PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Help Week 4DT

eagle eye
09-22-2014, 04:31 PM
I was a slacker last week so I felt I needed to get a jump on things. So, without any further ado, fantasy football players let's get started.

San Diego RB Danny Woodhead is done for 2014 after breaking his fibula (leg) yesterday against the Bills. What that means is you will have to find a new flex player in deep leagues. What that means is Donald Brown is available in many leagues as he fills in for Ryan Matthews who is out with a high ankle sprain. It also means 4th stringer Branden Oliver, the rookie out of Buffalo, will get snaps going forward.

The Steelers defense took some hits in their win over Carolina last night. LB Ryan Shazier sprained his MCL which will probably mean he's out 4-6 weeks while it heals. They also lost Jarvis Jones to a wrist needing surgery to repair. The Steelers also lost Ike Taylor to a broken arm last week. Jones was placed on the Injured Reserve/Designated for Return list today. That is at least 6 weeks.

Carolina is hoping DeAngelo Williams is able to come back from his hamstring injury because the Panthers lost Mike Tolbert for the forseeable future with a hairline crack in his right leg. Jonathan Stewart is going to be held out of practice on Wednesday and Thursday and will be reevaluated Friday after he suffered a severely sprained knee. Carolina's O-line hasn't exactly been opening a lot of holes so far as Carolina is the 29th rushing team in the NFL gaining a skosh over 72 YPG. The Panthers may have to rest their running game on 2nd year player Fozzy Whitaker and Alabama-Birmingham rookie Darren Reaves.

Arian Foster is listed as day to day with his hamstring. Alfred Blue came out in his first NFL start and did a decent job gaining 78 yards on 13 carries (6.0 YPC). Alfred Blue will be a big pickup in fantasy leagues this week.

The Ravens Dennis Pitta is done for the season needing surgery to repair a dislocated hip.

Vikings TE Kyle Rudolph will miss at least six weeks due to a sports hernia he will have surgery to repair.

The Redskins have lost two players on their defense for the season. DB DeAngelo Hall has a torn Achillies and S Duke Ihenacho will miss because of a fractured heel.

Tampa Bay WR Vincent Jackson suffered a break to a small bone in his wrist. He is not expected to miss any time. The Bucs also reported that RB Doug Martin and DT Gerald McCoy both returned to practice today.

It looks like the NFL will have activate Hawkeye and Trapper John and the rest of the M*A*S*H* unit ASAP!

eagle eye
09-24-2014, 09:06 AM
I saw some stats today and I thought they would be of a big surprise to fantasy football players. There are definitely some surprises to be had.

Top 5 Players by Position in Week 3

QBs
1. Kirk Cousins Washington
2. Andrew Luck Indianapolis
3. Austin Davis St Louis
4. Nick Foles Philadelphia
5. Geno Smith NY Jets

RBs
1. Rashad Jennings NY Giants
2. Le'Veon Bell Pittsburgh
3. Knile Davis Kansas City
4. LeGarrett Blount Pittsburgh
5. Lamar Miller Miami

WRs
1. Julio Jones Atlanta
2. Jeremy Maclin Philadelphia
3. Emmanual Sanders Pittsburgh
4. Pierre Garcon Washington
5. DeSean Jackson Washington

TEs
1. Jared Cook St Louis
2. Scott Chandler Buffalo
3. Greg Olsen Carolina
4. Niles Paul Washington
5. Ladarius Green San Diego

I know, right? A lot of unfamiliar names except on the wide receiver list. It's a good bet these players are ones you should be looking to fill injury gaps in your fantasy lineups.

Jacksonville will begin the Blake Bortles era this week so if you need a QB he may be a choice. Another choice is another first time starter, Teddy Bridgewater but the Vikings are facing a very tough Atlanta Falcons team. At least the Vikings are at home.

eagle eye
09-25-2014, 02:44 AM
Damn these Thursday night games sneak up on you! Tonight ought to be a pretty good game with Eli Manning and the Giants fresh off a win over the Texans duking it out with the Washington Redskins in a NFC East division match up. The Giants sort of found themselves at home last Sunday winning for the first time this season. Rashad Jennings was the big gun of the running backs this weekend with well over 100 yards rushing. If you have Jennings he might be worth a play in fantasy. I'm not sure I'd trust him as a RB1 but he's certainly worth a flex play especially since he gained 178 yards rushing last week. Victor Cruz awoke from an extended nap to get 5 receptions for 105 yards and a TD. Is Cruz' performance a breakout of a slump or an anomaly? That's what you need to decide if you own him in your league.
The Redskins are coming off a ridiculous game against the Eagles in which the Skins lost but it was a knock-down drag-out fight both figuratively and literally from start to finish. (Captain) Kirk Cousins threw for 427 yards and 3 TDs last week and he looks like he's going to make Redskin fans say RG-who? Alfred Morris is consistant and if he's healthy should be in your fantasy lineup. Both Pierre Garcon and DeSean Jackson blew up for over 100 yards receiving and each with a TD. In PPR leagues Garcon had 11 catches and Jackson 5. And don't forget Niles Paul. Most fans must have thought when Jordan Reed went out that was the end of any TE scoring from the Redskins but Paul has come on and done a nice job. With bye weeks beginning this week you could consider Paul a plug and play bye week option. Last week he caught 6 balls for 68 yards. He had no TDs but it was a solid 12 point performance by a TE in PPR leagues.

To be honest, this is the first Thursday night game I really give a crap about. I've watched the others flipping channels during commercials but this one I'll likely stick with until the end. I have to scout for the Cowboys after all! LOL!

eagle eye
09-27-2014, 07:32 PM
It's looking like Charlie Whitehirst is going for the Tennessee Titans this week with Jake Locker still nursing and injury.

Detroit nearly lost Matthew Stafford when a truck hit the supports for a pedestrian bridge across the freeway Stafford uses to commute to the Lions practice facility. The driver of the truck died later on at the hospital. Stafford wasn't involved in the actual accident but he was one of the first stopped by debris on the road.

Jamaal Charles is probable for tomorrow's game.

eagle eye
09-28-2014, 06:43 AM
If you want to chat about the games and fantasy today I'm here. If you have some question about who you want to play, maybe I can help. Either way, good luck in your fantasy leagues unless you are playing me.

eagle eye
09-28-2014, 07:49 AM
Some of the latest info for this week's games;

Arian Foster will play today. He has been nursing a hamstring for the last two weeks and he was limited in practice this past week but he's good to go according to Ian Rappaport of NFL.com.

Brandon Marshall will play but he may be limited.

Megatron will play today and should see a full work load.

Vernon Davis will also be in the lineup today. Good news for fantasy owners who have him on their roster and needing a TE.

As reported in an earlier post, Jake Locker is out with a bad wrist and Charlie Whitehurst who has the nickname Clipboard Jesus will get his first start since 2011.

Here are 11 sleepers from NFL.com's Adam Rank to consider this week.

http://www.nfl.com/fantasyfootball/story/0ap3000000400080/article/ranks-11-sleepers-its-lorenzo-taliaferro-time