4 — 7:30 p.m.
5 — 7:30 p.m.
6 — 9 a.m.
8 — 7:30 p.m.
9 — 7:30 p.m.
10 — 7:30 p.m.
11 — 7:30 p.m.
12 — 8 a.m.
15 — 8 a.m. (practice fields), 7:30 p.m.

For the full schedule: http://blog.beaumontenterprise.com/inthecards/2011/08/03/lamar-football-practice-schedule/

bigred360
08-03-2011, 04:14 PM
Thanks as this is very helpful.

CardinalClaw
08-04-2011, 05:44 PM
Does anyone know if the team is practicing in PUS or on the practice field? Maybe both?

CardAmbassador
08-04-2011, 05:49 PM
Does anyone know if the team is practicing in PUS or on the practice field? Maybe both?

Reading the blog it looks like they're just at PUS. Although I bet once they start scrimmaging the second or third teams might be out on the practice fields so they can get everyone working at once.

CardAmbassador
08-05-2011, 11:27 PM
The D Line started the first practice on the practice fields and then about 30 minutes into practice joined the rest of the team.

I made this the practice thread so if anyone makes it out and you feel like sharing something about the experience do it here.

If anyone goes out there tonight look for Oden again. Maybe he will be in a jersey?

Mahler
08-06-2011, 12:57 AM
I didn't get to stay for long since one of my boys got sick but I didn't notice Oden out there - but he could have been in a jersey and I didn't recognize him. Also I noticed Forney was practicing tonight with the offensive line and fullbacks, not in a green jersey at all!

Coaches must have thought he looked really rusty last night. :whistle:

LU4LIFE
08-06-2011, 02:09 AM
I did notice at tonight practice that Billy Chavis did not practice with the team I don't know if he got injured at yesterday's practice or what.

LU1991
08-06-2011, 02:33 AM
I did not see Billy Chavis or Oden at tonight's practice.. Forney didn't take any snaps and stood on the sidelines throughout most of the practice. The entire team looks bigger than last year. Who was the guy on the sidelines in the a&m shirt and shorts?

Can't wait to see them in pads .

CardinalClaw
08-06-2011, 04:00 AM
Billy was on the sidelines in shorts an a shirt. I don't know who the guy in the A&M cloths was but he needs to trade that stuff in for some LAMAR gear. :)

CardAmbassador
08-06-2011, 04:06 AM
Really appreciate the comments guys as I can't get out to any of the practices anymore. :(

Hope Chavis is OK, we hear some news on Oden and the A&M shorts guy is another possible recruit to LU!!

LU4LIFE
08-06-2011, 05:18 AM
Another thing that I notice at practice was that Kollin Kahler was booting the ball pretty good during the punting drills, that was encouraging to see after how he looked in the first practice.

coachacola
08-06-2011, 04:15 PM
Forney moved to tight end, could be a starter?

Link: http://blog.beaumontenterprise.com/inthecards/2011/08/06/nederland-ex-forney-moves-to-tight-end/

Save Your Salad
08-06-2011, 04:42 PM

Link: http://blog.beaumontenterprise.com/inthecards/2011/08/06/nederland-ex-forney-moves-to-tight-end/

In my opinion that may work. he is big enough and he plays basketball as well which requires good hand/eye coordination. there was a reason he was offered a scholorship and it wasnt because they thought hed be a QB.

LU4LIFE
08-06-2011, 05:23 PM

IMO this is a good move, but I am a little surprised they made this move as fast as they have seeing that Woodard did tell Forney that he would be able to compete for the QB position.

NorthoftheBorder
08-06-2011, 05:41 PM

Call me a skeptic Coach but I don't see him beating out Billy Chavis, Kevin Davis or Jacob Hanna. I know Hanna personally, he is the fastest of the the three I believe and he is a beast. Loves contact! Chavis and Davis or pretty good themselves no doubt. Forney needs to move to defensive line in my opinion. He could wind up being 6'5" and 275-280 in a year or two and be very productive for LU at that position, if the Dawg backers who claim that he really does have a good attitude and work ethic (which is contrary to what was said during last years controversy). He did QB Big Ned to the playoffs again last year for what that is worth.

