PDA

View Full Version : San Antonio High School Player Ambush Referee in Football Game

eagle eye
09-07-2015, 06:27 PM
What the hell is going on in San Antonio. In the video link below it clearly shows two San Antonio Jay defensive players drill the back judge in the closing moments of the game between Jay and Marble Falls last Friday night. This cowardly act was perpetrated after an apparent bad call by the back judge that apparently resulted in 2 other Jay players being ejected from the game supposedly thus prompting this shameful act. Both players involved were ejected from the game and IMO should be suspended from the team and school indefinitely. Four players ejected in one game makes you wonder about the head coach of Jay High School. Jay High should be happy I'm not the district superintendent because Jay would forfeit the rest of the games this season and an investigation into the program would be launched. For sure suspensions are due, at very minimum, the two players who ambushed the referee and probably to a lesser extent the two players ejected earlier in the game. The coaching staff should be suspended and reprimanded if they are found culpable in the case. Reports say that the two players are being investigated for criminal charges. Watch the video and see what you think.

http://thebiglead.com/2015/09/06/high-school-football-players-target-referee-after-bad-calls-blindside-him/

KABrother88
09-07-2015, 07:41 PM
I saw that on Saturday and was disgusted. To an extent the coach is responsible whether he knew it was gonna happen or not in my opinion. To me, part of the unwritten rules of high school coaching is to prepare 15-18 year olds for the real world by getting them put forth their best effort, follow the rules set forth, and to respect those in charge. Somewhere along the line, this coach failed the last point. I hope the players are tried as adults in this if criminal charges are pressed.

eagle eye
09-09-2015, 10:53 AM
According to channel 6 sports last night there was a coach who encouraged the boys to "make that guy pay" for supposedly bad calls in the game. The coach has been suspended with pay as have the two players in question. The UIL is investigating the matter as is the San Antonio police who say the people in question could be charged with assault on a school official. Except for the "with pay" part, I agree with what's happened so far. You can understand the "with pay" part though as nothing is confirmed as yet and the man at very least deserves SOME benefit of the doubt.

KABrother88
09-11-2015, 03:02 PM
Have alway felt like if you are suspended with pay and you end up being terminated for whatever you initially got suspended for then you should have to repay what you "earned" while suspended...

eagle eye
09-12-2015, 02:11 PM
I agree but there's that old "innocent until proven guilty" bugaboo. We all say things we don't mean up to an including, "I'll kill you!" but nobody seriously believes this is going to happen. Maybe the coach said the ref needed some sort of payback for perceived injustice but he may not have meant it as a call to action by his players. Who knows, but I wonder if he needs to repay the salary he's given if found guilty. It's a bad thing to lose your job and, in this case, his reputation as well. It may be a little hard to get another job when you are found guilty of a bounty-gate sort of a deal. There is something wrong with kids who feel compelled to take the sort of action they took. It also doesn't speak well of the coaching staff as a whole and the lack of the right kind of leadership that would send a message to kids that they are free to act in an unsportsmanlike way. John Jay High may be well served with a good house cleaning and that includes banning them from football for a year or two.