KJ Dismissed from Football Team

LAZEEK

Was expecting KJ to come into this season with a chip on his shoulder and make an impact on D the way his stint at WR ended...but as lu cards said he's been a non-factor this season on both D and KR/PR. Hard to imagine a SR with a shot (albeit a very long one) at the next level wanting out...makes you think it was some kinda legal trouble...let's hope not though

Former Southland Conference Newcomer of the Year, and 2014 Preseason All-America selection, Kevin Johnson, has been dismissed from the football team for a violation of team rules announced Lamar head coachRay Woodard Thursday morning.

"We have certain guidelines for all of our athletes to follow," said Woodard. "When those standards aren't met, we have to take the appropriate disciplinary action. We wish Kevin all the best as he enters the next chapter in his life."

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/news/article/Kevin-Johnson-dismissed-from-Lamar-football-team-5858470.php?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

It is too bad because KJ has a ton of talent. Is he the last of the Okla St guys Woodard brought in a couple of years ago? I think he is. Every one of those guys were kicked off the OK St Cowboys teams for one reason or another and I guess guys just don't learn. A guy told me a long time ago a leopard can't change his spots and unfortunately it look to be proved true again.

It is too bad because KJ has a ton of talent. Is he the last of the Okla St guys Woodard brought in a couple of years ago? I think he is. Every one of those guys were kicked off the OK St Cowboys teams for one reason or another and I guess guys just don't learn. A guy told me a long time ago a leopard can't change his spots and unfortunately it look to be proved true again.

Of the 3 OSU guys Okafor is the only one left...he and KJ both left OSU voluntarily though...transferred for playing time/closer to home (Houston guys)

Thanks for the correction KABro! I forgot Okafor was the other guy and I stand corrected on the KJ comment. It just goes to show how faulty your memory can be. The RB we had was kicked off the team (OK St) and he left Lamar after a short time. I really thought KJ was a disciplinary thing as well. I'm sorry for being wrong about him and the whole leopard and his spots thing was out of line. KJ is a very athletic individual but we've seen great athletes not succeed for one reason or another. It's too bad about him.