CardAmbassador
08-06-2011, 05:43 PM
After seeing how rusty forney was and how well the other QBS were doing. Forney himself might have requested it. I said it from the beginning we didn't want Forney for his throwing abilities.

coachacola
08-06-2011, 05:50 PM
From reading the article is appears Woodard told Forney that if he wants to see any action on the field this year he better switch positions. How well can he catch the ball? Didn't Chavis drop a lot of balls last year so they didn't throw to him much? Forney wasn't getting much respect when Lamar signed him so maybe he can prove everybody wrong and make an impact this season.

AggiesAreWe
08-06-2011, 07:56 PM
After seeing how rusty Rodney was and how well the other ABS were doing. Forney himself might have requested it. I said it from the beginning we didn't want Rodney for his throwing abilities.

I am confused. Who is "Rodney" and the "other ABS"?

CardAmbassador
08-06-2011, 08:03 PM
After seeing how rusty Rodney was and how well the other ABS were doing. Forney himself might have requested it. I said it from the beginning we didn't want Rodney for his throwing abilities.

I am confused. Who is "Rodney" and the "other ABS"?

Autocorrect on my phone is a pain. Haven't been near a computer all day. I meant forney.

coachacola
08-06-2011, 08:19 PM
New "In The Cards" post:

Quarterback Jeremy Johnson and linebacker Asim Hicks were treated and released from a local hospital for heat exhaustion after practice Saturday.

The two-hour practice started at 9 a.m. and was the team’s first in daylight hours. The team also wore shoulder pads for the first time.

Medics called to Lamar treated a few other players at the athletic complex for heat exhaustion.

http://blog.beaumontenterprise.com/inthecards/

LU4LIFE
08-06-2011, 09:36 PM
From reading the article is appears Woodard told Forney that if he wants to see any action on the field this year he better switch positions. How well can he catch the ball? Didn't Chavis drop a lot of balls last year so they didn't throw to him much? Forney wasn't getting much respect when Lamar signed him so maybe he can prove everybody wrong and make an impact this season.

Chavis did have some dropped passes but from what I remember of last season the coaching staff didn't really throw it his way much the whole season and kept him in to help the O line block.

bigred360
08-06-2011, 09:49 PM
Billy Chavis was recruited by ATM out of Beaumont West Brook as an athlete because he played so many different positions in HS. I have no doubt he can catch the football.

However, IMO I think Hanna is the best prospect at TE. I think Chavis would be better on defense.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/tamu/football/recruiting/player-Billy-Chavis-42272

Big T
08-06-2011, 10:04 PM
Forney didn't play much at TE last year for the Dogs but the few times he did, mostly when they were in a wild dog formation, he looked pretty good.

CardAmbassador
08-06-2011, 10:12 PM

Chavis did have some dropped passes but from what I remember of last season the coaching staff didn't really throw it his way much the whole season and kept him in to help the O line block.

got some CPU time.

I agree, although I do remember a couple of dropped passes by Chavis he wan't entirely to blame, Bevil threw a few passes his way that were difficult to remember. Chavis was mainly used for blocking and if he stays at TE that will likely be the biggest way he contributes because I suspect the smaller slightly smaller but speedier Hannah would be the go to guy for any passing plays.

I would like to see Chavis go to the defense as a LB if he is already going to be sharing time with Forney (still not sure about if he would get alot of playing time this year or not) and Hannah (I would expect him to get PT regardless of who the other TE is). Moving Chavis would allow you to use Forney as a blocking TE for the run game and Hannah as more of a blocker and a guy who can run a few post routes to get some yards in the air.

How interesting would it be to see a play with two TE's (Forney and Hannah), the biggest section of our O line two wide out and the QB taking the snap from the shot gun. You have enough talent on the field at the point that the QB has to worry about everything. Short pass to the TE, deep passes to WR's run game with a blocker (larger TE) on the line of scrimmage or a QB keeper.

