PDA

View Full Version : What other team do you follow?

Adams
03-28-2011, 11:00 PM
Just wanted to get a feel of the board. Are you only a Lamar fan? Do you follow the Aggies or Horns? Someone else?
Obviously with my avatar I am a Longhorn fan. I did not attend the school because I joined the Air Force instead of going to school first.
Wish there was a poll option. Is there a poll option? I hate polls anyway.

bigred360
03-28-2011, 11:07 PM
Yea, UT is a distant second and UH is a distant third. Otherwise, I'm just a sports fan.

LU4LIFE
03-28-2011, 11:26 PM
For me when it comes to college athletics I root for all the Texas schools, but Lamar is the only school I follow.

CardinalClaw
03-28-2011, 11:28 PM
Sometimes I watch UT or A&M but I am pretty much just a LAMAR fan.

jdcurran235
03-28-2011, 11:59 PM
I root for all texas schools but they are all a distant second to LU

PNG1992
03-29-2011, 12:02 AM
LU Grad/fan, Hornfan, but you already knew that. ;)

BTW, Poll option is on the way.

LUFAN
03-29-2011, 12:03 AM
I follow a few different teams.. I am from the Northwest (Washington and Montana) and I follow Gonzaga for basketball. I also follow Montana and Boise State in football.. that is about all other than Lamar, which is the number one team I follow.

CardAmbassador
03-29-2011, 12:14 AM
Lamar's my one and only all others are just opponents in my mind. If I end up going to A&M I might root for them when I'm there but they will never take the place of my Cardinals.

PNG1992
03-29-2011, 12:16 AM
Lamar's my one and only all others are just opponents in my mind. If I end up going to A&M I might root for them when I'm there but they will never take the place of my Cardinals.

Just don't drink the Kool-Aide.

lu cards
03-29-2011, 02:42 AM
i only really care when lamar is involved but i like notre dame.quit buying other schools gear a long time ago.notre dame doesnt need my money.

CardAmbassador
03-29-2011, 02:45 AM
i only really care when lamar is involved but i like notre dame.quit buying other schools gear a long time ago.notre dame doesnt need my money.

100% agree with that statement.

LUSportsFan
03-29-2011, 03:59 PM
Here's my order of support.

1. I follow both A&M and Lamar. I graduated from both schools, but those would have been the universities that I followed anyway.

For A&M, I'm a third generation Aggie. My grandfather indoctrinated us early as he was an avid Aggie fan. :)

For Lamar, I started following the university in childhood dating back to the Vernon Glass (football) and Jack Martin (basketball) days. I grew up in Beaumont.

I want to see both schools succeed. That makes it tough for me whenever A&M is playing Lamar since my loyalties are pulled in different directions. I still remember watching a basketball game in College Station pitting Lamar against A&M. For the old timers, the Lamar team was the one that had Earl Dow among others on it. (Lamar won by the way.)

2. After those two universities, I follow the remaining teams in in the conferences associated with my primary loyalties. I root for the conference teams during out of conference contests and try to keep up with how the conference teams are doing. It's a little more difficult during intra conference contests unless my teams are involved.