PDA

View Full Version : Texas State 65 Lamar 55

LAZEEK
11-19-2014, 09:49 PM
Pretty sad that nobody posted a link for the game tonight. LU shot the ball poorly in the 1st half, and only managed 17 points in the half. Played much better in the 2nd half. LU Senior Anthony Holliday did not play, and neither did Dontavious Sears.

T. de Lattibeaudiere 14 pts 5 rbds 8 stls 2 blks 3 asst
M. Owens 11 pts
P. Mattingly 8 pts
L. Gregory 6 pts
D. Ross 6 pts
Z. Bosha 6 pts
B. Petty 2 pts
K. Booze 2 pts

FG% - 39.6
FT% - 53.8
3PT% - 35.3
TO - 20

Next Game is at Indiana on Saturday at 7:00pm

Sweet T
11-20-2014, 08:07 AM
The game was closer then the score indicates. Lamar fouled at the end and Texas State shot free throws.

NorthoftheBorder
11-20-2014, 10:40 AM
My brother and nephews were at the game last night. Youngest nephew was one of the ballboys on the Lamar bench. He said LU looked ok and definately had room for improvement with signs of potential. I am not sure how good Tx State is this year.

lu cards
11-20-2014, 12:38 PM
the basketball program is going to have to earn some fan interest back.this will be the 3rd tough year in a row.im not going to judge this team for a few more weeks but not really excited about our prospects this year.really hoping some young players step up and give me something to get excited about.

coachacola
11-20-2014, 01:06 PM

Big Red Pride
11-21-2014, 06:45 AM
Coach Price isn't going to be able to turn things around in one year, given the state of the program when he took over. We need to be patient and show some support as true Lamar fans. Frankly, if we reach double digit wins this year I'll be plseased with the progress. There are some true positives about the first three games. Tyran has the work ethic of a Devon Lamb with an extra 4 inches in height and much greater offensive skills. Bosha as a true freshmen showed the other night he can knock down the three and help spread the floor out. Marcus Owens is a year older and stronger. His shot looks better than it did last year. Anthony Holliday is going to be a solid senior point/shooting guard. Kevin Booze, another true freshmen is showing that if we have 4 years with him he can develop into a very good Southland Conference guard. Lemon Gregory is better than all of the big guys brought in during Pat Knight's tenure. He will be helpful over the next two years when the matchups are right. Dontavious Sears was our most highly touted JUCO recruit this year and he has not made any impact yet. However, he is a big athletic guard/small forward that is going to be a very good player once he learns the system. Mattingly is a hard working, smart player that won't put up big numbers, but will set an example of hard work and scrappiness to the younger guys. I think he will see diminished playing time once Sears gets acclimated, but he is a great guy to have in the program.

We need Donovan Ross to step up. He has been disappointing so far this year. Also, we need one or both of our JUCO point guards to step up.

AggiesAreWe
11-21-2014, 07:34 AM
Pretty sad that nobody posted a link for the game tonight. LU shot the ball poorly in the 1st half, and only managed 17 points in the half. Played much better in the 2nd half. LU Senior Anthony Holliday did not play, and neither did Dontavious Sears.

T. de Lattibeaudiere 14 pts 5 rbds 8 stls 2 blks 3 asst
M. Owens 11 pts
P. Mattingly 8 pts
L. Gregory 6 pts
D. Ross 6 pts
Z. Bosha 6 pts
B. Petty 2 pts
K. Booze 2 pts

FG% - 39.6
FT% - 53.8
3PT% - 35.3
TO - 20

Next Game is at Indiana on Saturday at 7:00pm

Isn't that what you admins are suppose to do? :biggrin:

geezer
11-21-2014, 02:57 PM
No offense intended, but two three pointers in a game doesn't show a lot. Don't get me wrong Bosha is a true freshman and I believe he will improve week to week and become a solid player down the road. His game has to adjust to the D-1 level where the player guarding him is consistently his equal in height and athleticism.

LAZEEK
11-21-2014, 04:59 PM
No offense intended, but two three pointers in a game doesn't show a lot. Don't get me wrong Bosha is a true freshman and I believe he will improve week to week and become a solid player down the road. His game has to adjust to the D-1 level where the player guarding him is consistently his equal in height and athleticism.

And this is accurate with any Freshman. Not sure what you are trying to imply here with this post.

geezer
11-22-2014, 11:00 AM
What I am saying is the fan base shouldn't be too quick to heap praise on newcomers anymore than it should heap criticism on them. LU Basketball as any honest fan knows has fallen to the very bottom of D-1 basketball and even though I believe this is a much better recruiting class than any of the PK recruiting classes it would be a mistake to expect to go from last to first in the SLC. Give all of these players some time to adjust and support them by showing up for games.

LUSportsFan
11-22-2014, 11:16 AM
What I am saying is the fan base shouldn't be too quick to heap praise on newcomers anymore than it should heap criticism on them. LU Basketball as any honest fan knows has fallen to the very bottom of D-1 basketball and even though I believe this is a much better recruiting class than any of the PK recruiting classes it would be a mistake to expect to go from last to first in the SLC. Give all of these players some time to adjust and support them by showing up for games.

+1