I'm sure the coaches will make the best decision for our team.

LETS GO CARDS!!

LU4LIFE
08-06-2011, 10:18 PM
I like Chavis at TE he is big and strong and hard to bring down, and he could be utilized very well in certain situations.

CardAmbassador
08-07-2011, 03:29 AM
From Fox 4 story on Oden:

Oden is flying back to Indiana to pack and will return to Beaumont to practice this week.

Fox4 Link: Oden has signed with Lamar (http://setxhomepage.com/fulltext?nxd_id=145517)

Look for him next week.

CardinalClaw
08-07-2011, 05:24 PM
Did anyone notice if Chavis practiced Saturday?

Mr.KnowItAll
08-07-2011, 09:59 PM
Kevin Davis has the best hands of any TE and still has good size. Hanna I think will be good but uproven. Chavis has horrible hands. His athletic ability is unparalled. Thats why I think he would make a great DE. Forney in high school was mostly used as a good blocker while at TE. Watching him play basketball he had decent hands but nothing to write home about and that is a completely different shaped ball. I think Chavis will keep the job but split a lot of time with Davis. Forney is going to need a year or two to climb up the depth chart as most freshman do. Think he should be redshirted honestly.

CardAmbassador
08-07-2011, 10:17 PM
Kevin Davis has the best hands of any TE and still has good size. Hanna I think will be good but uproven. Chavis has horrible hands. His athletic ability is unparalled. Thats why I think he would make a great DE. Forney in high school was mostly used as a good blocker while at TE. Watching him play basketball he had decent hands but nothing to write home about and that is a completely different shaped ball. I think Chavis will keep the job but split a lot of time with Davis. Forney is going to need a year or two to climb up the depth chart as most freshman do. Think he should be redshirted honestly.

I agree about Chavis moving to defense, I don't know about his hands, I do remember him dropping passes last year but I thought it had more to do with bad passes, still you spend more time looking at the team than me. I was thinking we should put him at line-backer, but defensive end could suit him well too.

And I will defer to you're assessment on Forney because I know you played basketball with him. Red-shirting when we have this much talent at TE is a good idea. IMO we never recruited him for QB but for his size and competitive mentality.

Mr.KnowItAll
08-08-2011, 10:26 PM

I agree about Chavis moving to defense, I don't know about his hands, I do remember him dropping passes last year but I thought it had more to do with bad passes, still you spend more time looking at the team than me. I was thinking we should put him at line-backer, but defensive end could suit him well too.

And I will defer to you're assessment on Forney because I know you played basketball with him. Red-shirting when we have this much talent at TE is a good idea. IMO we never recruited him for QB but for his size and competitive mentality.

Agree on all accounts. Chavis reminds me of Lamar's version of Mario Williams. Can be a DE or OLB. Just think he would have more of impact there. We didn't use our TEs much last season.

Mike
08-09-2011, 12:22 AM
At practice....

couple early notes:

- prewitt & bevil working 1st and 2nd team early
- not 100% sure cause I'm in stands but it looks like Dorsey not in pads-
- early drills had the offense running pretty well vs d
- in full simulation the d picking it up
- don't see Oden
- team feisty, shoving in endzone after QB was hit. "Don't touch my f'n QB"
- some good hitting going on tonight so far

CardAmbassador
08-09-2011, 01:02 AM
How is each QB doing protecting the Rock? Anyone head and shoulders above the rest?

Mike
08-09-2011, 01:06 AM
Couple more notes.

- very good night for OL in my opinion
- #31 had the stronger kickoff leg tonight over #35

LU4LIFE
08-09-2011, 02:43 AM
How is each QB doing protecting the Rock? Anyone head and shoulders above the rest?

Johnson had a INT and a fumble(he recovered it)
Prewitt had a fumble on a QB run
Bevel I didn't see have any turnovers

But no one IMO stood out from the other.

CardinalClaw
08-09-2011, 02:50 AM
Yeah I have to agree no one is out performing the others at the QB position. The new secondary coach is really intense an a lot of fun to watch coach IMO.

