PDA

View Full Version : RB coach James Brown and BRI to be featured on KSET Saturday

BRI Staff
08-08-2011, 09:18 PM
KSET AM 1300, Southeast Texas's newest talk radio station, will host running backs coach and former University of Texas quarter back James Brown this Saturday. Host Fred Davis has also invite Mike Melancon on to the show. Melancon a graduate of Lamar University is the owner and operator of this very site, BigRedInsider.com.

Coach Brown will be on the program starting at 6:10 p.m. and BRI owner Mike Melancon will call in at 6:35.

Out-of-town fans can listen in using the link provided.

LINK: KSET Internet Radio Feed (http://clients.globaldatalink.net/kset/live.htm)

As a great guy I know always says:

Think Red Think Lamar!
_

CardAmbassador
08-08-2011, 09:36 PM
Sounds like something good for the fan site, hopefully it will attract more posters so we can have even better conversations.

Also looking forward to hearing James Brown's thoughts on the O line and running game.

bigred360
08-08-2011, 09:51 PM
This is great as we can talk Lamar football and give a little attention to BRI. Awesome.

Mike
08-09-2011, 02:54 AM
This isn't 100% offical yet but I was called today and asked about joining the program for a segment. I don't know if it's during his interview with JB or after but it would be to talk a little about the site. We'll make contact Friday and see if schedules allow it.

Mike
08-12-2011, 07:24 PM
@ around 6:35 to talk about LU and this site. James Brown will be on the segment before me if anyone wants to check it out.

BRI Staff
08-12-2011, 07:42 PM
Don't forget to tune in tomorrow. Coach Brown will be on KSET tomorrow at 6:10 p.m. and BRI will be featured at 6:35 p.m.

boomer
08-13-2011, 02:46 AM
Hey tell them about your favorite fantasy football pod cast. I know those guys work so hard at Fantasy Nation. ;)

boomer
08-13-2011, 03:05 PM
Has any of this changed since the game moved?

CardAmbassador
08-13-2011, 03:09 PM

No, this will still be at the same time, James Brown is calling in. The game was rescheduled over a week ago. If you remember Woodard talks about it in the video interview BRI did with him.

Mike
08-13-2011, 03:37 PM

No, this will still be at the same time, James Brown is calling in. The game was rescheduled over a week ago. If you remember Woodard talks about it in the video interview BRI did with him.

this is true. Ill be there at 6:35 this evening.

CardAmbassador
08-13-2011, 09:32 PM
Don't forget to tune in at 6:00!

Mike
08-13-2011, 09:43 PM
Don't forget to tune in at 6:00!

Then turn it off at 6:35. JB will be done by then ;)

Big T
08-13-2011, 09:43 PM
Here is the online stream.

http://clients.globaldatalink.net/kset/live.htm

CardAmbassador
08-13-2011, 10:23 PM
Good stuff so far, make sure to tune in.

James Brown: "Octavius Logan is the quickest shiftiest back we have"

boomer
08-13-2011, 10:49 PM
Come on man? Show some love we bust our buts for you!

CardAmbassador
08-13-2011, 10:52 PM
I was thinking the same thing, he is probably a little nervous and forgot, I just text messaged him about it, maybe he will see it and mention it.

boomer
08-13-2011, 10:56 PM
Ok. He text me to settle down he's got us covered. Thought my wife was going to have to take me to the ER! You guys have to understand guys like us and CA put in alot of time and aren't used to any publicity!

Big T
08-13-2011, 10:59 PM
HS fantasy football? I'm all for it!!!

CardAmbassador
08-13-2011, 11:02 PM
Good show, I think James Brown said alot of good stuff about the team and Mike did a good job telling people about the site.

Go LU!

bigred360
08-13-2011, 11:06 PM
Good show, I think James Brown said alot of good stuff about the team and Mike did a good job telling people about the site.

Go LU!

Couldn't agree more as they kinda put him on the hot seat about Pat Knight and the over/under on how long he'll be at Lamar.

Heck, the man hasn't coached his first game yet and guys are wanting to know how long he is going to stay.

Then Mike mentioned the Fantasy guys on BRI. I'm not into fantasy sports but I'm probably one of the very few.

Great job, go Cards!

boomer
08-13-2011, 11:13 PM
I assure you if you know Mike you know that was unbelievable! When I first met mike he said I'll do what ever y'all want but I don't talk on the show. Now he is doing live Inprov. Great job bruh way to stay loose and get all of us out there!!!:woohoo:

bigred360
08-13-2011, 11:13 PM
Good stuff so far, make sure to tune in.

James Brown: "Octavius Logan is the quickest shiftiest back we have"

He ran a 4.51 forty this spring but my money is on D. Garrett. I just think he is the best overall back we have.

boomer
08-13-2011, 11:18 PM
Hey guys is there any way to veil the game at home tonight. I heard there would be streaming games is this true and is it only when the season starts.

Davis
08-15-2011, 12:56 AM
I want to thank Mike for accepting our invitation to be on the show, and we're looking forward to working with Big Red Insider throughout the season... And thanks to everyone that listened, and let us know who you'd like to see on the show in the future, freddavis3@gmail.com...

Thanks Again

Fred Davis

Mike
08-15-2011, 04:50 PM
I want to thank Mike for accepting our invitation to be on the show, and we're looking forward to working with Big Red Insider throughout the season... And thanks to everyone that listened, and let us know who you'd like to see on the show in the future, freddavis3@gmail.com...

Thanks Again

Fred Davis

Fred, I want to thank you for having me. I enjoyed it and don't think I made too big a fool of myself. Hopefully we can continue to help each other out, just let me know how and when.

Mike