PDA

View Full Version : The Angry Birds

TexGator
08-07-2011, 08:21 PM
Nickname for the 2011 Cardinals... Angry Birds.

I can see the T-shirts now... "ANGRY BIRDS" in a knock-off of the real font surrounding Big Red.

Anyone agree? Disagree?

CardAmbassador
08-07-2011, 08:23 PM
Nickname for the 2011 Cardinals... Angry Birds.

I can see the T-shirts now... "ANGRY BIRDS" in a knock-off of the real font surrounding Big Red.

Anyone agree? Disagree?

I like the idea, I would like to see a student group use it as a nick name. I wonder if the name is copyrighted?

EDIT: Why just 2011, should we get a new nickname for each years team?

I think every team that wins a championship should be posthumously award a nickname by the school, ha. I would also like to see the Big Birds win a championship. Guess who would make a suprise appearance on those shirts?? B)

Mr.KnowItAll
08-07-2011, 09:24 PM
I like it! Sounds like a nickname for a mean ferocious defense which I hope we have!

boomer
08-07-2011, 09:38 PM
Would love to see Big Red being flung at a McNeese symbol.

CardAmbassador
08-07-2011, 09:44 PM

+100

Boomer for the win! That would be an awesome shirt!

TexGator
08-07-2011, 11:59 PM

+100

Boomer for the win! That would be an awesome shirt!

Ambassador- time to get your contacts to hit up Cotton Cargo to put it together (since they can work out the licensing of it).

And I was thinking about the strength of the OL and launching the ball (or a RB) through.

austin badbyrd
08-08-2011, 12:20 AM
A little history:

Back in the late 70s I remember students wearing t-shirts with "Lamar University Bad Birds"

That, my fellow poster is the inspiration of my username.........

CardAmbassador
08-08-2011, 12:38 AM
A little history:

Back in the late 70s I remember students wearing t-shirts with "Lamar University Bad Birds"

That's really interesting badbyrd, thanks for sharing. I wish LU had a traditions council like some other schools so that student body traditions would have a chance to live on. I tried to talk to the Cards and Techsans spirit groups about their traditions.

@TexGator, not a bad idea, I usually talk to their LU rep for about 10 mins when I see him at BBall games. (can't remember his name, middle aged guy, sometimes wears glasses) Maybe I should shoot them the idea, I bet they could make good money off of that, I would buy one for the McNeese LU game.

BigRed98
08-08-2011, 09:31 AM
A little history:

That's really interesting badbyrd, thanks for sharing. I wish LU had a traditions council like some other schools so that student body traditions would have a chance to live on. I tried to talk to the Cards and Techsans spirit groups about their traditions.

@TexGator, not a bad idea, I usually talk to their LU rep for about 10 mins when I see him at BBall games. (can't remember his name, middle aged guy, sometimes wears glasses) Maybe I should shoot them the idea, I bet they could make good money off of that, I would buy one for the McNeese LU game.

Shoot it to the bookstore manager. See what he can do with it.

TexGator
08-08-2011, 06:45 PM
Someone mentioned this on their FB page (obviously, this idea has at least 1 fan).

Looks like Cotton Cargo is in the middle of working out the merchandise for 2011. We'll see.

CardAmbassador
08-08-2011, 06:54 PM
Someone mentioned this on their FB page (obviously, this idea has at least 1 fan).

Looks like Cotton Cargo is in the middle of working out the merchandise for 2011. We'll see.

Now two people have suggested it on their fan page. B)

Here is what Cotton Cargo said about the idea:

Love it! We are in the process of designing and getting approvals on LU designs for this school year/football season.

Mr.KnowItAll
08-08-2011, 10:14 PM
CA, James is his name at Cotton Cargo. And it will be mentioned to him more and more!

boomer
08-10-2011, 02:54 AM
Why can't we make it a BRI thing. That could help with software management funds and upgrades plus would get more people talking about our site( that means all us forum hounds). Just a thought wouldn't even know where to start with the logistics of it. I will tell you this though we have something on BRI that is unique. I can argue disagree yell and spit with y'all on a topic, but always get an educated and professional response. We are the torch bearers for a new LU football program and so far have done an incredible job with our forums. I think we should all be proud of how we are molding this new media fan base.

DJLocal
08-10-2011, 04:15 AM
Little something I made
LAMARANGRYBIRDS.png

CardAmbassador
08-10-2011, 02:36 PM
Nice DJ, I'm not an artist so I wont attempt my version of the angry birds T-Shirt but I can explain it.