LU4LIFE
08-09-2011, 02:52 AM
I did notice that Campbell practiced with the first line the whole practice. They had a one on one drill with a member of the D line vs a member of the O line, and when Campbell was up the defensive line man couldn't budge him back. Tempers were definitely flying, like the ADMIN said there was a scuffle in the endzone and during the 7 on 7 JJ Hayes must not of like with the CB did because he threw the football at his head(later I watched him sake hand an make up). Also noticed Chavis still isn't practicing with the team. Very fun practice to watch tho.

CardAmbassador
08-09-2011, 02:55 AM
I did notice that Campbell practiced with the first line the whole practice. They had a one on one drill with a member of the D line vs a member of the O line, and when Campbell was up the defensive line man couldn't budge him back. Tempers were definitely flying, like the ADMIN said there was a scuffle in the endzone and during the 7 on 7 JJ Hayes must of not like with the CB did because he threw the football at his head(later I watched him sake hand an make up). Also noticed Chavis still isn't practicing with the team. Very fun practice to watch tho.

Not happy to hear about that but I'm glad they made up. I'm happy the players are getting into the practices, it sounds very intense.

I completely agree about the Secondary Coach (Johnson?). At the one practice I made he made an impression on me.

LU4LIFE
08-09-2011, 03:01 AM
I did notice that Campbell practiced with the first line the whole practice. They had a one on one drill with a member of the D line vs a member of the O line, and when Campbell was up the defensive line man couldn't budge him back. Tempers were definitely flying, like the ADMIN said there was a scuffle in the endzone and during the 7 on 7 JJ Hayes must of not like with the CB did because he threw the football at his head(later I watched him sake hand an make up). Also noticed Chavis still isn't practicing with the team. Very fun practice to watch tho.

Not happy to hear about that but I'm glad they made up. I'm happy the players are getting into the practices, it sounds very intense.

I completely agree about the Secondary Coach (Johnson?). At the one practice I made he made an impression on me.

IMO when you play a physical game like football tempers are going to fly at some point, but you just got to separate the two players let them cool down and let them realize you are both competing for the same thing. I love the secondary coach you can see the passion in him when you watch him coach.

Mike
08-09-2011, 11:02 PM
Going out to the Tuesday 8/09 practice...

Anything specific you guys want me to watch?

CardAmbassador
08-09-2011, 11:07 PM
Is Oden back?
Is Ekpe still there? #9
Which Kicker is more accurate with Field Goals?
Anything and everything about QB battle. Especially consistency and TO ratio
Injuries? Anyone not working with the team.
Which RB's are getting the most carries?

I'm sure people will think of other things.

Mike
08-09-2011, 11:43 PM
Is Oden back?
Is Ekpe still there? #9
Which Kicker is more accurate with Field Goals?
Anything and everything about QB battle. Especially consistency and TO ratio
Injuries? Anyone not working with the team.
Which RB's are getting the most carries

I'm sure people will think of other things

-No #9
-Dorsey still not in pads
-Haven't seen Oden

Mike
08-10-2011, 12:15 AM
-Beard with a couple big licks early-
-LU WR's all have good hands
-offense running ball well early
-agree with earlier comments about secondary coach. A passionate guy.

lu cards
08-10-2011, 02:02 AM
some things that stood out at practice tonight.

-smith(former qb)looked real good at receiver
-blake chavis will help us on the dline
-the new kicker is better at kick offs
-prewitt looked better than bevil
-j johnson looked good
-didnt see billy chavis
-campbell is huge
-the whole team looks bigger

NorthoftheBorder
08-10-2011, 02:20 AM
-Beard with a couple big licks early-
-LU WR's all have good hands
-offense running ball well early
-agree with earlier comments about secondary coach. A passionate guy.

Beard is,has and always will be a big hitter! He will handle the LB chores quite well for LU. Hope his knee has healed and he can perform at his peak level!

LU4LIFE
08-10-2011, 02:21 AM
I didn't see Billy Chavis at practice either, I would like to know whats up with that.

