PDA

View Full Version : Seattle's 12th man tradition

CS
09-04-2014, 06:44 PM
Wow. What a great tradition Seattle has there. Raising the 12 flag, get the crowd into it right away. Pretty amazing to watch. I don't think there is a better crowd in the NFL. The 12th man idea was a great move by Seattle. Just great.

BigRedPecker
09-04-2014, 07:15 PM
It's definitely a tough win on the road. You don't see many of the NFL stadiums get that loud.

Adams
09-04-2014, 07:24 PM
I'm jealous of Seattle. As a Texans fan I wish we would have thought of something like that. Pretty amazing to watch. Equivalent to a soccer crowd in the world cup. LOUD!!!

Hey Guy
09-04-2014, 07:31 PM
Hey Guy, watching this Seattle team... you guys are right gang. Them fans are loud as heck. Team, we need to get Lamar to a point where they are as loud as these good people in Washington. I know we aren't much but Beaumont can rally around our kids. Show some Big Red Pride! Guy!

Big T
09-05-2014, 07:05 AM
I'm jealous of Seattle. As a Texans fan I wish we would have thought of something like that. Pretty amazing to watch. Equivalent to a soccer crowd in the world cup. LOUD!!!

It is equivalent to a Seattle Sounders MLS regular season match. I think the Texans fans in Reliant is one of the loudest venues in the NFL.

eagle eye
09-05-2014, 10:16 AM
NRG Stadium (formerly Reliant) is loud as hell when the fans get cranked up. I was at the opening game in 2001 when Houston beat Dallas for the first win by an expansion franchise ever. My ears rang for days afterward.

As for getting Lamar to open up like that. It would be sweet but we could use more fans in the stands as well. Traditionally, folks don't go to Lamar football games. Likely because Lamar hasn't been a winning program in football. Maybe we need a "yell practice" like A&M has or something like that. I would love it if we could make Humphrey stadium a place visiting teams hate to go to because of the noise and fans. Not fans being douche bags but loud and enthusiastic.

BigRedPecker
09-05-2014, 11:31 AM
Maybe we need a "yell practice" like A&M has or something like that.

uhhh, pass.