NFC North teams with a new coaching staff. You hope the offense keeps at least some of the Scott Linehan scheme since it was pretty successful. I know nothing about new defensive coordinator Teryl Austin other than except for 2010 at the University of Florida this is his first gig as a DC in the NFL. He has been a DB coach in the NFL for Seattle, Arizona and Baltimore since 2003 except for the aforementioned 2010 season. So, this guy is travelling uncharted territory. Fortunately, he's got a mentor in head coach Jim Caldwell. Trouble is Caldwell is an offensive coach. Oh well.
3. Minnesota - If not for Mathew Stafford and Megatron and the other offensive weapons in Detroit I may have opted for the Vikes over Detroit. There is no Jared Allen on the defense for the first time in like forever but maybe it was time to get younger. The 2nd team with a new coaching staff in the division may actually have the better of this intangible. There is a Cowboys reunion of sorts with new head coach Mike Zimmer who was a defensive assistant when new OC Norv Turner had the same job in Dallas. Reports are that late first round pick Teddy Bridgewater has been impressive in training camp and he is taking first team reps. High first round pick LB Anthony Barr will be looking to step in for the departed Allen. Allen isn't dead he just departed for Chicago--come to think of it he may be dead to Vikings fans, figuratively speaking. Okay I've talked myself into something crazy. Minnesota is now #3 and Detroit is #4.

Mbooyazz
08-06-2014, 07:37 PM
1. Bears- Cutler, Marshall, and Forte will mesh well finally....not 85 Bears, but they will be impressive.
2. Packers- Rodgers has to have a down year...no stud receiver or rb IMO, and defense will be less than stellar. GB management getting too comfortable with great qb.

3. Lions- stafford/tron....that's all

4. Vikings- Peterson...no purple people eaters.

Twin Daddy
08-06-2014, 09:02 PM
1. Green Bay -- Rodgers finds a way to get it done again despite not having a ton of talent around him.

2. Detroit -- I think the amount of offensive talent on this team leads them to a Wild Card despite a marginal defense.

3. Chicago -- A lot of talent here, but Forte is getting to the point where he will start declining rapidly after so many carries and Cutler just isn't going to be the guy to take this team to the top.

4. Minnesota -- On the way back, but this is a really tough division. Bridgewater will look good as a rookie and will develop into a solid starter with time.

eagle eye
08-07-2014, 05:43 AM
1. Bears- Cutler, Marshall, and Forte will mesh well finally....not 85 Bears, but they will be impressive.
2. Packers- Rodgers has to have a down year...no stud receiver or rb IMO, and defense will be less than stellar. GB management getting too comfortable with great qb.

3. Lions- stafford/tron....that's all

4. Vikings- Peterson...no purple people eaters.

Welcome to the site Mbooyazz. I do disagree that the Packers don't have a stud running back. I think Eddie Lacey is pretty darn good. I think that a stat line of 284 carries for 1178 yards and 11 TDs along with 35 receptions for 257 yards with only one fumble for last year is pretty studly. Add the fact that Aaron Rodgers missed a good chunk of the season which only made yards harder to come by for Lacey and the fact he was only a rookie last year---yep, pretty studly. I guarantee that Lacey will be no worse than a top 10 fantasy running back if not a top 5 guy. Lacey is a legit bell cow back along the lines of Adrian Peterson, Jamaal Charles, LeSean McCoy and DeMarco Murray because he is a 3 down back who doesn't have to come off the field on 3rd down because he's so good as a receiver. As for the rest of your list I don't disagree with anything else you said. The Bears could very well win the division. The media has a huge man-crush on Aaron Rodgers and I think they may overrate the Packers as a result.