PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Another transfer to LU?

Mike
08-09-2011, 02:50 AM
Got text tonight from someone telling me about another potential player wanted to come to LU. I won't give up the name yet but I will say he plays an impact position, was originally a Big12 recruit and a pretty highly ranked rivals recruit out of high school.

I'll leave it at that because this is seriously only a weak rumor at this point, nothing official.

CardinalClaw
08-09-2011, 02:53 AM
Hopefully this rumor get stronger.

Big T
08-09-2011, 02:57 AM
Even if it is just a weak rumor it sure is great to hear Lamar linked to yet another FBS transfer.

CardAmbassador
08-09-2011, 02:58 AM
Hopefully it gets stronger and the player is a RB, DT or DB.

lcm2007ms
Got text tonight from someone telling me about another potential player wanted to come to LU. I won't give up the name yet but I will say he plays an impact position, was originally a Big12 recruit and a rivals 4-star ranked player.

I'll leave it at that because this is seriously only a weak rumor at this point, nothing official.

Is the player originally from around this area?

TBonesLU
Um, land him!

LU4LIFE
08-09-2011, 03:03 AM
If we could land another FBS transfer this might just be the best off season ever. I hope it is a DB.

TBonesLU
08-09-2011, 03:18 AM
Got text tonight from someone telling me about another potential player wanted to come to LU. I won't give up the name yet but I will say he plays an impact position, was originally a Big12 recruit and a pretty highly ranked rivals recruit out of high school.

Can you please tell us who or give us a hint and let us figure it out ourselves? I would even go so far as to say that anyone here would agree to not guess "out loud" on the board if that is so desired. It will bug us all night. Position?

CardAmbassador
08-09-2011, 03:21 AM
If we could land another FBS transfer this might just be the best off season ever. I hope it is a DB.

I was going to post a question about this earlier. What would we rate this signing class now that we brought in Campbell, JJ and Oden all at once?

TBonesLU
08-09-2011, 03:25 AM

I was going to post a question about this earlier. What would we rate this signing class now that we brought in Campbell, JJ and Oden all at once?

I would say B+ to A-. Just think if they'd all been recruited at the same time. Can you imagine how excited we would've been to see 4 FBS transfers (you forgot Davis) come in all at the same time? I think the time separation between each lets the excitement wear off just a tad. We need to remember how explosive these guys all have the potential to be. I can't wait for football season!

I'm still trying to decide on the other game besides McNeese that I'll attend.

CardAmbassador
08-09-2011, 03:29 AM

I would say B+ to A-. Just think if they'd all been recruited at the same time. Can you imagine how excited we would've been to see 4 FBS transfers (you forgot Davis) come in all at the same time? I think the time separation between each lets the excitement wear off just a tad. We need to remember how explosive these guys all have the potential to be. I can't wait for football season!

Correct I forgot Davis, and now we both forgot Marcus Malbrough. :)

TBonesLU
08-09-2011, 03:41 AM

So 5 guys...was Jordan Garrett still at Tulane last year?

CardinalClaw
08-09-2011, 03:46 AM

So 5 guys...was Jordan Garrett still at Tulane last year?

No he transferred the year before last.

coachacola
08-09-2011, 10:36 AM
Getting 3 or 4 FBS transfer a year is pretty common at the FCS level. SHSU just announced 3 FBS transfers yesterday. But I like the fact Lamar seems to be attracting impact players and if they can do this every year then Woodard won't have to suffer any rebuilding years, he can just reload.

Big T
08-09-2011, 05:41 PM
Admin have you heard anything else about this?

CardAmbassador
08-09-2011, 05:48 PM
I reread the post at the top and now I think I might have a clue to who it is. But no public guessing because it will just start everyone into a frenzy.

I could be dead wrong too, the guy fits the profile, but so do plenty of other people.

sleepy
08-09-2011, 06:04 PM
If this is a receiver from one the the mid tier big 12 programs it is not happening. There was a chance but not looking like it will happen.

West
08-09-2011, 06:39 PM
Any chance it was former Ozen Panther and Baylor WR Willie Jefferson?

AVItom
08-10-2011, 12:43 PM
I am pretty sure I know. I am pretty confident that I know. I might know, but wait not sure if he is still....wait....wait....yep I know! ha ha na na bo bo!

sleepy
08-10-2011, 04:20 PM
I dont think it is Jefferson.

Mr.KnowItAll
08-10-2011, 10:36 PM
Please tell me its Christian Michael (West Brook, Texas A&M)! If we could get someone of his caliber.... I don't even want to think about it!

AggiesAreWe
08-10-2011, 11:43 PM
Please tell me its Christian Michael (West Brook, Texas A&M)! If we could get someone of his caliber.... I don't even want to think about it!

NO CHANCE!!!!

Big T
08-11-2011, 12:57 AM
No chance as in it isn't him or no chance as in you hope not?

Does TAMU qualify as a mid major in the Big XII?

AggiesAreWe
08-11-2011, 02:56 PM
No chance as in it isn't him or no chance as in you hope not?

Does TAMU qualify as a mid major in the Big XII?

No chance that it is him. C-Mike will have a good season this year.

I don't think the SEC would want a mid-major.;)