CardinalClaw
08-10-2011, 02:30 AM
IMO the running game is looking a lot better which is great.

LU4LIFE
08-11-2011, 02:34 AM
I didn't see Billy Chavis at practice tonight either, someone with a connection in the AD's office needs to find out whats up with this.

CardAmbassador
08-11-2011, 03:31 AM
I didn't see Billy Chavis at practice tonight either, someone with a connection in the AD's office needs to find out whats up with this.

You have to start wondering if Chavis is having the same problems Ekpe. Didn't they stop going to practice at the same time? Does anyone remember seeing Chavis the first week of practice?

LU4LIFE
08-11-2011, 03:36 AM
I saw him at practice up until yesterday. Monday he was at practice but didn't practice with the team.

CardAmbassador
08-11-2011, 02:35 PM
I saw him at practice up until yesterday. Monday he was at practice but didn't practice with the team.

Who knows what's up. Keep an eye out for him.

First Scrimmage is on Saturday at 7:30 p.m. after today practices are moving to the mornings for a little bit. Two-a-days will be at 9 a.m. and 7:30 p.m.

CardinalClaw
08-11-2011, 08:49 PM
I have noticed the last two practices that Campbell has been practicing at the guard position. I don't know if he will move from tackle to guard or if he might play both spots but it makes me wonder which one Oden will be playing. We might see them both on the same side of the line.

BRI Staff
08-12-2011, 02:43 PM
First morning practice on weekday.

@cmdabe:

QBs Andre Bevil & Doug Prewitt working w/ first-team offense, Jeremy Johnson w/ backups in 11-on-11s. No pads today.

**REMINDER: Scrimmage tomorrow will be at 7:30 p.m.

BRI Staff
08-12-2011, 02:50 PM
All of next weeks 9 a.m. practices have been rescheduled to 8 a.m.

CardAmbassador
08-12-2011, 04:26 PM
Did anyone go out to the practice today? Did you see Chavis?

CardinalClaw
08-13-2011, 01:24 AM
Who all is going to watch the scrimmage tomorrow?

I'll be there.

Big T
08-13-2011, 08:46 PM
I will. Anybody else?

LU4LIFE
08-13-2011, 09:23 PM
I'll be there too.

CardinalClaw
08-16-2011, 01:53 AM
Daniel Campbell, Jacody Coleman and Kendrick Prejean did not practice tonight with the team. Coleman looked fine, I could not tell there was anything wrong with him. Campbell has something wrong with his left leg, he was walking with a noticeable limp. Prejean must of hurt his ankle because he was in a boot. Still no separation at the QB position, one good thing I can say is Johnson looked good in the redzone drill toward the end of practice. He threw two TD passes an ran one in out of four attempts.

CardAmbassador
08-16-2011, 02:20 AM
Daniel Campbell, Jacody Coleman and Kendrick Prejean did not practice tonight with the team. Coleman looked fine, I could not tell there was anything wrong with him. Campbell has something wrong with his left leg, he was walking with a noticeable limp. Prejean must of hurt his ankle because he was in a boot. Still no separation at the QB position, one good thing I can say is Johnson looked good in the redzone drill toward the end of practice. He threw two TD passes an ran one in out of four attempts.

Bad to hear about those star players not playing. Hopefully all is well or not severe.

Thanks for keeping me updated on the QB battle when you go.

CardinalClaw
08-16-2011, 03:17 AM

Bad to hear about those star players not playing. Hopefully all is well or not severe.

Thanks for keeping me updated on the QB battle when you go.

No problem CA.

coachacola
08-16-2011, 10:41 PM
An update from the "In The Cards" blog:

Three freshman tight ends are helping the Lamar University offense deal with a pair of injuries.

Woodard complimented Dionte Forney (Nederland), Caleb Shelly (Coldspring) and Payden McVey (Deer Park) for their understanding of the offense less than two weeks into preseason practices.

They’ve stepped in for West Brook graduate Billy Chavis (right knee) and junior Kevin Davis (shoulder) as they recover from injuries.

