PDA

View Full Version : Calling your Shots: NFC SOUTH

Mike
08-07-2014, 07:52 AM
Here's mine:

1. New Orleans- Drew Brees has a solid season and the Saints reclaim the division
2. Atlanta- Improved over the offseason
3. Tampa Bay- I like Lovie and combined with what I consider good off-season moves the Bucs will improve.
4. Carolina- Bad offseason losses and Cam had surgery, not to mention in recent history no one has repeated as division champs

Go....

Hey Guy
08-07-2014, 01:21 PM
New Orleans
Atlanta
Tampa
Panthers ==== Hey guy, that was easy

eagle eye
08-07-2014, 05:39 PM
1. New Orleans - Who Dat? nation is still in the driver's seat but the other three teams are closing the gap.
2. Tampa Bay - This is actually a pickem between Atlanta and the Bucs. Atlanta isn't all that much better on defense. They will have Roddy White and Julio Jones back with will help but they need to find a replacement for TE Tony Gonzalez. Stephen Jackson is hurt again and his availability is in question for opening day. Tampa now has a coach in Lovie Smith that doesn't flat piss off everyone around. His specialty is defense so that side of the ball should be better and I think the injuries suffered last year the RB position is 4 deep with quality backs. Lovie is the kicker here. Tampa is #2.
3. Atlanta - See #2 above.
4. Carolina - Good team-too many holes not filled.

Twin Daddy
08-08-2014, 09:23 PM
1. New Orleans -- The best in the division this year; just way too much offensive firepower.

2. Tampa Bay -- I agree with Eagle Eye that the coaching upgrade is enormous here. Lovie's a good coach; Greg Schiano was a joke. There's a lot of raw talent on this team, and I think they'll step up to respectability this year.

3. Carolina -- Too many losses--the offensive line is decimated by retirements and Cam Newton just can't do it all himself.

4. Atlanta -- Maybe I'm wrong here, but I think this team still stinks. Matt Ryan's good, and Julio Jones being back healthy will help, but I still don't see a running game or a decent defense.