PDA

View Full Version : Les Miles in trouble at LSU?

Mike
11-26-2015, 08:32 AM
LINK: http://bigredinsider.com/1338-2/

eagle eye
11-28-2015, 06:24 AM
There has been a lot of talk lately on sports radio shows and the consensus seems to be, because of the success Miles has had in the past 11 years, Miles should remain as LSU's top tiger. Nobody disputes that Miles is a great representative for the school but recent futility on the field has caused students, alumni and fans of the LSU program to start calling for Miles' head. There is talent at every position for LSU except for QB and LSU fans I've talked to claim Miles has never developed a quarterback and it is especially true now.
I find it odd that nobody remembers Zack Mettenberger. He was a pretty good college QB and the QB play wasn't questioned when LSU began the season 8-0. The loss to Alabama in Week 9 was another crushing blow to the Tigers who can't seem to beat the hated Crimson Tide and former LSU head coach Nick Saban. The 'Bama game was the beginning of the current 3 game losing streak and it was the game that maybe cost LSU RB Leonard Fournette a shot at the Heisman Trophy.
The Tigers play TAMU today and it is the matchup between Miles and former DC John Chavis, who is now the DC for the Aggies, that may get the most attention. Chavis parted ways with Miles staff in what is described as a bitter parting of the ways and this will be the first meeting between Miles and Chavis. In the article Mike posted it described this game between LSU and the Aggies as the make or break game for Miles as LSU head coach but it turns out it won't be after all. As I was looking up info for this post I stumbled upon this article, linked below, from the Tiger Rag, which is a website about LSU athletics, that indicated Miles told members of LSU's Gridiron Club that the Texas A&M game would be his last as head coach of the Tigers.

http://tigerrag.com/football/les-miles-will-coach-his-final-game-at-lsu-on-saturday-vs-texas-am-miles-tells-gridiron-club

I hope that there won't be seller's remorse in Tiger-land when Miles is gone. He will not even coach the team in their bowl game this season. To me, that is a disgrace. Miles has earned the right to go out with more respect than this. Just like with the firing of Texas head coach Mack Brown this is a knee jerk reaction to some adversity in the program. That, and the slap-in-the-face losses to Alabama head coach Nick Saban who won a National Championship with LSU before departing for a short stint in the NFL before going to Tuscaloosa and a dominance of the SEC over the pass several years. The fact is, LSU wouldn't pay Saban what he was worth and Saban walked and now LSU is standing there with egg on their faces being bested by a guy who really should still be the Tigers head coach if not for being too cheap to pony up the dough for a truly legendary college coach. LSU was been lucky to get Miles because it could have been much, much worse. Say like the buyers remorse the folks who follow University of Texas football probably have with Charlie Strong at head coach. We'll see but Miles will likely end up somewhere else very soon. Miles isn't as old andd ready to retire as Mack Brown was so he will be a hot commodity, IMO, for another program with higher expectations than they currently are achieving and we will also see if Miles' replacement, whether it is Jimbo Fisher or somebody else, can do a better job than Miles has done. As a side note, I don't know why Jimbo Fisher would want to leave Florida State for Baton Rouge. Is it because Fisher used to be the LSU OC? Fisher has won a National Championship at Florida State and he's proven he's a good college football coach. Is Baton Rouge a better place than Tallahassee? I think this is a pipe dream by the LSU alumni. I see no reason at all why Fisher would even consider leaving FSU. Good luck LSU finding a replacement for Miles. I wonder if LSU fans will miss him as much as Texas fans miss Mack Brown right about now.

eagle eye
11-29-2015, 11:20 AM
So much for the reliability of the Tiger Rag. After beating the crap out of Texas A&M last night LSU announced Les Miles will be back next year. I know this is probably not relevant but to fire Miles LSU would have to eat a $15 MM buy out of his contract. Either way, I am glad Miles will be back. As a matter of fact I hope the guy at USC gets another year. I won't hurt that he and his Trojans beat up on cross town rival UCLA yesterday.

One other item of note, I am glad my Sooners completed the sweep of TCU, Baylor and Okie State. They not only won they won convincingly. Shame on the selection committee if the snub the Big 12 again. It didn't hurt that Notre Dame lost to Stanford yesterday or that Michigan State beat Penn State and will play Iowa for the Big 10 Championship. I don't see how Ohio State can be justified to be a top 4 team under the circumstances. Clemson, Alabama, Oklahoma and it's anyone's guess who is #4. I think it will be Michigan St. I don't care as long as Oklahoma is invited to the dance.