PDA

View Full Version : Josh Gordon suspension

CS
08-27-2014, 11:28 AM
Absolutely ridiculous on the part of the NFL. A full season for weed, but guys who hit a receiver in the head or beat a woman get 2 games? Ben Roethlisberger rapes and woman and gets 4?
What in the hell is the NFL thinking?

KABrother88
08-27-2014, 11:59 AM
Not defending the NFL cause I think that other suspensions should be more severe than what they are...but the rules clearly state what the repurcussions are for repeat offenders in the NFL drug policy...bend the rules for one guy you have to bend them for everybody. More people should be pissed that Josh Gordon is pissing away millions of dollars cause he can't follow the rules.

BigRedPecker
08-28-2014, 10:23 AM
It's easy Josh, stay away from the funny weed and you play football, have fun and make lots of money. It's really a very simple concept.

\m/
08-29-2014, 07:21 AM
I read the NFL is considering a lifetime ban for domestic abuse repeat offenders. We'll thats about time!!!

LUSportsFan
08-29-2014, 09:28 AM
I read the NFL is considering a lifetime ban for domestic abuse repeat offenders. We'll thats about time!!!

I think they approved it if I read the crawler correctly last night. 6 game suspension for the first time. Life-time ban for the second.

KABrother88
08-29-2014, 11:20 AM
I think they approved it if I read the crawler correctly last night. 6 game suspension for the first time. Life-time ban for the second.

Yes...effective immediately...also, the league can go for more than the 6 game ban for first time if: "an employee was involved in a prior incident before joining the NFL; violence involving a weapon; choking, repeated striking, or when the act is committed against a pregnant woman; or in the presence of a child."

eagle eye
08-30-2014, 09:24 AM
The new domestic violence protocol is a direct result of the Ray Rice suspension and backlash Roger Goodell got from virtually everyone about how the NFL league office botched the handling of that situation.
The Josh Gordon thing is this just like KABro and BRP posted you know the rules and if you value your job stay off the wacky tobacky but he hasn't been able to yet, that's college and pros. The guy has an immense talent and he's throwing away his opportunity.
The difference between Gordon's deal and Rice's is, at the time, the NFL had a definitive policy for substance abuse and the policy for personal conduct was over ten years old and antiquated at that. Now, because the NFL was so heavily critcised they tightened up on the protocol. So people who pointed out the discreptency between Gordon and Rice's case that's why and in the future smoking weed and beating up your girlfried will be a more situation appropiate punishment.