Version 1 Picture of the biggest angriest looking players with the same background and it says angry birds near their feet. (Coleman, Chavis, etc.)

Version 2 a custom Cardinal flying through the air at the McNeese cowgirl logo.

DJLocal
08-10-2011, 03:23 PM
Nice DJ, I'm not an artist so I wont attempt my version of the angry birds T-Shirt but I can explain it.

Version 1 Picture of the biggest angriest looking players with the same background and it says angry birds near their feet. (Coleman, Chavis, etc.)

Version 2 a custom Cardinal flying through the air at the McNeese cowgirl logo.

ANGRYBIRDS2PLAYERS.png

Love those ideas.

boomer
08-10-2011, 04:54 PM
Man that is awesome. Alex ( my three year old son) was mad because he couldn't play it...lol

CardAmbassador
08-11-2011, 03:24 AM
Why can't we make it a BRI thing. That could help with software management funds and upgrades plus would get more people talking about our site( that means all us forum hounds). Just a thought wouldn't even know where to start with the logistics of it. I will tell you this though we have something on BRI that is unique. I can argue disagree yell and spit with y'all on a topic, but always get an educated and professional response. We are the torch bearers for a new LU football program and so far have done an incredible job with our forums. I think we should all be proud of how we are molding this new media fan base.

I just wanted to thank you for this post out loud now. I loved it when I read it yesterday because I had just finished having a disagreement with someone on another SLC fan site. During that disagreement there were some personal insults hurled for no good reason IMO by someone not affiliated with LU. So this post is so very appropriate because I think we (as fans) have done a great job of being civil with each other over here. We may have disagreements but we don't let them get personal.

This post also inspired me to follow up on something today that I had been planning to do for over a week. I called the athletic office today about doing sometime of sponsorship/advertisement for the football program. They have an option where we get an add on the inserts in the football guides (usually coupons and small ads) this is a new advertising opportunity they're offering this year. We would also be mentioned by name in a short advertisement at all the games as a sponsor of football.

I'll make a separate thread when I get all the info, we could do a fundraiser like you're suggesting by selling T-shirts, but we already gave this idea away. We could also just ask for everyone to pitch in a small amount. The price of what I'm talking about is $500. Split among 15 / 20 people on this site it wouldn't be a burden to anyone plus we would be supporting our team and at the same time letting people know there is a fan site they can come to and talk about LU sports.

CardinalClaw
08-11-2011, 03:55 AM
I would defiantly pitch in on that CA just let me know.

CardinalClaw
08-11-2011, 05:47 AM
I had just finished having a disagreement with someone on another SLC fan site.

I have been trying to get in on the discussion (if you want to call it that) with you guys, but the account I created a couple of days ago has not been activated by their admin. I thought I needed to show you know who I had some "backbone".:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

CardAmbassador
08-11-2011, 01:17 PM
I had just finished having a disagreement with someone on another SLC fan site.

I have been trying to get in on the discussion (if you want to call it that) with you guys, but the account I created a couple of days ago has not been activated by their admin. I thought I needed to show you know who I had some "backbone".:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It's literally not worth it, I'm done with that whole conversation and that site for a while, you can insult athletic teams all you want but when you insult a person or their school it's just rude and shows lack of respect for people.

BRI Staff
08-26-2011, 04:17 PM
Born on the web at Bigredinsider.com and now it's out and about in the real world!

298292_1997201846807_1146313351_31771775_1178254_n .jpg

LINK: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1997201846807&set=a.1997201326794.2101655.1146313351&type=1&theater

LU1991
08-26-2011, 05:57 PM
I like it!!!

BRI...we need a "Like It" tab next to the "Thank You" tab.

DJLocal
08-26-2011, 07:32 PM
angrybirdshirt.png

ballinbeaklamar.png

Here is another I made.

Big T
08-26-2011, 07:36 PM
HAHA That's Great!!!

CardAmbassador
08-26-2011, 07:44 PM
Sweet!

Eventually we need to come up with a new idea (I know this one was original, but we gave it away before we thought about it) for BRI to use as a fundraiser. It would be awesome if we could make a shirt that everyone would want and the proceeds could go to site maintenance/advertising. Then the site would basically pay for itself without having to get as many donations etc.

BigRedTrack
08-26-2011, 09:32 PM
Born on the web at Bigredinsider.com and now it's out and about in the real world!

298292_1997201846807_1146313351_31771775_1178254_n .jpg

LINK: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1997201846807&set=a.1997201326794.2101655.1146313351&type=1&theater

IMO the birds need to look like they are angry - like BRI's bird logo on the profile pic.