PDA

View Full Version : VBookie & VCash Software Added

Mike
08-26-2014, 08:59 PM
We'll see if we can make this option popular among members. VBookie is a virtual event where you can "bet" on games that we post as an event. For instance, this test event will be:

Grambling State @ Lamar (-20.5)

Every account on our site starts with a set amount of virtual cash ($500 now) which is listed under your profiles on the left side. You can "bet" an amount on these posted events to gain or potentially lose your vCash. If it takes off and we can come up with some ground rules it makes for some potentially fun contest. For example, maybe do a set amount of vBookie events a week and the person with the most vCash at the end of the month could win some sort of prize like a BRI.com t-shirt or a round at BCC, etc We could even have the prizes set up as a fixed cost that could be "purchased" with the winners vCash. Or on the other end of the spectrum if you run our of vCash before the end of the month and want more you could provide a small donation to the site to re-up.

Those are just a random few thoughts I had on the feature which I think could be a lot of fun. I'll need to see how it works and what tweaks need to be made before setting some sort of official contest up using the vBookie. For now I hope you all will wager on the 5 or so events I place on our forums each week. I'd also like to hear your thoughts on this and any other idea's you may have to spark a little interest in the site.

Thanks!

Mike

TBonesLU
08-27-2014, 07:18 AM
Nice addition, Mike...should be fun without hurting the actual bank.

CS
08-27-2014, 11:37 AM
Probably the coolest thing I've seen on any message board. Good feature.

Big T
08-27-2014, 12:11 PM
This could be a lot of fun. The things you and the guys are doing with this site are phenomenal!

KABrother88
08-27-2014, 12:34 PM
Probably the coolest thing I've seen on any message board. Good feature.

STOP THE PRESS...CS with a positive comment...holy cow