PDA

View Full Version : Calling your shots: NFC EAST

eagle eye
08-14-2014, 05:32 AM
Maybe Mike has been too busy or he didn't want to open a can worms but it's time to rank the NFC East.

1. Dallas - I haven't seen anything that doesn't say that Dallas can't win the East. Top five offense featuring a top notch O-line. Romo's fantasy numbers may go down because I think Scott Linehan won't be as pass happy as Bill Callahan and he will lean more heavily on the run game which will help keep the defense off the field. Everything depends on the defense staying healthy, new mike LB Rolando McClain being all that and the emergence of a decent free safety.
2. Philadelphia - Philly is right there but despite Nick Foles being all that for the Eagles last year Dallas beat 'em twice. I don't believe Foles is going to go the whole season with just 2 picks. Hell, he had 2 picks in his first preseason game. Gaining Darren Sproles will help but losing DeSean Jackson is going to be huge. Riley Cooper is good but he ain't no D-Jax.
3. NY Giants - I really thought I would rank Big Blue higher but I just couldn't. Their defense isn't all that much better and you have to wonder if the new OC can out of Eli what Kevin Gilbride was able to do.
4. Washington - This could be a huge sleeper team with the offensive weapons they have. I really don't think the 'Skins have done much to make the defense appreciably better.

This is a better division than you'd really think. It will be competitive from top to bottom and it will fun and nerve wracking watching it all unfold.

CS
08-14-2014, 08:31 AM
Well I've seen plenty that says that Dallas can't win the East. You can do better than this. Do you know how I know you're a Cowboys fan? You picked Dallas first in the East. I'm sure it will be a Dallas v Houston Super Bowl this year. Good grief.

Philadelphia - This won't be close. The Eagles will absolutely destroy the weakest division in Football for 2014

Washington - The Skins have the pieces to make a decent run but they don't have the firepower to stop the Eagles and Chip Kelly

NY Giants - They are not going to be good this year.

Dallas - 8 - 8 at BEST and 6-10 is more likely...... however I'll split and say Dallas goes 7 -9 this season. Jerry Jones has got to go. What an embarrassment for a once very proud franchise.

Hey Guy
08-14-2014, 10:32 AM
Hey guy, I"m going to actually have to agree with this CS poster above who says Philadelphia will win the NFC East guy. Gang, the writing is on the walls.

Philadelphia Eagles - They could make a deep playoff run and could be a thorn in the side of East foes for a while

NY Giants - I just can't go against the Coach and Eli. Inconsistent yet they somehow manage to win games. I see 9-7

Washington - Skins will be tough. If they remain healthy they could take the second spot

Dallas - It's a dumpster fire in Arlington. An absolute dumpster fire. It smells bad and it looks bad.

eagle eye
08-15-2014, 02:21 PM
Well I've seen plenty that says that Dallas can't win the East. You can do better than this. Do you know how I know you're a Cowboys fan? You picked Dallas first in the East. I'm sure it will be a Dallas v Houston Super Bowl this year. Good grief.

Philadelphia - This won't be close. The Eagles will absolutely destroy the weakest division in Football for 2014

Washington - The Skins have the pieces to make a decent run but they don't have the firepower to stop the Eagles and Chip Kelly

NY Giants - They are not going to be good this year.

Dallas - 8 - 8 at BEST and 6-10 is more likely...... however I'll split and say Dallas goes 7 -9 this season. Jerry Jones has got to go. What an embarrassment for a once very proud franchise.

The fact that you don't agree Dallas has a shot and the obvious man-crush you have on Chip Kelly tells me my post wasn't the only biased one on this thread. CS you classified the NFC East as the weakest division in football is wrong. Top to bottom the AFC South has to be considered the weakest based on last year's results which is the only thing we have to go on at this time. That and one preseason game where the starters for the most part played one quarter on average. I'll stand by my rankings and I will certainly enjoy reminding the haters at the end of the year if I'm right. If I'm wrong I will eat my slice of humble pie.

CS
08-15-2014, 03:08 PM
Get ready for some pie. Grab some milk. I have no dog in the fight. I'm not biased at all. My team is Seattle. Always has been. I call it like I see it, and when you don't have blue blinders on it's clear, Dallas is not a good football team.
There is one decent team in that division. Philadelphia.
There is one decent team in AFC south. Indy
So I'll give you a push. It's the two worst divisions in football. Happy?

eagle eye
08-15-2014, 05:31 PM
Blue blinders, eh? I think I am usually pretty well able to keep things in perspective despite the fact that I am an admitted homer and as I've said before the problem will be the defense. If certain players don't step up and play and injuries and, in the case of Orlando Scandrick suspensions, don't derail the defense they can be average on defense. I didn't say good, I said average. If that happens the offense which IS good can carry the day. Last season, Dallas beat Philly in Philly and they had a real shot at beating them again when they played the last game of the season with a backup QB. I actually fail to see how you fail to see this. How long suffering a Seahawks fan are you? When you say "always have been" how long a span is that? Were you a fan when they were pretty awful? Were you a fan when they couldn't even sniff a playoff spot or did you begin to like them when they went to the Super Bowl and lost (unfairly I might add) to Pittsburgh? How long has your loyalty been? Seattle is a long way from SE Texas, what about them drew you in? I'm not mocking here I am really interested.

Twin Daddy
08-19-2014, 08:31 PM
Philadelphia -- I'm still not completely sold on Nick Foles, but this team has too many weapons not to be the class of this division.

Washington -- I might be crazy, but I think upgrading from the world's most overrated coach (Shanahan) and a healthier RG3 will make this team much better. That said, much better will mean "lingering around .500"

Allas -- There's no "D" in "Dallas"... which is a shame, because they'd be pretty darn good if they had even a decent defense.

NY Giants -- Maybe I'm wrong, but I think here is your dumpster fire. The Giants are bad. Manning's cooked. I think this team is a 5 win team at best.