PDA

View Full Version : Preview: Running Backs

BRI Staff
08-15-2011, 01:48 PM
BEAUMONT - Lamar University's passing game posted some impressive performances in 2010 as the Cardinals returned to the football field for the first time since 1989. Unfortunately, when the Cardinals weren't throwing it well, the offense struggled to move the ball.

This year, with added depth, talent and experience in the running back position, the Cardinals are looking for much better balance on offense. Running backs coach James Brown is confident the group he has carrying the ball this season will supply that balance.

"We're a big part of the offense," said Brown about his group of five tailbacks. "We have to protect the quarterback when we throw, but when we have the ball, we have to make the plays and protect the ball.

Read More: http://www.lamarcardinals.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/081511aaa.html

BRI Staff
08-15-2011, 01:56 PM
rfg

CardAmbassador
08-15-2011, 01:57 PM
I like this line about Hussey:

"Thanks to the great job that Coach (Scott) Reeves has done in the weight room with Cody, he is the most improved of the group," Brown said. "Cody knows the offense backward and forward, so now that he is quicker and breaking more tackles, he should be really good this year."

Coach Brown said alot of the same thing he said on the KSET interview Saturday but I like hearing his comments on the players. Especially when he talks about Venson, he will be here for another 3 years, that's some quality time with this team and apparently he is already making waves.

CardAmbassador
08-16-2011, 01:03 AM
....Chirp

..Chirp

......Chirp

Geez it's has been abnormally quiet here today.

NorthoftheBorder
08-16-2011, 02:10 AM
I like this line about Hussey:

"Thanks to the great job that Coach (Scott) Reeves has done in the weight room with Cody, he is the most improved of the group," Brown said. "Cody knows the offense backward and forward, so now that he is quicker and breaking more tackles, he should be really good this year."

Coach Brown said alot of the same thing he said on the KSET interview Saturday but I like hearing his comments on the players. Especially when he talks about Venson, he will be here for another 3 years, that's some quality time with this team and apparently he is already making waves.

I saw Cody play in HS. He was a real sneaky runner, good vision, broke tackles, used his blockers well and was faster in the game. I hope that with the weight and conditioning program he really does step it up and contribute on offense.

coachacola
08-16-2011, 02:14 AM
....Chirp

..Chirp

......Chirp

Geez it's has been abnormally quiet here today.

Well, the running game isn't that strong so all we can do is hope someone has a decent season.