“They’re further along than most freshmen,” Woodard said. “They know the playbook. They don’t make a lot of mistakes. Dionte, I thought he could catch the ball but he’s a little better blocker than I thought he was going to be. Payden McVey is just an all-around solid player. Caleb Shelly has really grown into it and is really doing it.

http://blog.beaumontenterprise.com/inthecards/

coachacola
08-18-2011, 01:06 AM
Christopher Dabe is at practice tonight and has posted these tweets:

O-linemen Joey Chavez (foot) and Daniel Campbell (foot) did not practice. TE Billy Chavis (knee) still out.

Now Doug Prewitt with a well-placed throw to the end zone. These QBs seem to make the most of their chances.

Andre Bevil throws perfect pass to J.J. Hayes for a 35-yd TD. Pass over two defenders, into Hayes' outstretched arms at goal line.

Lamar coaches are not tipping their hand w/ regard to picking starting QB, playing Prewitt, Bevil & Johnson equally.

Jeremy Johnson throws deep passes with what appears to be little effort. He might not start opener but will get snaps.

Just saw a familiar sight for PN-G fans at Lamar football practice: QB Harrison Tatum handing off to RB Caleb Harmon.

Still no sign of new O-lineman Anthony Oden yet at Lamar football practices.

CardinalClaw
08-18-2011, 02:37 AM
I didn't see Coach Woodard or Marcus Jackson on the field tonight at practice. I wonder what is up with that?

CardAmbassador
08-18-2011, 02:38 AM
I didn't see Coach Woodard or Marcus Jackson on the field tonight at practice. I wonder what is up with that?

That is extremely odd. You didn't see Woodard? Were you there for the entire practice?

CardinalClaw
08-18-2011, 02:42 AM
Yeah I got there 10 minutes early an never saw him.

CardAmbassador
08-18-2011, 09:45 PM
Did anyone make it out to the practice this morning? Was Woodard or Jackson present???

CardAmbassador
08-22-2011, 03:54 PM
The practice schedule for this week:

Monday: 3:30 p.m.
Tuesday: 3:30 p.m.
Wednesday: 7:30 p.m.
Thursday: 3:30 p.m.
Friday: 3:30 p.m.

CardAmbassador
08-22-2011, 08:42 PM
Some notes from @CmDabe on tonights scrimmage:

Lamar WR Marcus Jackson is back in pads after having wisdom teeth removed Thursday. Did not play in scrimmage Saturday.

Lamar QB Doug Prewitt will get another concussion test tomorrow & will practice Wednesday if cleared, coach Ray Woodard said. #BEscores

MLB Jacody Coleman also not practicing. #BEscores

coachacola
08-22-2011, 09:24 PM
More from Chris Dabe:

Looks like the 102 heat index got to Anthony Oden. Shoulder pads are off & he's drinking a sport drink in shade.

OL Anthony Oden has an ice pack resting on his neck as he stands to watch practice. SE Texas heat is no joke.

Mr.KnowItAll
08-23-2011, 02:07 AM
Was OL Emone Bailey practicing? Saw him on campus today with a hard cast on his left wrist.

CardAmbassador
08-23-2011, 08:49 PM
“I’m originally from Buffalo, N.Y., where it’s six or seven feet of snow usually,” said Oden, who did not finish his first practice in shoulder pads Monday, when the heat index in Beaumont registered at 102 degrees.

Oden also said his lower weight from when he played at the University of Arkansas is a result of conditioning. The 6-foot-7 Oden said he wanted to weigh closer to 300 pounds instead of the 328 at which he was listed at Arkansas.

“I’m quicker,” Oden said. “I believe I can be more consistent. I believe I can be more technical. Playing offensive line, a lot of technique comes with your hips. I’m more flexible.”

Oden also looks forward to pairing up with former teammate Daniel Campbell, who signed with but did not attend Southern Cal and Houston before coming to Lamar. They played one season together at Hargrave Military Academy.

