**Sam Houston St. vs Lamar Game Thread**

KABrother88

Now the real season starts. According to the Beaumont Enterprise, Woodard closed practices, to the public, this week. I'm expecting Earp to start but I'm also expecting to see Andrew Allen in the game. Sooner rather than later, if Earp is having another bad game. Call me a homer but I believe lamar wins.

Guest austinred
I'm going into this game hoping for the best but expecting the worst. That unfortunately will be my mind set until they prove otherwise.

SH has only played a NAIA team so far this year and they scored 21 points against them, including 14 points in first quarter against the starters. If LU can get an early lead they will win. GO CARDS!!

If Woodard had any self-respect he would quit after this year. There is no excuse for this. And if LU keeps him for another year then that would signal to the world that they don't give a damn about a winning program. Why go through all the trouble of restarting the program when after 7 years they are back to step one?

If Woodard had any self-respect he would quit after this year. There is no excuse for this. And if LU keeps him for another year then that would signal to the world that they don't give a damn about a winning program. Why go through all the trouble of restarting the program when after 7 years they are back to step one?

Couldn't of said it better my self. This program is a pathetic these coaches cant coach and it's time for the university to nut up and go get a provin winner that can get this program on the right track.

The Cards looked clueless in the first half and then Houston found some spark and came back but it was way too little way too late. I think I am coming around to the need for a change. After a high water make in 2014 Lamar has gone in reverse in the last year and 3 games. The team is playing like an expansion football team and that is a bad thing after all these years. The talent that we have is not being utilized and the Cards look just awful. Kade had 230 yards rushing against SAM last year and only 76 last night. I don't know what to say when teams like Nicholls almost beats Georgia and Louisville beats the hell out of Florida State. North Dakota State beat Iowa for God's sake. We need to be better and I hope this isn't just a knee-jerk reaction but I think Lamar can and should do better. The final score of 44-31 will be looked at as a moral victory by some when you consider LU was trailing 30-3 at the half but I look at it like a pathetic reminder that we are not getting better.

Offense remains having no identity. Everyone knew they would key on Kade and I'm ok with still giving him a chance to pop one but damn...it took us 3.5 quarters for the QB to pull it on the read. Then look what happened...bam 67 yards for the score. We pushed the ball down field more but we were still way conservative...almost walked out of the stadium on our first drive when we threw a pass BEHIND the line of scrimmage on 3rd and friggin 8. You could see what kinda game it was gonna be.

Defense still can not tackle...painful to watch

For Kade to get going, a passing game must provide some balance. In the second half it looked like there was some hope and the new qb can throw a long ball which Earp doesn't appear able to do. The passing attack has to at least target beyond the line of scrimmage most of the time and on third down the target should be beyond the first down marker. The performance to date is disappointing. LU has probably played their three toughest opponents of the year. There really won't be any easy games this year as Nicholls is significantly better than past history and even the new schools have improved. A four or five win season looks like the most probable but it's also possible for this team to win out or to loose every game.