PDA

View Full Version : College Football Performance Awards - Preseason Watchlist

BRI Staff
08-15-2011, 03:56 PM
College Football Performance Awards - Preseason Watchlist

Lamar
• Jacody Coleman, Lamar (DE) Apparently they don't know that Coleman moved positions.
• Justin Stout, Lamar (K)

Source: http://collegefootballperformance.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/2011-CFPA-D-I-FCS-Watch-List.pdf

CardAmbassador
08-16-2011, 12:03 AM
Congratulations to these two LU players. I feel pretty confident that in all of these awards and ranking services LU is going to receive many more awards by season end.

CFPA two selections
SLC zero selections
Phil Steele 4 selections

For those of you who don't know, Marcus Jackson was the highest selected SLC player by Phil Steele to possibly be drafted or acquired by an NFL team. It makes me laugh that Phil Steele gives him basically the highest accolade of any SLC player and yet he didn't get selected for preseason honors by the SLC.

bigred360
08-16-2011, 12:10 AM
Marcus Jackson is a stud but IMO we have two great WR's at the FCS level with the other being JJ Hayes.

Congratulations to those selected. Coleman might send someone to the hospital this year!

royallion05
08-16-2011, 03:09 AM
Congratulations to these two LU players. I feel pretty confident that in all of these awards and ranking services LU is going to receive many more awards by season end.

CFPA two selections
SLC zero selections
Phil Steele 4 selections

For those of you who don't know, Marcus Jackson was the highest selected SLC player by Phil Steele to possibly be drafted or acquired by an NFL team. It makes me laugh that Phil Steele gives him basically the highest accolade of any SLC player and yet he didn't get selected for preseason honors by the SLC.

He wasn't selected for SLC preseason honors because Lamar wasn't an SLC member last year...returning members of the 2010 All-SLC team are automatically placed on the preseason list...plus there's a lot of good receivers in this league.

CardAmbassador
08-16-2011, 03:24 PM

CFPA two selections
SLC zero selections
Phil Steele 4 selections

He wasn't selected for SLC preseason honors because Lamar wasn't an SLC member last year...returning members of the 2010 All-SLC team are automatically placed on the preseason list...plus there's a lot of good receivers in this league.

I knew all that, still if some are going to say he is the best Junior/Senior receiver in the league, seems like he would have made one of the spots as I'm sure not every single wide receiver that received honors last year is returning.

And It doesn't really matter, It's just a preseason award, I just find the whole situation very funny.

bigred360
08-16-2011, 03:35 PM

CFPA two selections
SLC zero selections
Phil Steele 4 selections

I knew all that, still if some are going to say he is the best Junior/Senior receiver in the league, seems like he would have made one of the spots as I'm sure not every single wide receiver that received honors last year is returning.

And It doesn't really matter, It's just a preseason award, I just find the whole situation very funny.

All this preseaon ALL-SLC does is make our better players play with a chip on their shoulders. Plus, there isn't 4 WR's better than Jackson in the SLC. 41 catches for 727 yards and 8 TD's. That is a 17.7 yards per catch. Then he matched the Lamar record of longest punt return for a TD at 90 yards.

I would not take another WR over Jackson in the SLC.

royallion05
08-17-2011, 05:58 AM

CFPA two selections
SLC zero selections
Phil Steele 4 selections

I understand using the "snub" as a motivational tactic, but none of your players were eligible for the pre-season list because you weren't officially a conference member last year...not saying I agree with how the SLC does things as far as honors are concerned, but those are the guidelines, and have been since we came into the league.

As for returning players from the 2010 All-SLC list, Simmie Yarborough and Cordell Roberson both return and deserve to be on the first team...Anthony Foster and Domonique Croom both return and were elevated from Honorable Mention to the 2nd team...if anybody has a beef, we have one with Brandon Collins being snubbed...he was left off the All-SLC team last year, not even making honorable mention, but we finished 2-9 and he had off-field issues at the U of Texas, which made it convenient to leave him off...I expect that won't be the case this year.

bigred360
08-17-2011, 01:34 PM
Dude, don't blow a gasket or something. We aren't talking about SE Louisiana or even Collins. I know why they weren't on the team just like when UCA came into the league. It is a stupid rule especially since we played four SLC teams last year. Another reason I hate the SLC. The Big 10 doesn't do it that way. http://pennstate.247sports.com/Article/Big-Ten-Media-make-Preseason-Picks-32984

I see a few Nebraska players on one of the teams. B)

None of the players except the guy from SFA you listed can carry Marcus Jackson jock strap.

Are we going to have to throw for over 400 yards again to prove it! LOL

CardAmbassador
08-17-2011, 03:25 PM
My understanding was that we were eligible for selection but that like you had said previous post season winner have to be selected before other players. That still left the honorable mention awards open to our players, and int some cases second string.

bigred360
08-17-2011, 03:36 PM
CA, the SLC preseason selections are a joke. My 10 year old nephew could make these selections. Give him the rosters, returning All-Conference selections and those that were honorable mention.

Man, they really put a lot of thought into this. LOL