“I know we’ll create a lot of havoc because we did it before,” Oden said. “But it’s a different level of football. It’s a different level of competition. College football is no joke no matter what level of football. You have to come out. You have to work hard. You have to prove yourself. I think me and Anthony, if we continue to work like I know I’m going to push myself and I know he’s going to push himself, we’ll do great.”

http://blog.beaumontenterprise.com/inthecards/2011/08/23/anthony-oden-talks-about-heat-lower-playing-weight/

coachacola
08-23-2011, 09:16 PM
“I’m originally from Buffalo, N.Y., where it’s six or seven feet of snow usually,” said Oden, who did not finish his first practice in shoulder pads Monday, when the heat index in Beaumont registered at 102 degrees.

Oden also said his lower weight from when he played at the University of Arkansas is a result of conditioning. The 6-foot-7 Oden said he wanted to weigh closer to 300 pounds instead of the 328 at which he was listed at Arkansas.

“I’m quicker,” Oden said. “I believe I can be more consistent. I believe I can be more technical. Playing offensive line, a lot of technique comes with your hips. I’m more flexible.”

Oden also looks forward to pairing up with former teammate Daniel Campbell, who signed with but did not attend Southern Cal and Houston before coming to Lamar. They played one season together at Hargrave Military Academy.

“I know we’ll create a lot of havoc because we did it before,” Oden said. “But it’s a different level of football. It’s a different level of competition. College football is no joke no matter what level of football. You have to come out. You have to work hard. You have to prove yourself. I think me and Anthony, if we continue to work like I know I’m going to push myself and I know he’s going to push himself, we’ll do great.”

http://blog.beaumontenterprise.com/inthecards/2011/08/23/anthony-oden-talks-about-heat-lower-playing-weight/

I found this interesting:

Oden said Lamar is the only school he considered. He said “big-time” schools tried to contact him, but he talked only with Lamar.

Oden said his brother, Greg, a former NBA No. 1 draft pick with the Portland Trail Blazers, and their family will likely attend a few Lamar games.

CardinalClaw
08-23-2011, 10:38 PM
Channel 6 news had interviews with Oden an Johnson today, I'm sure they will replay them at 10 tonight.

Johnson said if he does not win the starting QB position this year that he just wants to help contribute weather it is being a voice on the sideline or where ever the coach's want him to.

Mike
08-23-2011, 10:42 PM
Fox 4 has an interview with Oden as well.

Mr.KnowItAll
08-24-2011, 12:13 AM
Watched about 45 minutes of practice today. Still no Prewitt. And the secondary had a rough day I thought, especially #19 Peterson. Otherwise was pretty impressed with the intensity today. Good hard practice.

CardAmbassador
08-25-2011, 05:23 PM
Has anyone that made it out these games seen Bevil and Prewitt back on the field? I think Prewitt was expected back Wednesday.

LU4LIFE
08-25-2011, 05:47 PM
Has anyone that made it out these games seen Bevil and Prewitt back on the field? I think Prewitt was expected back Wednesday.

I went out to the practice for a little while Tuesday and Bevil was back out there, but Prewitt had to take another concussion test Wednesday and if he passed that then he could return to practice today.

CardAmbassador
08-25-2011, 08:46 PM
Via Twitter: @cmdabe

Jeremy Johnson is the only first-team QB in pads today. Doug Prewitt is practicing unpadded. Andre Bevil not practicing.

CardAmbassador
08-25-2011, 09:21 PM
Via Twitter: @cmdabe

QB Jeremy Johnson seems to have a good grasp of the Lamar offense, getting many plays called in from sideline hand signals.

peckemtech11
08-25-2011, 10:31 PM
Forney isnt a qb anymore, theyre using him at as a TE now

CardinalClaw
08-25-2011, 10:36 PM
That is right he will see more playing time at the TE position, it was a good move on his part.

BRI Staff
08-31-2011, 01:23 AM
From Practice Today

@cmdabe:

Lamar QBs Bevil, Prewitt & Johnson are back to splitting practice reps equally now that they're all healthy.

Andre Bevil is back in pads and practicing w/QBs Doug Prewitt & Jeremy Johnson. WR Marcus Jackson (left ankle) has a walking boot.